Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels64, Im pretty sure its you that I am thinking of, I sat next to you for the test. Anyway, whatever the date was when we took the test I got a call in early Feb. and went in for the interview on Feb. 5th. Since then I havent heard anything. As far as when 09-02 will start I have no idea. I talked to an officer today who just recently graduated in the last class of 08' and he told me that he didnt think there were budget issue but instead the department was waiting on more retiree's and officers leaving before they begin 09-02. As far as the truth in that I am not sure, just what I heard.

Comment

• Originally posted by hopefull05 View Post
      ... he told me that he didnt think there were budget issue but instead the department was waiting on more retiree's and officers leaving before they begin 09-02. As far as the truth in that I am not sure, just what I heard.
      which means budget issues. we are short officers, theres no reason to wait for more retirees other than budget issues. im not saying thats the reason, but the officer you spoke to contradicted themselves.

Comment

• Yeah that makes sense, I obviously have no idea im just trying to get in, but I was under the impression that the money is there to begin a class but there is no need for more officers at this time. But if your saying BPD is short on officers then yeah thats a different story and a part he failed to mention.

Comment

Yeah that makes sense, I obviously have no idea im just trying to get in, but I was under the impression that the money is there to begin a class but there is no need for more officers at this time. But if your saying BPD is short on officers then yeah thats a different story and a part he failed to mention.
          i hear ya. patrol is definitely short.

Comment

PaulPo, How long ago did you go in for the background interview?
            I believe it was around Mid-January when I saw my detective. Only thing I got left is for them to finish with my background investigation and do poly and pee in the cup. Psychological interview was interesting to me.

Wheels, I see you haven't been assigned a detective yet. Once you see your detective, that's when your BI starts. PM me if you want to know more.

If everything goes as scheduled without any delays, I'm expecting next academy to be within next 2 months. But, who knows, seems like people in E&T doesn't even know when.

Anyone did the physical agility back in early December? I was surprised to see that I was like the only person from Baltimore area out of like 40 people that was there that day.
            Last edited by PaulPo; 02-27-2009, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NightStix View Post
              I remember the ole Westco parking lot by the ED. Plenty of fun times there, heck even the Court Commissioners came over when they were located at the districts.

What do you mean its no longer allowed??? That aint right. Although Tex Mex was fun the other night!
              A former chief of patrol ended that BPD tradition. (I'll let you guess who)

The district lots were shut down, so those of us in NED operations just moved to fun to a nearby undisclosed location at a un-named university that may or may not be very close to the district.
              GO CAVS!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
                i hear ya. patrol is definitely short.
                We better be considered short since it's next to impossible for me to get a day off. It's nice, working Baltimore you get so many days off you get between holidays, vacation days, vmi days, etc etc.. The down side, being able to use them is rare. So hopefully they get the new classes going.

Comment

• Does anyone know yet if they are for sure in the next upcoming academy? I found out last week that my BI was transfered out and my paper work has been completed since dec. but no one has any yeas or neys to my hiring or not.Anyone have any input?

Comment

• PaulPo, When you went in for your background interview were you assigned an investigator then or did you hear from him sometime afterwards? Because when I went in for my background I never met a BI that was assigned to me I just went over everything in my background with an officer and was told I would be hearing from them.

Comment

PaulPo, When you went in for your background interview were you assigned an investigator then or did you hear from him sometime afterwards? Because when I went in for my background I never met a BI that was assigned to me I just went over everything in my background with an officer and was told I would be hearing from them.
                      I think what you are talking about it when you first turn in your packet. After you turn in your packet, you should get a call from a detective to come in for a brief interview. The detective you talk then will be the detective assigned to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiGuy View Post
                        We better be considered short since it's next to impossible for me to get a day off. It's nice, working Baltimore you get so many days off you get between holidays, vacation days, vmi days, etc etc.. The down side, being able to use them is rare. So hopefully they get the new classes going.
                        You mean it's hard for you to even get your normal days off? Or vacation time?

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulPo View Post
                          You mean it's hard for you to even get your normal days off? Or vacation time?
                          No no, you get your normal days off no problem. And if they need to move your normal day off for some reason, you still will get it off, just on a different day. So.. you get your 8 days off each 28 day cycle. What I am referring to though, is youa ctually can accumulate a lot of extra days off. Holidays, you vacation days, you get medical incentive days, etc... But so far about 99% of the time I put in for a day off, it keeps getting denied. And that is the same for all of my coworkers. Maybe it's just my shift, but I've had some other friends in other districts say the same thing. So it's nice that you get a lot of days off, in theory, but it is extremely difficult to, at least I have found, to actually get some days off. I've even tried to put in for random days like Tuesdays and Wednesdays thinking it would just be hard to get a weekend off. Nope, still denied.

Comment

• Hi people I was going to go to the out of state process on feb 20 but they cancle it any one knows when will they have an out of state process. Pm me if anything

Comment

• PaulPo, Im not talking about when you first turn in the packet with all the documents. Im talking about when you go in after that and fill out a whole seperate packet with explanations and then someone goes over it with you. I was never formally introduced to any investigator assigned to me at that time. When you went in for this, how long after was your background investigation started?
                              Last edited by hopefull05; 03-01-2009, 09:31 PM.

Comment

• what are the medical benefits and retirement like for BPD? Right now I pay 8% of my gross income every two weeks at the Sheriff's Office that I currently work for and health care is about $175.00 every two weeks. Is BPD similar to this? How much is the average health care cost for medical bi-weekly for family of 3? ( Husband, Wife, Daughter)
                                Last edited by tj696; 03-03-2009, 02:55 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6349 users online. 212 members and 6137 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X