300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MiGuy View Post
    Just thought I would let you know while working my 11P-7A shift last night, I spoke to a recruiter who I know that was in my district working overtime. Upon speaking to said recruiter, I was informed that right now hiring hasn't really slowed down much, just that they were not hiring cadets, but regular hiring is still about what it has been. It was also stated THAT with this economic stimulus plan thing, they plan to pick up hiring even more coming up more towards the summer/end of year. SO, for those thinking of applying, put in for it and good luck.
    Nothing to do with what you just said really, but what are the shifts (in hours) that your district/station works? 11-7 am is one, what are the others? Sorry if this has been addressed already...

Comment

• Originally posted by NightStix View Post
      I miss the Corps too, easy fix get all the toys you had while you were in and "bring back the memories" that way. I love putting rounds through my AR.
      Kinda hard getting a satchel full of C-4 and all the necessary items without people asking lots of questions. I'd love to get my hands on a nice AR though...where's a good shooting range for those sweet babies?

Comment

• Originally posted by DaLAW View Post
        Nothing to do with what you just said really, but what are the shifts (in hours) that your district/station works? 11-7 am is one, what are the others? Sorry if this has been addressed already...
        Standard hours.. 8a-4p and 4p-12a... Those two shifts if you are on one of those, you alternate every 28 days. So for 28 days you'll be working during the day, the next 28 days you'll be working in the afternoon.

12a-8a. That is permanent midnight shift. You don't rotate at all, that is your shift. Some districts.. I think mayb 3,4, or 5 of them, not really sure, are like mine, which is just off by an hour. 7a-3p, 3p-11p, 11p-7a.

Of course, once you get out of patrol who knows how your schedule works. It depends on the unit.

Comment

• out o state

anyone recently try and do out of state testing? Just wondering if they r still doing it cuz of the economy...and anyone know how long it takes for them to get back to you after you send in an app?

Comment

• I believe someone posted a few pages back that they called down and Personnel said that they are no longer doing the 4-day out of state process. The best thing to do is call several times, hoping you get different people to ask each time.

Comment

• Just wondering, how much does ones credit history affect things? I got a copy of my credit report and noticed I have a negative listing. Nothing major, but would it hurt my chances?

Comment

• Originally posted by DaLAW View Post
                Just wondering, how much does ones credit history affect things? I got a copy of my credit report and noticed I have a negative listing. Nothing major, but would it hurt my chances?
                ha, not a big deal. the main thing is that anything negative is currently being taken of and you are at least attempting to settle the debt. my score was below 600 when i was hired because of old credit cards from my first year of college. nothing was past due at the time of applying and now my score is in the 700's.

Comment

• im wondering whats going on i went for the out of state back Jan 9th and 10th. i passed everything handed the background book in,well here like almost 3 months later i have not heard anything my background is clean im a firemen and a summer cop in NJ, im not worried about my background, well i called yesterday to see whats going on and they put my name in their cpu and told me that i have not been assigned a background person yet. They say theyre still hiring so whats the deal?
                  Baltimore City Police

Written Test: 1/9/09-Passed
                  Written PSY Test: 1/9/09-Passed
                  Agility Test: 1/10/09-Passed
                  Meet BI(Background Packet Submitted): 1/10/09- Passed
                  Background Inv. started: 4/15/09 to 6/20/09: Passed
                  Medical: 6/26/09-Passed
                  PSY Interview: 7/7/09-Passed
                  Polygraph: 8/7/09-Passed
                  Final processing: 8/24/09-Passed
                  HIRED: 9/1/09

Comment

• im guessing that maybe they have a large number of applications and yours will be taken by the next available operator.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
                      im guessing that maybe they have a large number of applications and yours will be taken by the next available operator.
                      i agree on what u say about a large number of applications, but than why keep giving out test and taking more applications and holding everybody up and putting alot of stress on the background people, to me it makes no sense but i dont make the rules.
                      Baltimore City Police

Written Test: 1/9/09-Passed
                      Written PSY Test: 1/9/09-Passed
                      Agility Test: 1/10/09-Passed
                      Meet BI(Background Packet Submitted): 1/10/09- Passed
                      Background Inv. started: 4/15/09 to 6/20/09: Passed
                      Medical: 6/26/09-Passed
                      PSY Interview: 7/7/09-Passed
                      Polygraph: 8/7/09-Passed
                      Final processing: 8/24/09-Passed
                      HIRED: 9/1/09

Comment

• They tend to be a bit disorganized because of the volume I think. BI work is a very monotonous job from what I was told. So I think the BI's just don't pay as much attention....I took the exam and passed everything back in sept last year. They said that they have the fastest hiring process of all the police dept's in the country. Well, I had my background investigation interview in the beginning of Feb. Up until then I had 2 background investigators assigned to me up until that day. When I arrived for my interview, I interviewed with yet another BI person who had no idea that references had been done etc. It is now April, none of my other references have been contacted and I am still unsure which of the three BI's is my actual BI person.

I am not sure if I should call and ask or what. I figured I would just sit and wait but it sure doesn't appear to be such a quick process for everyone as they like to make you believe during the orientation....I figure by May/June if I don't hear anything perhaps I should call..

Comment

• usually, the person that goes over your packet with you is your assigned BI. the other people are just detailed to personnel. not all of the people you encounter during the hiring process are actual BI's.

Comment

• The three that I have encountered were all BI's because they identified themselves as the BI investigator....but not sure why mine changed hands so much between them. One BI sent out the reference letters, while the other BI said he was assigned to me. So when I told the third BI that the first BI already sent the letters out, he seemed confused.

Comment

• Originally posted by bail1975 View Post
                              The three that I have encountered were all BI's because they identified themselves as the BI investigator....but not sure why mine changed hands so much between them. One BI sent out the reference letters, while the other BI said he was assigned to me. So when I told the third BI that the first BI already sent the letters out, he seemed confused.
                              hmm, maybe the other BI's transfered out of personnel?

Comment

• Its a bit confusing I know...but I had an apt with the 1st one, but forgot the exact time or I wanted to verify the apt time I had written down. When I called to confirm my apt I told them who my BI was, they checked, then came back and said my BI was someone else. I told the person on the phone that the first one I was asking for already sent out reference letters and I had spoken to him over the phone once already. But the desk person said, nope my BI was someone else...BI #2....so When I asked them to confirm, they then transferred me to the 2nd BI who I spoke with and said he would be my actual BI person. But when I showed up for my apt, it ended up being someone completely different.....and I did not bother to ask why...I try not to be a pest through the process because they all seem to be a bit stressed/on edge.

I have to be honest, there hasn’t been a single part of this process that has been organized. At least not from my viewpoint. Makes me wonder if my packet fell on the floor in the back room some where and is now a door mat...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8557 users online. 464 members and 8093 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X