Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My weakness is flexibility. My fear is the sit and reach...

Comment

• Originally posted by kip42 View Post
      My weakness is flexibility. My fear is the sit and reach...
      I'm right with you there. I have been stretching twice a day and its getting there, but still needs to improve the next couple of days.

I'm curious to know if they fail you for that as well.

Comment

• Kip42 the city doesn't do sit and reach anymore so you shouldn't have to worry about that portion of it anymore.

Comment

• Definitely keep me posted when you hear something

Originally posted by Veritas9 View Post
          I completed my PFT/psych in early July then handed in everything around the twentieth and had my poly at around the same time. Haven't heard anything. I know this might sound cliche, but we just have to be patient. I have a feeling things are going to pick up in early December, until then, happy turkey day everyone.

Comment

• Can anyone who would know or has been hired already shed some light on what's going on with the academy? It's been changed a few times now, just want to know if the January 23rd date remains. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens05 View Post
              Can anyone who would know or has been hired already shed some light on what's going on with the academy? It's been changed a few times now, just want to know if the January 23rd date remains. Thanks
              That is what I last heard on Tuesday. Sorry I have been silent guys. Just got to MD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seraphym View Post
                That is what I last heard on Tuesday. Sorry I have been silent guys. Just got to MD.
                where u moved too? And when do u start working?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens05 View Post
                  Can anyone who would know or has been hired already shed some light on what's going on with the academy? It's been changed a few times now, just want to know if the January 23rd date remains. Thanks
                  At this point it is still set for the 23rd. So far there are not enough to fill a class, and I've heard of a possible push, but that information at this point is unverified. There are constantly new faces I see for processing, so I don't think a push will happen, personally.
                  Last edited by B0AN1CK; 12-06-2014, 08:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BPDNewGuy View Post
                    where u moved too? And when do u start working?
                    Monday. I am on the East side. Roughly 20 miles from the academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by B0AN1CK View Post
                      At this point it is still set for the 23rd. So far there are not enough to fill a class, and I've heard of a possible push, but that information at this point is unverified. There are constantly new faces I see for processing, so I don't think a push will happen, personally.
                      Thanks man, if anything new comes up it would be highly appreciated if you let us know. Hope all is going well

Comment

• How are the vets here satisfied with their leave/shift? It's kind of crazy that they placed so many new guys on 1 shift. I Just graduated and I'll have 14 guys beneath me in seniority on my shift...14! It's like that in multiple districts, a lot of inexperience placed together.

Comment

• What's the percentage of people who go through the process to hired ratio? Do most people who apply and complete the process get offered a job?

Comment

• Originally posted by kip42 View Post
                            What's the percentage of people who go through the process to hired ratio? Do most people who apply and complete the process get offered a job?
                            Last I heard, we get about 3000 applicants per year, roughly 300 get hired and about 200 make it to graduation. We screen about 10 people for every 1 that gets the call.

Comment

Last edited by triniboy05; 07-02-2018, 08:24 PM.
                              God never promised that it would be easy, just that he would be there with you every step of the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by jm89 View Post
                                How are the vets here satisfied with their leave/shift? It's kind of crazy that they placed so many new guys on 1 shift. I Just graduated and I'll have 14 guys beneath me in seniority on my shift...14! It's like that in multiple districts, a lot of inexperience placed together.
                                In 2012, one third of the Department had less than 5 years on the job. I haven't seen any official figures as of 2014 but if I had to guess I'd say that number is now close to one half. We're losing experienced Officers and promising new Officers at an alarming rate. The public and the newspapers complain about the quality of policing in the City but never bother to ask why or how we got here. It's easier just to dump on the agency and propose quick but ultimately futile or irrelevant fixes.

Any prospective Officer looking at these message boards who makes the decision to come aboard had better pay attention in the Academy. Chances are you will never ride with a certified FTO. The Officer training you will likely be a probationer himself which basically means you're on your own. Folks zone out in the Academy figuring they'll learn what they need to know when they get to their district. Many receive a rude awakening.

As for my leave group and shift, I can't complain. Everyone's leave groups rotate at intervals so it really doesn't matter where you start. As for my shift assignment, I'm very happy. I'll be working with some very active Officers and some very good supervisors, one of whom is a legend in the agency. Half of being happy is deciding to be happy. I enjoy being a Cop. I have no intention of allowing humps, psychos and malcontents to ruin my day.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17630 users online. 539 members and 17091 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X