Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im from Baltimore and you may want to try the timonium/cockeysville area. 20 mins from Academy, good area, awesome schools, tons of apartments/town homes. Police Discount? No idea. I know prices are pretty good though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens05 View Post
      Im from Baltimore and you may want to try the timonium/cockeysville area. 20 mins from Academy, good area, awesome schools, tons of apartments/town homes. Police Discount? No idea. I know prices are pretty good though.
      Found a two bedroom in Parkville. $1005/month..best I could find. Didn't sign any papers yet. Still looking around but need a place soon. Renaissance Club Apartments has quite a few of them left...looks decent. Does that sound like an average price to you?

Comment

• Originally posted by B0AN1CK View Post
        Found a two bedroom in Parkville. $1005/month..best I could find. Didn't sign any papers yet. Still looking around but need a place soon. Renaissance Club Apartments has quite a few of them left...looks decent. Does that sound like an average price to you?
        Yeah that sounds about average and not too bad. I looked where those apartments are and for Parkville it's in one of the better areas. Good find. I grew up in Parkville. Not the best spot in the county, but by far not the worst either.

Comment

that sounds really good do they have washer and dryer in the apartment that will be a big thing for me....we do wash a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by BPDNewGuy View Post
            that sounds really good do they have washer and dryer in the apartment that will be a big thing for me....we do wash a lot.
            Yes it has a washer and dryer. All two bedrooms have a private entrance as well..one bedrooms are just under $900. Included in rent is only water and sewage, along with garbage pick up. 24/hour maintenance available free of charge.
            http://m.apartmentguide.com/apartmen...nce-Club/7971/

If you decide to rent there let me know. You can make my rent cheaper if you say I referenced you! Lol

Comment

• [QUOTE=B0AN1CK;3552255]Yes it has a washer and dryer. All two bedrooms have a private entrance as well..one bedrooms are just under $900. Included in rent is only water and sewage, along with garbage pick up. 24/hour maintenance available free of charge.

make sure you go see this place with your own eyes......and look at the one they want to rent you not a model one....i went to this place and your couldn't pay me to live there.

Comment

• [QUOTE=BPDNewGuy;3552393]
                Originally posted by B0AN1CK View Post
                Yes it has a washer and dryer. All two bedrooms have a private entrance as well..one bedrooms are just under $900. Included in rent is only water and sewage, along with garbage pick up. 24/hour maintenance available free of charge.

make sure you go see this place with your own eyes......and look at the one they want to rent you not a model one....i went to this place and your couldn't pay me to live there.
                When was that? I'm swinging by again today after work .. It was a model room, the other "wasn't available to view". I'll make sure to see it today though. What was wrong that you saw?
                Last edited by B0AN1CK; 11-21-2014, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• I heard some advise from an officer who was told of this advise from an old school Sergeant. If you are going to live anywhere, live somewhere far away from a bus route. When the police radio goes, "beeeeep" and signals you are out of range, you're home. Also guys, don't dip your pen in the company ink, if you know what I mean. No truer words have been spoken.
                  Baltimore, where the police are the perps and the perps are the victims

Comment

• couple months ago maybe july. it really sucked! ill request to see the one I'm moving into or no deal.

[QUOTE=B0AN1CK;3552565]
                    Originally posted by BPDNewGuy View Post

When was that? I'm swinging by again today after work .. It was a model room, the other "wasn't available to view". I'll make sure to see it today though. What was wrong that you saw?

Comment

• [QUOTE=BPDNewGuy;3552903]couple months ago maybe july. it really sucked! ill request to see the one I'm moving into or no deal.

Took your advice and requested to see the one I was looking to rent out. At first the girl was hesitant but she then continued to show me the apartment. It looked pretty good, noticed that the bathroom tub seemed like they just sprayed some kind of coating/paint over it..I told her when it chips to not expect me to pay for repairs..took plenty of pictures! Other than that it was clean and looked good.

I asked her if there was a problem with cars being broken in to, she refused to answer and stated that she was not allowed to give that information...I don't like that response. I guess just don't leave anything you care about in your vehicle.

Comment

I asked her if there was a problem with cars being broken in to, she refused to answer and stated that she was not allowed to give that information...I don't like that response. I guess just don't leave anything you care about in your vehicle.
                        Her refusal to answer the question directly should tell you everything you need to know.

As for securing property in your vehicle know this: never, ever leave anything the Department issued you in your personal vehicle unattended. I don't care if the doors are locked. I don't care if the windows are tinted. At some point, someone will break in and you'll be writing a 95 trying to justify why you left your equipment in the car. Short of running to someone's rescue, no excuse will ever be good enough for the powers that be. If your equipment is stolen out of your car expect to receive departmental charges. If your firearm, ammunition or kevlar vest get stolen out of your car and you are on probation, expect to be fired.

Either secure your equipment in the district or secure it in your home. Your personal vehicle is never a secure container, no matter what you may think.

Comment

• i would have been super scared when she said that.....just make sure you look into man. i stay in the county and i can say i been blessed no break ins or problems at all...if you want to PM ill tell u the details.

Took your advice and requested to see the one I was looking to rent out. At first the girl was hesitant but she then continued to show me the apartment. It looked pretty good, noticed that the bathroom tub seemed like they just sprayed some kind of coating/paint over it..I told her when it chips to not expect me to pay for repairs..took plenty of pictures! Other than that it was clean and looked good.

I asked her if there was a problem with cars being broken in to, she refused to answer and stated that she was not allowed to give that information...I don't like that response. I guess just don't leave anything you care about in your vehicle.[/QUOTE]

Comment

• Originally posted by BPDNewGuy View Post
                            i would have been super scared when she said that.....just make sure you look into man. i stay in the county and i can say i been blessed no break ins or problems at all...if you want to PM ill tell u the details.

[/QUOTE]

I asked a buddy about it who is taking Realtor classes, apparently by law they aren't allowed to tell you about demographics, even in the slightest. They aren't allowed to tell you about the schools, crime, anything.

Wish me luck! Lol.

On another note, is Maryland one of the states that was swept by the gun control laws? I'm coming from PA...that should tell you enough about me and guns 😜

Comment

• On another note, is Maryland one of the states that was swept by the gun control laws? I'm coming from PA...that should tell you enough about me and guns ������[/QUOTE]

HAHA...yes.

If you own certain firearms and bought them after 10/1/2013 you can't even bring them into the state. If they were brought prior to 10/1 you need to register them with the state.

Ten round magazine limit on purchases but you can bring your normal magazines from PA just fine.

7 day wait on handgun purchases, many rifles are banned from sale, newly released handguns need to be submitted to a board and approved prior to sale (usually takes 90 days or more), only 1 handgun purchase in 30 days unless you apply for collector status, certain pistols are banned from sale and possession.

Have fun figuring it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Name Taken View Post
                                On another note, is Maryland one of the states that was swept by the gun control laws? I'm coming from PA...that should tell you enough about me and guns ������
                                HAHA...yes.

If you own certain firearms and bought them after 10/1/2013 you can't even bring them into the state. If they were brought prior to 10/1 you need to register them with the state.

Ten round magazine limit on purchases but you can bring your normal magazines from PA just fine.

7 day wait on handgun purchases, many rifles are banned from sale, newly released handguns need to be submitted to a board and approved prior to sale (usually takes 90 days or more), only 1 handgun purchase in 30 days unless you apply for collector status, certain pistols are banned from sale and possession.

Have fun figuring it out.
                                I see MD's governor and NY's governor have been talking; those are almost the exact same rules as up here now. Let me guess, it was rushed through as "emergency" legislation after Newtown, right?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6625 users online. 321 members and 6304 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X