Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess Commissioner Burrell and Deputy Rawls didn't do much to fix the department....

Comment

Last edited by triniboy05; 07-02-2018, 11:50 PM.
      God never promised that it would be easy, just that he would be there with you every step of the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by triniboy05 View Post
        Majority of BPD, and it's incoming academy classes are white.

Which tells me they're only in to leave to another dept

Comment

• Originally posted by ddoming7992 View Post
          Which tells me they're only in to leave to another dept
          Care to explain that seemingly racist post?

Comment

Last edited by triniboy05; 07-02-2018, 11:50 PM.
            God never promised that it would be easy, just that he would be there with you every step of the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Name Taken View Post
              Care to explain that seemingly racist post?
              Umm excuse me? Don't put words in my mouth as I am NOT implying any racism WHAT-SO-EVER. According to the 2012 census, Baltimore city is 64% black. Where I live our black population is 53%. Now we only hire residents within and whenever a class of 100 are in there's at most 10-15 whites. Those candidates openly admit to moving in just to get hired to move on to other agencies in the state. Obviously there are no residency restrictions for Baltimore, however I was using my analogy from my city as that is the norm where I'm from. After all, the turn over in Baltimore is proven in this thread alone. So if my response to a large group of Whites using Baltimore as a stepping stone makes me racist, then you need to look up the definition of racism. I don't know of one qualified candidate, regardless of race, would stay in a department (if given the option to leave) the way triniboy has depicted Baltimore to be. Furthermore, being racist is to put down a specific race, display hatred towards a race, or showing superiority over another race, which my comment clearly does not. Check yourself before making such allegations.
              Last edited by ddoming7992; 02-17-2015, 01:18 AM.

Comment

• Lol, I'm looking forward to reading Taken's response to this idiot

Comment

• Originally posted by TGYNYY View Post
                  Lol, I'm looking forward to reading Taken's response to this idiot
                  Right, I'm not going to involve myself in the immature back and forth and name calling on here. If my comment REALLY offended you then I don't know how you manage to survive on the road regardless of what department you're on. And since we're making assumptions off of a meaningless comment that wasn't meant to back door any implication, then I guess I can assume you're sensitive for being uncomfortable about it, but I won't assume that.

As always stay safe folks....

Comment

• I "survive on the roads" of Baltimore City, what department do you work for? You might want to delete your bigot posts before HR sees them, because I guarantee you that they won't see it as a "meaningless comment."

Comment

• Why do you think that white officers would apply only to lateral out and black officers would stay?

I'd be careful in posting one sentence replies about controversial topics. It leaves a lot of guessing to be done on the readers part.

Comment

Last edited by triniboy05; 07-02-2018, 11:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ddoming7992 View Post
                          Umm excuse me? Don't put words in my mouth as I am NOT implying any racism WHAT-SO-EVER. According to the 2012 census, Baltimore city is 64% black. Where I live our black population is 53%. Now we only hire residents within and whenever a class of 100 are in there's at most 10-15 whites. Those candidates openly admit to moving in just to get hired to move on to other agencies in the state. Obviously there are no residency restrictions for Baltimore, however I was using my analogy from my city as that is the norm where I'm from. After all, the turn over in Baltimore is proven in this thread alone. So if my response to a large group of Whites using Baltimore as a stepping stone makes me racist, then you need to look up the definition of racism. I don't know of one qualified candidate, regardless of race, would stay in a department (if given the option to leave) the way triniboy has depicted Baltimore to be. Furthermore, being racist is to put down a specific race, display hatred towards a race, or showing superiority over another race, which my comment clearly does not. Check yourself before making such allegations.
                          Im not sure that I would call Baltimore "racist" or their policing "racist" so I think the leadership was wrong to state that BPD was dealing with 50-60's "racism." In fact, when you go to CBIF on a good Friday night, there seems to be a good mix of inmates of all colors and its probably the most evened out and diverse inmate population in the state, considering you can go to other jails/facilities and that may not be the case. So its certainly not the officers who are racist as they are bringing in a wide variety of riff raff. Maybe Mr. Anthony Batts should go visit DC's /PG's jails and tell me who's getting arrested, and he can have a discussion on racism and policing, or how certain populations who commit crimes are handled vs's others. I can say that I haven't witnessed racism in reference to BPD's arrests. People know, that if you go to power plant and screw up, or act up in other areas, no matter if your white, black, hispanic, asian, etc... your going to take a ride. People know that if you go buy dope in Baltimore, and get caught with drugs up there, no matter what the color of your skin is, your going to jail. Now tell me if the crowds in College Park or Georgetown are handled in the same manner, vs's how bad conduct is handled in a bad neighborhood in some other neighborhoods in these jurisdictions?? Enough said.

In reference to officers leaving, I don't think that could be attributed to race either. Theres a good portion of officers that are white that stay on BPD, so I don't think its suburban white kids that take jobs in the city just to get a certification. And theres a good mix of people that leave for a wide range of reasons. I think theres people that want to see change there, however the percentage of people who are content with the status quo outweighs the ones with bright ideas and looking to make changes within how the department does business in reference to treatment of its employees. The fact that the department knows it has a serious problem within the ranks, and in the way it does recruiting/employment but doesn't want to make change, is going to hurt the leadership down the road, because politicians won't feel bad putting a "sick dog" out of its misery budget wise. Just wait till Larry Hogan gets his hands on some of these jurisdictions and the cuts come, and the cuts are coming. Lets face it, state taxes are out of control, spending is out of control, and for years, tons of money has been literally dumped into certain jurisdictions and zero results. Speak of the devil, look at the revolving door at some of these police departments (not just BPD), where millions gets poured into recruiting, backgrounds, hiring, only for officers to quit and leave due to the toxic environment within the agency, and for years now, no politicians have held these police administrators accountable. I seriously think the days of blindly signing over blank checks are over, and free "grants" for hiring, especially departments that have squandered it all away.

I don't know if theres is racism within BPD. Speaking from personal experiences, i've served under suspected racist supervision in policing, both white and black, in policing and in the military. Interestingly, you don't see the younger generation pick up on it, because that generation is being phased out, and because its not the view of the world, in most places anymore. Its dinosaur policing, and not logical, as many criminal organizations adopted to circumvent police race based profiling (put 2 white guys in a car with a trunk load of dope if they keep stopping black guys). You can, however see how it got into that vicious cycle too... one side was mean to the other one, and the other group has to payback what was done to them and so forth. I would also say that the same people who make claims of "racism" often certainly don't implement policies that do anything to fix the said situation, even if they are in a position to do so. I also think that making such accusations and creating a climate of fear between the police and the citizens with the spectre of racist cops patrolling their beats doesn't do anything to help Baltimore city. Its going to spark lawsuits, uses of force, and even discourage good cops from stopping criminals for fear that if "something happens" they might have to use force, and get sued, indicted, fired, and suffer character assassination orchestrated by armchair quarterbacks and the media lynch mob. Whats worse, is by creating this atmosphere, it causes the neighborhoods to get worse overall, because they are being patrolled by cops who aren't cowards because they are sissy cops, but because they fear retribution from the leadership and the things i've outlined, and the criminals will operate with impunity because they know the cops are running scared, out of fear of being labeled a "racist."

But overall, I don't think that BPD is racist in their hiring or policing tactics, and Mr. Anthony Batts was wrong to make that statement.

Comment

• Any thing new in regards to a future academy?

Comment

• still waiting to get the call for final processing with fingers crossed.

Comment

• I have two questions:

Where exactly is the police academy?

Also, I've heard nice things about mount Vernon, is this a nice place to live?

Edit: Also got "the call" on Friday, thanks for the information everybody.
                                Last edited by Veritas9; 02-21-2015, 05:00 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5353 users online. 335 members and 5018 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X