300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Name Taken View Post
    You said you don't see how it can be different from any other agency. Maybe I took some liberty in reading in between the lines of you post but as others have stated it comes across from a very uneducated point of view.

If you have no experience or exposure to the department it's wrong to try and convince anyone what they should do regarding applying.

Not an argument just some facts.
    The meaning behind what I was saying was for them to make a decision based on what they find. It's also wrong to steer people away from something. No argument here. Have a pleasant day, and thanks for your insight. Perhaps I worded things incorrectly.

Comment

• I graduate in 2 days. With just 6 weeks of field training I was able to see how upset officers are, how you're just a number, got my own dose of departmental F'ing during the baseball detail, and while the morale of some will improve with the new schedule and raise...it'll lower with others. A lot of upset people being sent back to patrol. Someone told me northeast drug unit is going from 26 guys to single digits. Plenty will just retire if they have the time on instead of go back (which I also hear will affect the July raise, as it's based off of cutting overtime which they would then struggle to do).

I'll have to make my own opinions on the department. Eyes are wide open, good and bad. Just ready to get out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by jm89 View Post
        I graduate in 2 days. With just 6 weeks of field training I was able to see how upset officers are, how you're just a number, got my own dose of departmental F'ing during the baseball detail, and while the morale of some will improve with the new schedule and raise...it'll lower with others. A lot of upset people being sent back to patrol. Someone told me northeast drug unit is going from 26 guys to single digits. Plenty will just retire if they have the time on instead of go back (which I also hear will affect the July raise, as it's based off of cutting overtime which they would then struggle to do).

I'll have to make my own opinions on the department. Eyes are wide open, good and bad. Just ready to get out there.
        Congratulations and stay safe out there

Comment

• Originally posted by waittime View Post
          Is this the reason for the stall in hiring for the upcoming academy? When will the federal investigation begin?
          I hate to be that guy, but we don't actually know that there is a true stall in hiring. The fact that there are users on here that have not gotten a call for final processing, or to continue on to the last two phases, is not necessarily indicative of a hiring problem. Just saying, we might all just be BPD rejects and didn't get the memo.

Originally posted by B0AN1CK View Post
          Congratulations and stay safe out there
          Just wanted you to know that your PMs are full. No one can send you anymore of them until you clear some out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seraphym View Post
            Just wanted you to know that your PMs are full. No one can send you anymore of them until you clear some out.
            Wow that fills up fast! Emptied folder. Thanks

Comment

• Is there anyone who is still waiting to hear anything that has military background?

Has anyone heard anything new?

Comment

• I'm looking to reapply to the department. A little under two years ago, I went through the entire process...and was sent a DQ letter in the mail about a month afterwards. I asked if I could receive any feedback, but my BI at the time said she could not disclose any reasons as to why I was DQ'ed. I remained positive and chalked it up to not having adequate experience. Since then, I've worked as Correctional Officer , did a bit of social work and just recently got hired as Parole Officer. I got in touch with a recruiter and was told to write a letter to human resources asking if I could reapply. Now, my question...has anyone gone through this? Is there a specific waiting period that one must complete before reapplying to BPD? As for the DQ, I can't think of any reason why it occurred as I've completed a couple of background checks with two agencies since then with no issues. Responses will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by sk84 View Post
                  I'm looking to reapply to the department. A little under two years ago, I went through the entire process...and was sent a DQ letter in the mail about a month afterwards. I asked if I could receive any feedback, but my BI at the time said she could not disclose any reasons as to why I was DQ'ed. I remained positive and chalked it up to not having adequate experience. Since then, I've worked as Correctional Officer , did a bit of social work and just recently got hired as Parole Officer. I got in touch with a recruiter and was told to write a letter to human resources asking if I could reapply. Now, my question...has anyone gone through this? Is there a specific waiting period that one must complete before reapplying to BPD? As for the DQ, I can't think of any reason why it occurred as I've completed a couple of background checks with two agencies since then with no issues. Responses will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
                  Could it just be that you were not competitive at the time? Are you a vet or college grad?
                  Last edited by Seraphym; 10-12-2014, 02:52 AM.

Comment

Could it just be that you were not competitive at the time? Are you a vet or college grad?
                    I'm hoping and guessing that's what it is. I do have a 4 year college degree in Psychology, but at the time I had very minimal experience (Had worked private security for a little while along with some restaurant management and tutoring). I'm sending the letter out today. I hope they let me reapply.

Comment

• At the time,did your bi specifically tell you that you passed everything? Sometimes,you can complete things and not pass.

Comment

Last edited by triniboy05; 07-02-2018, 08:10 PM.
                        God never promised that it would be easy, just that he would be there with you every step of the way.

Comment

Has anyone been able to find a copy of their "Preventing Harm" report, or has it not been publicly published yet? I was interested in taking a look at it, but I've yet to find a copy anywhere.
                          Seraphym, where are you in the process?

Comment

• Originally posted by triniboy05 View Post
                            I believe it's 2 years from DQ before you can reapply but don't quote me on it, if you look through the posts you'll find it somewhere in there I'm sure.
                            Trini where are you at in the process?

Comment

Last edited by triniboy05; 07-02-2018, 08:10 PM.
                              God never promised that it would be easy, just that he would be there with you every step of the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by lookinggood View Post
                                Seraphym, where are you in the process?
                                I've been done for a while. My file was sent up about 7 weeks ago. Are you finished yourself?

Originally posted by sk84 View Post
                                I'm hoping and guessing that's what it is. I do have a 4 year college degree in Psychology, but at the time I had very minimal experience (Had worked private security for a little while along with some restaurant management and tutoring). I'm sending the letter out today. I hope they let me reapply.
                                You really have me nervous if that is what the problem was because the only difference between the two of us is your restaurant management experience you had (I have none of that) and I recently completed my Master's. I'd be a little shocked if that were the problem though because there have been people hired, in the last year mind you, straight out of college. I don't imagine they have a ton of experience.
                                Last edited by Seraphym; 10-13-2014, 04:26 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14040 users online. 486 members and 13554 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X