Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, i dont mean "sensitive material" and you are right, what you guys have said so far has been on the up and up IMO. Just dont want to see good applicants get punished for spilling the beans they didnt know they were spilling. at this point i will get off my soap box and let you continue with your regularly scheduled program

Comment

I would be interested in BPD if my vision was not so bad. Its 20/200 uncorrected.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyReb View Post
        I would be interested in BPD if my vision was not so bad. Its 20/200 uncorrected.
        There is always Lasik, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Kashihara View Post
          There is always Lasik, right?
          True, but truth be told I'm very paranoid about having that done to my eyes. I'm just getting my career started (I'm a CO) and if something happens to my eyes, bye bye LE.

Not when there are other departments which will waive their uncorrected standard for contacts.

Comment

Originally posted by jvegas View Post
            for those interested.

today was the written psych portion.

arrived at 830am and left at 230pm. you do the math.

started by filling out some paperwork. there are 2 psych tests. one is about 500 questions and the second is 310questions. i will say that the 310 booklet is the same exact test that MdTA uses. There are 2 additional tasks as part of the test also, but i wont divulge that on here. in the middle of the test we (me and 1 other) were sent to the 2nd floor for fingerprinting and then to Mercy Hospital for drug testing. sat at mercy for about 2 hours. then it was back to HQ to finish the psych.

im not complaning about the time, but want to give a heads up. plan your day accordingly.
            My day went the same way except for the two hour wait at Mercy PSI
            "Damned if you do and damned if you dont"

Comment

the final medical was worse. my appointment was 1:40, they didnt take me until 3. after the first tests, i waited another 25minutes for a doctor to get to me. i ended up leaving the infirmary around 430.

Comment

Whats the deal with the medical? Your standard physical examination and urinalysis? or something else like blood work, etc?

Comment

first was the urinalysis. then i went back at the very end to do eye tests, hearing tests, lung capacity, etc...

Comment

Bpd

How hard is the recruiting process on your credit rating. Going through a divorce, currently working corrections in Michigan and retired Marine.
                    Convict says I'm geeting tired of this health care system. I reply can I see your health care providers card and where did you say you were treated prior to coming to prison? Oh you used the corner pharmacy, we don't have that here NEXT PLEASE!

Comment

• I know we are pretty much past the whole "what was the physical like?" part of the thread but....

When I go to take the bench press test, do I want to go in there and tell them to put 400lbs on the bar and go to town? Or do I want to keep it at the 65% they require?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jat1668 View Post
                        I know we are pretty much past the whole "what was the physical like?" part of the thread but....

When I go to take the bench press test, do I want to go in there and tell them to put 400lbs on the bar and go to town? Or do I want to keep it at the 65% they require?
                        they will weigh you and they decide the weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by gunnywilret View Post
                          How hard is the recruiting process on your credit rating. Going through a divorce, currently working corrections in Michigan and retired Marine.

i dont think they are too tough. im pretty sure that they are looking for extreme delinquencies.

Comment

• I'm assuming the physical is pass/fail as most other are so whether you bench 65% or 400 lbs., they both equal PASS. And as vegas said, I'm sure they weigh you and just put 65% on the bar, they're not looking for people to set records.

Comment

• its also an OLD style machine. they will either round up or down to fit the machine.

Comment

• Out of curiosity. I know that BPD starts at 41000 but the site says that there are yearly increases. Anyone have any idea on what I should be expecting to make on base salary my 2nd year, 3rd year, etc..?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4901 users online. 242 members and 4659 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X