Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baltimore City Police Department Q&A

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by iTiMxB View Post
    Received the call this morning. Final Processing on the 16th. Anything I should be aware of? I started the entire process in late Aug, so its been moving very fast.
    Originally posted by a_kreft View Post
    I just got the call for final processing Tuesday as well!
    Congrats guys!
    Nothing you should be aware of that comes to mind, see ya Tuesday.

    -John

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Future_cop_91 View Post
      Congrats! When did you do the med and phsyc?
      Oct 21st.

      Comment


      • Is it worth going to go take the test on a Tuesday? I heard processes are slowing down. Should I go take it anyway.

        Comment


        • Yes, they have not gotten the amount of people they want for the class yet. Worst case scenario is you'll get picked up for the next one.

          -John

          Comment


          • Other than document collection what else can I expect during the preliminary interview? Will I be meeting with one person? Multiple people? Will it be mostly going over what was written on the questionnaire?

            Comment


            • ^pretty much just document collection, nothing stressful. You'll meet with one person. Quick 5-10 minute process.

              Comment


              • Hey guys how was final processing today? any updates?
                Written Exam: 08/02/2014
                Agility Screening: 08/02/2014
                Written Psychological Exam: 08/03/2014
                Background Interview: 08/03/2014
                Polygraph: 08/05/2014
                Background Investigation Completed: 12/10/2014
                Medical Exam: 01/20/2015
                Psychological Exam: 01/20/2015
                Final Processing: TBD

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Future_cop_91 View Post
                  Hey guys how was final processing today? any updates?

                  Final Processing went well, there was only three of us which was surprising; I was expecting around 10 people. We will swear in the 29th.
                  One odd thing was that the Detective that helped us with the paperwork was under the impression starting pay was 42k when it should be 46k. She didn't have an updated pay chart. She also didn't know about the change in pension plan that is occurring soon. If anyone could clear either up before the 29th, that would be awesome.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by a_kreft View Post
                    Final Processing went well, there was only three of us which was surprising; I was expecting around 10 people. We will swear in the 29th.
                    One odd thing was that the Detective that helped us with the paperwork was under the impression starting pay was 42k when it should be 46k. She didn't have an updated pay chart. She also didn't know about the change in pension plan that is occurring soon. If anyone could clear either up before the 29th, that would be awesome.
                    Who was it? We got our sheet with updated pay and what the raise will be come July. If you'd like PM me your email and when I locate it I'll send you a copy.

                    Comment


                    • 10characters
                      Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-23-2015, 04:05 PM.

                      Comment


                      • I have a question on processing if anyone can answer it. When you go for processing is that the official date of hire and will you start getting paid and do desk duties until the academy? Or you start getting paid when you start the academy?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by a_kreft View Post
                          Final Processing went well, there was only three of us which was surprising; I was expecting around 10 people. We will swear in the 29th.
                          One odd thing was that the Detective that helped us with the paperwork was under the impression starting pay was 42k when it should be 46k. She didn't have an updated pay chart. She also didn't know about the change in pension plan that is occurring soon. If anyone could clear either up before the 29th, that would be awesome.
                          As far as I know, what she said was almost accurate. POT pay is lower. You don't get the full salary until after you graduate from the academy. That includes any education bonuses, they do not apply until after you complete the academy.

                          Originally posted by ny_2326 View Post
                          I have a question on processing if anyone can answer it. When you go for processing is that the official date of hire and will you start getting paid and do desk duties until the academy? Or you start getting paid when you start the academy?
                          Final processing is broken into two parts: Phase I and Phase II. Phase I is the day you go in to go over some of the touches of the hiring process and set-up your hire date. It's not very long. Phase II is your actual date of hire and the entire day will be spent over the remainder of those final touches. If you are a pre-hire, you'll get paid as of Phase II and you'll be reporting wherever you are assigned to. Depending on that location, I will say that "desk duties" is a total exaggeration of what you'll be doing. I have yet to see a desk.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ny_2326 View Post
                            I have a question on processing if anyone can answer it. When you go for processing is that the official date of hire and will you start getting paid and do desk duties until the academy? Or you start getting paid when you start the academy?
                            In my experience (which seems to be everyone else's as well), you go in for Final Processing and on that day, you tell them when you want to start. On the day you tell them, you come in, swear in, and then sort out pension, direct deposit, and other paperwork. After that day, you report to the academy as a pre-hire and will continue doing so until your academy starts.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Seraphym View Post
                              As far as I know, what she said was almost accurate. POT pay is lower. You don't get the full salary until after you graduate from the academy. That includes any education bonuses, they do not apply until after you complete the academy.



                              Final processing is broken into two parts: Phase I and Phase II. Phase I is the day you go in to go over some of the touches of the hiring process and set-up your hire date. It's not very long. Phase II is your actual date of hire and the entire day will be spent over the remainder of those final touches. If you are a pre-hire, you'll get paid as of Phase II and you'll be reporting wherever you are assigned to. Depending on that location, I will say that "desk duties" is a total exaggeration of what you'll be doing. I have yet to see a desk.
                              Incorrect. As POT you receive full pay, $46,199 to start until July when the raise comes in for everyone. Also, there are several different "jobs". If you're lucky you will go to the academy to " work". Otherwise you will be actually worked. Until the academy starts.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by B0AN1CK View Post
                                Incorrect. As POT you receive full pay, $46,199 to start until July when the raise comes in for everyone. Also, there are several different "jobs". If you're lucky you will go to the academy to " work". Otherwise you will be actually worked. Until the academy starts.
                                Hey now! I will have you know that I worked really hard a couple of days ago ! My group was instructed to clean several rooms.
                                Last edited by Seraphym; 12-17-2014, 06:21 PM.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 12807 users online. 396 members and 12411 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X