Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baltimore City Police Department Q&A

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by hopefull05 View Post
    Hello all, I am new to the forum but have been following the threads for quite some time. I recently was denied acceptance with the MdTAP after passing all steps of the process, I was told my information went to a selection committee and I was not chosen. With BPD I have completed the background interview and I am waiting to hear from a BI to start my investigation. I wanted to know that in comparison to other agencies in Maryland how does Baltimore City compare in the standards they set for applicants. I was told my background qualified for MPTC standards but I obviously wasnt good enough for the MdTAP. Am I just as likely to be turned down from BPD or do I have a shot?
    If you are set on MdTAP, why not continue? Just because you weren't selected doesn't mean you aren't qualified or "good enough". It just means other people were better qualified. Keep trying.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by hopefull05 View Post
      Hello all, I am new to the forum but have been following the threads for quite some time. I recently was denied acceptance with the MdTAP after passing all steps of the process, I was told my information went to a selection committee and I was not chosen. With BPD I have completed the background interview and I am waiting to hear from a BI to start my investigation. I wanted to know that in comparison to other agencies in Maryland how does Baltimore City compare in the standards they set for applicants. I was told my background qualified for MPTC standards but I obviously wasnt good enough for the MdTAP. Am I just as likely to be turned down from BPD or do I have a shot?
      same thing happened with me and MdTA. you have to realize that MdTA and BPD are 2 very different animals. MdTA usually only hires around 20 people every 6 months. BPD (not counting this year) usually hires 40 people ever 2 months. My cousin was a captain with MdTA when i went through the process and i still didnt make the final cut.

      if you pass everything with BPD, you will be hired, no question. BPD has no selection committee like other agencies.

      Comment


      • I was just wondering if anybody who took the out of state 2 day process Jan 9th and 10th heard anything back yet, because I passed everything while I was there I just havent heard anything yet.
        Baltimore City Police

        Written Test: 1/9/09-Passed
        Written PSY Test: 1/9/09-Passed
        Agility Test: 1/10/09-Passed
        Meet BI(Background Packet Submitted): 1/10/09- Passed
        Background Inv. started: 4/15/09 to 6/20/09: Passed
        Medical: 6/26/09-Passed
        PSY Interview: 7/7/09-Passed
        Polygraph: 8/7/09-Passed
        Final processing: 8/24/09-Passed
        HIRED: 9/1/09

        Comment


        • Thanks jvegas that helps out alot..... And to anwser your question ZachE84, I am not "set" on just MdTAP I am set in a career in LE in general, I put out applications to several agencies. I was also told by a Srgt. in recruiting that you cannot re-apply with the MdTAP until a year later and even then it wouldnt be any easier since I am already in their system as being previously not selected.

          Comment


          • Thanks Tee Elle. We've heard from several instructors that it can be fun and, as you well know, the other instructors tell you how fast you can lose a fight or be killed - not that they're wrong. I'm sure every POT starts wondering about how their classmates will do and who will perform at what level. Watching it all unfold will be one aspect of the BPD adventure. We were given tourist site info gathering assignments but I got Fox Trot unit. Cool!!!! A unit flew over us as we were running one afternoon and gave us a horn. He might have been shooting a video, too. We're a good looking class!!!

            Comment


            • To those hopefuls wondering if there's hiring freeze, one of my reference just got a contact, so I guess some of that 1+ billion dollar city funding got to the department! Hope to see you guys at the academy!

              Comment


              • PaulPo, How long ago did you go in for the background interview?

                Comment


                • PaulPo, How long ago did you go in for the background interview?

                  Comment


                  • When you go for the background interview, has the investigator already finished or at least started the background? Or is this the beginning of the background investigation? I'm just a little confused as to how it works.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by DRSJCP View Post
                      Thanks Tee Elle. We've heard from several instructors that it can be fun and, as you well know, the other instructors tell you how fast you can lose a fight or be killed - not that they're wrong. I'm sure every POT starts wondering about how their classmates will do and who will perform at what level. Watching it all unfold will be one aspect of the BPD adventure. We were given tourist site info gathering assignments but I got Fox Trot unit. Cool!!!! A unit flew over us as we were running one afternoon and gave us a horn. He might have been shooting a video, too. We're a good looking class!!!

                      That's the thing about this job...you just never know. Anything can happen at any time. That's what makes it fun though, even when the hair is standing up on the back of your neck...

                      If you're lucky you might get to take a ride in Fox Trot one day

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by wheels64 View Post
                        When you go for the background interview, has the investigator already finished or at least started the background? Or is this the beginning of the background investigation? I'm just a little confused as to how it works.
                        I seen that your scheduled for an interview March 5th I was just wondering when did you take the written test, because I'm curious on when they might contact me since I passed everything while I was there and my background is clean.
                        Baltimore City Police

                        Written Test: 1/9/09-Passed
                        Written PSY Test: 1/9/09-Passed
                        Agility Test: 1/10/09-Passed
                        Meet BI(Background Packet Submitted): 1/10/09- Passed
                        Background Inv. started: 4/15/09 to 6/20/09: Passed
                        Medical: 6/26/09-Passed
                        PSY Interview: 7/7/09-Passed
                        Polygraph: 8/7/09-Passed
                        Final processing: 8/24/09-Passed
                        HIRED: 9/1/09

                        Comment


                        • Wheels64, I went in for my background interview about a month ago and from what I have heard, I wont know that my investigation has started until one of my references lets me know they have been contacted. So to anwser your question, when you go in for your interview it will be the very beginning.... This may sound strange but I have a feeling I took the psych test (where you have to draw a person) the same time as you. If your a good artist then your probably who I am thinking of.

                          Comment


                          • Well I used to be in AP Art, but the drawing I did sucked by my standards haha. How long did you wait before they called you?? I had to call them before they scheduled my interview. I'm hoping there's enough to time to get hired before 09-02 class. I don't even know when it's supposed to start.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by jvegas View Post
                              hes not in the academy, i think he wanted to trade spots with someone that is.
                              Ooppss

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by B-More Dawg View Post
                                We usually just hit the bars. Which is great training for when we hit the streets and the shift change parties in the parking lot. ....oops, sorry, that is no longer allowed.
                                I remember the ole Westco parking lot by the ED. Plenty of fun times there, heck even the Court Commissioners came over when they were located at the districts.

                                What do you mean its no longer allowed??? That aint right. Although Tex Mex was fun the other night!

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5320 users online. 236 members and 5084 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X