300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KingofSix View Post
    might sound like a dumb question, but does this also apply to other police agencies in maryland , or is this just BPD getting shafted by the pension system, and theoretically, the pension system should be funded at 100% correct?
    In theory it should be over 100% funded.

However when politicians either A) Take money from the fund for non pension reasons B) Make horrid investments decisions C) Fail to make their pension contributions several years in a row you end up with what the city has. Most "healthy" pension funds being in the mid 80's.

If I was a city officer I would be much more concerned with them righting the pension fund then giving a 3-10% COLA or whatever they call it. Most are in a position to live 20-30 years AFTER retirement. I'd want a healthy fund for that time rather then a few extra grand now. But that's just me.
    Last edited by Name Taken; 04-02-2014, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by soxxx View Post
      Hi if I were to come down for the May 31/June 1st testing, what would be the earliest class I could potentially end up in if I passed all the steps required?

Also what about if I went down for the April 26/27 testing? If anyone has any information I appreciate it, thanks.
      I've heard the next class will be in July. But I could be wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by JKOV View Post
        I've heard the next class will be in July. But I could be wrong.
        But is there any chance I would make the July academy if I went down April 26-27. I would probably be looking more toward the October or a future one correct?

Comment

But is there any chance I would make the July academy if I went down April 26-27. I would probably be looking more toward the October or a future one correct?
          I'm sure there would be at least a small chance, especially with the expedited processing being more expedited now. I'll be re-starting my process around the same time. I applied last June but my application was put on hold cuz I got lasik.

Comment

yes.. depending on your background... as you can see from my signature, my ENTIRE process from start to hire was 2 months exactly. its definitely possible

Comment

Last edited by triniboy05; 07-02-2018, 06:34 PM.
              God never promised that it would be easy, just that he would be there with you every step of the way.

Comment

yes.. depending on your background... as you can see from my signature, my ENTIRE process from start to hire was 2 months exactly. its definitely possible
                Thanks for the encouragement. July would be really good, but I am not going to count on it.

Comment

• I'm going to the april 26/27 processing dates....can anyone tell me what to expect any study guides or anything.....

Comment

• Originally posted by sjones973 View Post
                    I'm going to the april 26/27 processing dates....can anyone tell me what to expect any study guides or anything.....
                    Expect a lot of waiting

Comment

• Originally posted by sjones973 View Post
                      I'm going to the april 26/27 processing dates....can anyone tell me what to expect any study guides or anything.....
                      There's a study guide on the BPD recruit website. www.bpdrecruit.com GO under "testing" and click on study guide. Good luck!

Comment

• I'm assuming all of the calls went out last week. Am I right?

Comment

• Still not over yet, keep your phone close by, When I met my background investigator in February on the thursday before the academy start date (friday) . There were about 8 people who were final processing the day before the academy.

Comment

• quick question to BPD recruiting or anyone who can answer that know, do they have home visits? and also I'm military so my supervisor may deploy so how do they get in contact with your ref. do they call them send letters or what? i just want to make sure i list the right people they i know will help my process b/c I'm pushing for the july class.

Comment

Still not over yet, keep your phone close by, When I met my background investigator in February on the thursday before the academy start date (friday) . There were about 8 people who were final processing the day before the academy.
                              you have a lot of information is there anyway you can pm me an email or number I'm in the Air Force so i like to ask somethings off line about your process.

Comment

• How long does the background investigation usually last how long does one wait before they get a go or no after completing all the other steps? Also if I get pre hired into the department and deploy before the academy do I still have a job to comeback to and can I go to the academy after deployment?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4257 users online. 243 members and 4014 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X