• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone heard anything yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by lookinggood View Post
      Has anyone heard anything yet?
      I am not certain the background or personnel unit works in weekends.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seraphym View Post
        I am not certain the background or personnel unit works in weekends.
        Background Investigators from Personnel can work on weekends, depending on their schedule/workload. The Police Commissioner wanted Academy classes of 70 Police Trainees or so, I cant remember the number I was told a couple months ago. With the new patrol schedule taking effect next year and the shortage of man power I'm surprised they have not been calling more candidates for the academy to help start pushing out new officers and fill vacancies. There are many changes coming to the department and part of it is hiring well qualified candidates, if I can recall some of the issues were ensuring that more thorough background investigations were completed ensuring the BPD are hiring individuals of both good character and qualification. Especially now with this police brutality cloud hovering over our heads and a anti-police trend going around. I don't think BPD will be the department where you apply and are hired in as little as 3 months anymore. To those in the process best of luck and hang in there, the learning curve is great in this Department whether your intentions are to retire here or gain the experience to lateral.
        Last edited by Fire4Effect1; 10-29-2014, 05:44 PM.
        "Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."

Comment

• @NG47, future_cop91, and ny_2326

How are you guys coming along? Still being met with silence? I'm especially interested in you ny_2326, didn't you say that your oral psyc and medical evaluation were scheduled sometime back in September? Did they postpone it or something? I noticed that your reply a few weeks ago said you were still waiting.

Comment

• Talked with the director of the academy yesterday and its looking like the next class will be starting in January......he said its not set in stone but thats what its looking like so keep your head up....keep running and working on push ups and sit ups.....he said it can get called in any min though......

Comment

• Originally posted by BPDNewGuy View Post
              Talked with the director of the academy yesterday and its looking like the next class will be starting in January......he said its not set in stone but thats what its looking like so keep your head up....keep running and working on push ups and sit ups.....he said it can get called in any min though......
              Thanks a ton for this information!
              Last edited by Seraphym; 10-31-2014, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• I still have the psych interview and med screening left. I'm a little curious as to how the psych interview will go.

Comment

• Originally posted by NG47 View Post
                  I still have the psych interview and med screening left. I'm a little curious as to how the psych interview will go.
                  Have they scheduled it for you or are you still waiting?

Comment

• Originally posted by BPDNewGuy View Post
                    Talked with the director of the academy yesterday and its looking like the next class will be starting in January......he said its not set in stone but thats what its looking like so keep your head up....keep running and working on push ups and sit ups.....he said it can get called in any min though......
                    Can get called in any min, meaning a short notice of a few days, to possibly January? Guess just work our asses off and hope for the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by B0AN1CK View Post
                      Can get called in any min, meaning a short notice of a few days, to possibly January? Guess just work our asses off and hope for the best.
                      I'm just going to cave and get a local gym membership. I was dodging it mostly to avoid having to suddenly terminate it, however the snow is already starting up here.
                      Last edited by Seraphym; 11-01-2014, 07:54 PM.

Comment

• Just a heads up to any lurkers, BPD is running a special event on November 21st, but you have to be a resident of the city. Might be something worth looking into if you've contemplated applying and live in the city limits, but it doesn't seem like the entry actually mentions what all it entails.

It does mention that you need to be in business attire, but you'll also need to bring workout clothes. I'd at least say that they intend to knock out the written examination, as well as the physical agility screening, in that one day. That's two of the steps cleared out right there.
                        Last edited by Seraphym; 11-03-2014, 07:10 AM.

Comment

• Yeah I was schedule for it then they cancelled on me. My Investigator called me a few days ago and told me everything is going well and that now they want to finish the background Investigation before moving further into the other steps. That was what i was told so far.

Comment

• I am in the same boat... waiting to do the psych and medical

Originally posted by ny_2326 View Post
                            Yeah I was schedule for it then they cancelled on me. My Investigator called me a few days ago and told me everything is going well and that now they want to finish the background Investigation before moving further into the other steps. That was what i was told so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by ny_2326 View Post
                              Yeah I was schedule for it then they cancelled on me. My Investigator called me a few days ago and told me everything is going well and that now they want to finish the background Investigation before moving further into the other steps. That was what i was told so far.
                              Ouch. Living in New York you can probably drive it, but it would have sucked for them to do that if you had to fly in.

Comment

• Hey guys had to make a new account, I can't remember my other email lol. I'm still waiting for the medical and pysch, does anybody have any news or updates?

Thanks
                                Written Exam: 08/02/2014
                                Agility Screening: 08/02/2014
                                Written Psychological Exam: 08/03/2014
                                Background Interview: 08/03/2014
                                Polygraph: 08/05/2014
                                Background Investigation Completed: 12/10/2014
                                Medical Exam: 01/20/2015
                                Psychological Exam: 01/20/2015
                                Final Processing: TBD

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 15826 users online. 510 members and 15316 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X