300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Veritas9 View Post
    She didn't use those exact words, but yes. The words she used were, "[We haven't hired any one at this point because we're still deciding on a date for the academy, which we're thinking of moving to January]". Notice my generous use of brackets, as I am by no means quoting her verbatim. But the more I learn on this forum, the more it seems absolutely no one KNOWS when the academy is, people can only speculate (as I have admittedly been doing). And yes I have my oral psych and medical left to do as well. As for the BI's not calling people about the delay in processing? I have no idea.
    Interesting. Well, it looks like we are all just going to have to play it by ear for a while. I'd prefer the delay just to avoid moving in with my MIL, but only so long as I don't have to repeat that any part of the process. I'd do it if I have to, but I'd prefer to avoid it.

Originally posted by BPDNewGuy View Post
    the last i heard around the academy is that the next class is in the budget for this year so they kinda have to start a class this year...when money is set out for that it has to be done so the latest it should start is dec 31, however i have been hearing heavy talk about first couple of weeks in NOV.
    Technically, isn't the fiscal year from July 1st to June 30th? The Department may be free to move things around so long as that they get it within the fiscal year, rather than the traditional calendar year.
    Last edited by Seraphym; 10-18-2014, 02:54 AM.

Comment

• Well, I will admit I was wrong. BPD removed its "Expedited Processing" heading in bpdrecruit.com pretty recently. If some of you recall, it described how they work and what to expect. I am pretty sure it was under "Becoming an Officer".

The only reference left to those events is on "Testing Dates", where it says they are not any further events planned for the future. Take that for what you will guys.
      Last edited by Seraphym; 10-20-2014, 07:01 AM.

Comment

• I say we all stay positive and hope for the best, good things take time!! I feel the phone calls coming soon. The more they keep stalling, the more time we have to do push-ups and run. Look on the bright side.

Comment

• I agree!!! How far are you in the process?

Originally posted by Ravens05 View Post
          I say we all stay positive and hope for the best, good things take time!! I feel the phone calls coming soon. The more they keep stalling, the more time we have to do push-ups and run. Look on the bright side.

Comment

• lookinggood, just med and psych left. Ive been in the process since June. Im ready to go! Im starting to get a little antsy haha

Comment

• DOJ review said to take 2 1/2 years to complete. Initial phase will take 6-8 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by B0AN1CK View Post
                DOJ review said to take 2 1/2 years to complete. Initial phase will take 6-8 months.
                Just a heads up, your PMs are full again.

Originally posted by Ravens05 View Post
                I say we all stay positive and hope for the best, good things take time!! I feel the phone calls coming soon. The more they keep stalling, the more time we have to do push-ups and run. Look on the bright side.
                I agree, but there are also plenty of reasons to be getting pretty anxious about some of the information that is coming down the grapevine. There are some costs that came with getting this far if you are dealing with savvy employers who know how these things work. I know someone, and it's not me, that has lost their job over it. Next month, I'm also looking at getting a pretty harsh hour-cut because my own employer believes that they have an accurate timeline. They anticipate that I'll be gone within a month or two, despite anything I try to say to dissuade them.
                Last edited by Seraphym; 10-20-2014, 09:18 PM.

Comment

• I haven't heard anything back yet. I took the physical agility test on the 20th of September and the written psychological test the 24th.

Comment

• Have you taken the poly yet? Were you assigned to a background investigator?

Originally posted by mario1 View Post
                    I haven't heard anything back yet. I took the physical agility test on the 20th of September and the written psychological test the 24th.

Comment

• Originally posted by mario1 View Post
                      I haven't heard anything back yet. I took the physical agility test on the 20th of September and the written psychological test the 24th.
                      Honestly, that's not a bad turn-around between those two phases at all. Dig around through the thread and you'll find people who waited weeks in between those things!

Comment

• No I haven't taken the polygraph.or a BI

Comment

• What's up Seraphym? Did you hear anything yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by lookinggood View Post
                            What's up Seraphym? Did you hear anything yet?
                            Nope. Got an email from my BI to address something that wasn't really related to my file, but he added that the file itself is still "under review pending approval for hire". That's all I've gotten. I don't really expect anything for a while though, not with the recent revelations.

Comment

• Definitely keep me posted. I haven't heard anything on my end as of yet.

Originally posted by Seraphym View Post
                              Nope. Got an email from my BI to address something that wasn't really related to my file, but he added that the file itself is still "under review pending approval for hire". That's all I've gotten. I don't really expect anything for a while though, not with the recent revelations.

Comment

• Originally posted by lookinggood View Post
                                Definitely keep me posted. I haven't heard anything on my end as of yet.
                                As I said, I'll definitely let this entire thread know when I hear something, one way or another. I just expect that you guys that are still waiting to move up in the process will hear something before I do.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14608 users online. 386 members and 14222 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X