300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Plinton876 View Post
    Im in the same boat with you bro! Well not really the same boat but all i have was tickets and i haven't gotten any since 09 and i had an arrest for suspended license same year i believe, but it was sealed. I was rejected too. I got up to the written psychological and then got the letter in the mail 2 months later. If they were going to reject me i wish they would have told me right then and there. smh
    Sealed or not, they can see it. Getting arrested for a suspended license is taken seriously. That was the reason why you were DQ'd.

Comment

• deleted...
      Last edited by tpbman121; 03-05-2014, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• passed my poly doing my medical right now.. had a chat with my sgt. and she said for me to expect a call in 2 to 3 weeks ..... or sooner ... crazy..... I just went to the event jan 18-19 ... to know I'm most likely going to get hired inafter less than 2 months is insane.... class starts april 11th word is your case must be signed off by april 4th to make the cut for April 11th... good luck all... psych tomorrow and I'm done.

Comment

• Attended January 18-19 expedited event. Still haven't heard anything back yet. I emailed them for a status check last week and they haven't replied to me yet. Should I keep trying to contact them or should I just wait and see? Getting kinda nervous

Comment

• Originally posted by fabolous084 View Post
            Right now there is a strong push to hire so this is the best time to get on.
            Indeed. A very strong push. Anyone who's been reading the Department e-mails knows just how strong.

After the City Council grilled the Commissioner about OT it all but disappeared for patrol. With so many Officers being suspended or injured, however, the spigot has been turned back on. There's nothing the Department can do to avoid it. When 30 to 40 percent of a shift is suspended or out on medical there's no other way to man the post cars.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thedoughboy111 View Post
              Indeed. A very strong push. Anyone who's been reading the Department e-mails knows just how strong.

After the City Council grilled the Commissioner about OT it all but disappeared for patrol. With so many Officers being suspended or injured, however, the spigot has been turned back on. There's nothing the Department can do to avoid it. When 30 to 40 percent of a shift is suspended or out on medical there's no other way to man the post cars.
              whats the biggest cause for suspension in the department?

Comment

• ---------------
                Last edited by StoneBone718; 03-29-2017, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mavrick View Post
                  whats the biggest cause for suspension in the department?
                  Misconduct.

The Academy is far from perfect but it does teach you how to conduct yourself in a proper, lawfully correct manner. The longer many Officers spend on the street, the sloppier they become. Uniforms become soiled and torn and are never repaired, boots go unpolished, reports are turned in which are incoherent and riddled with errors, the public is treated with an ever increasing amount of apathy or outright hostility. Our fleet is an embarrassment. More often than not, I'm ashamed to be seen in my vehicle. Garbage everywhere, the seats and console soiled, pieces missing, the body warped from one too many preventable accidents. You can vacuum, clean and polish all you want - within the week some malcontent will come in and ruin all your good work. Too often folks on this Job forget that their duty is to set the example for others to follow. We are supposed to raise the level of those around us, not stoop to theirs.

Baltimore City is a toxic environment. It takes a strong person to come to work in this City every day and not become indifferent, corrupt or brutal. Our rate of attrition is high and we become weaker by the day with every good man and woman we lose. There are entire squads which are mediocre because all the dedicated Officers have transferred to other assignments or lateraled out to other agencies. One consequence is that some trainees are never field trained properly. I've met Officers who don't know how to prepare a MAARS (accident) report or process a traffic arrest. Many can't tell you when they're supposed to issue a contact receipt or what the criteria are for an involuntary detention. The result is that the ignorance of many Officers requires that they make up the rules as they go along. Others simply don't care.

If you get hired here and graduate the Academy remember that you are a professional and are expected to conduct yourself as such. We have all the humps and psychos we can handle and then some. Please don't add to our troubles.

Comment

• Originally posted by StoneBone718 View Post
                    Officers just doing dumb stuff like picking up prostitutes or harming innocent animals. If officers would keep their mind right and not do stupid stuff then they wouldnt get suspended.
                    Absolutely. Most people are suspended or terminated for things that are either blatantly criminal or mind bogglingly stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thedoughboy111 View Post

What are some of the reasons officers are getting suspended? I'd like to know so I dont make the same mistake.

Comment

• lol look a few post above 88..

Comment

• 88 what? Do you mean page 388?

Comment

• Ok disregard I just read the posts. Holy craps if that's what people are doing then they deserve to be terminated.

Comment

Last edited by triniboy05; 07-02-2018, 06:28 PM.
                              God never promised that it would be easy, just that he would be there with you every step of the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by triniboy05 View Post
                                lol low blow
                                Compared to being involved in a federal wiretap, kidnapping turd kids and dropping them off in another county, prostituting out your wife, selling drugs on the district parking lot, choking a puppy to death, and it goes on and on.

That guy picking up a hooker is a small issue.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6114 users online. 400 members and 5714 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X