Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baltimore City Police Department Q&A

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hey gents, thanks for the input. I just got home from the expedited event in bmore this weekend. I took the agility test on Saturday and I took the written psych today and handed in all my documents. Officer told me I was pretty squared away. Im just worried because I tried weed and spice before serving in the military. I tried weed at 16 and spice at 19. I'm 25 now and since then I served in the military and kept my nose clean. What do you guys think? Will I get rejected?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Semper Fi 88 View Post
      Hey gents, thanks for the input. I just got home from the expedited event in bmore this weekend. I took the agility test on Saturday and I took the written psych today and handed in all my documents. Officer told me I was pretty squared away. Im just worried because I tried weed and spice before serving in the military. I tried weed at 16 and spice at 19. I'm 25 now and since then I served in the military and kept my nose clean. What do you guys think? Will I get rejected?
      it depends.. I believe normally theres a certain amount of time must past (weed I believe is 36 months) someone more experienced would be able to better tell you
      .

      Question Semper, what time did you guys officially start the expedited event, I know it says 8, but did it start at 8? were you guys waiting outside or something until that time? How many people would you estimate were there for the expedited event? what time did you guys end on day 1, and on day 2. (was day 2 longer or shorter?) what time did you guys end? thanks! I'm going to be going down on the 18th

      Comment


      • you wait outside for a little while until they call you in. there was 100 something that started in my event i think about 80 or something passed everything. you stay until around 4ish the first day. then the second day it just depends how long it takes u to answer 1000 questions LOL

        Originally posted by Mavrick View Post
        it depends.. I believe normally theres a certain amount of time must past (weed I believe is 36 months) someone more experienced would be able to better tell you
        .

        Question Semper, what time did you guys officially start the expedited event, I know it says 8, but did it start at 8? were you guys waiting outside or something until that time? How many people would you estimate were there for the expedited event? what time did you guys end on day 1, and on day 2. (was day 2 longer or shorter?) what time did you guys end? thanks! I'm going to be going down on the 18th

        Comment


        • I did a different event. I did the agility on day 1 and day 2 I took the psychological evaluation test. I took my test back in May of 2013 that's why I was invited to that event.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Semper Fi 88 View Post
            I did a different event. I did the agility on day 1 and day 2 I took the psychological evaluation test. I took my test back in May of 2013 that's why I was invited to that event.
            Oh I see well good luck!

            Originally posted by yankees1278 View Post
            you wait outside for a little while until they call you in. there was 100 something that started in my event i think about 80 or something passed everything. you stay until around 4ish the first day. then the second day it just depends how long it takes u to answer 1000 questions LOL
            LOL awesome, thats good to know, so its literally just the written psych and then you leave? theres a 1.5 mile run yes? is this done outside? lol just wondering.

            Comment


            • Semper Fi 88...I noticed that your private messaging is turned off....would you mind sending me an email? I'm getting out of the Marine Corps as well and have a few questions for you

              [email protected]

              Comment


              • Originally posted by yankees1278 View Post
                i have my interview with my BI this week
                Good luck!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by MILITARYMP View Post
                  If you want to be a police officer in this city, make sure you are there early. The city is not hurting on people trying to get hired.
                  Absolutely true. About 3,000 people apply to become Baltimore City Police Officers each year. Of that 3,000 roughly 300 will be hired and of that number only about 250 make it all the way to graduation due to injuries, resignations and terminations. That's an attrition rate of more than 90% from start to finish.

                  Becoming a Baltimore City Police Officer is harder than many people think. The era of hiring anyone with a pulse is over - it simply costs too much in the long run due to lawsuits and attrition. There is a concerted effort being made now to bring in a higher quality trainee in an effort to turn the department around. Whether it will succeed is something that only time will tell. Two of the biggest misconceptions around are that a) anyone can get hired by BPD and b) that most BPD Officers are brutal, dishonest, incompetent and unprofessional. There was another agency in Maryland, which I won't name, that put out a recruitment video a few years ago where their recruits were interviewed in the academy and a comment was made about the lack of discipline in other agencies - a swipe at our department that the general public would miss but no BPD Officer could fail to pick up on.

                  Be on time, report to the right location, wear the correct uniform in the proper manner and bring all of your assigned equipment and you will be fine.

                  Comment


                  • Is the agility test held indoors at 3500 West Northern Parkway or is It held outside. I'm going on the 18th as well.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by CaptainK13 View Post
                      Is the agility test held indoors at 3500 West Northern Parkway or is It held outside. I'm going on the 18th as well.

                      Comment


                      • The run is outdoor

                        Comment


                        • Is the agility test held indoors at 3500 West Northern Parkway or is It held outside. I'm going on the 18th as well.

                          Comment


                          • Thanks alot. That was a repost message.

                            Comment


                            • Semper Fi have you heard of the veterans getting top preference at the department. I'm an ex marine myself with an honorable discharge. I heard vets were put above the regular applicants. So with the goods I have. A college degree, honorable discharge, federal clearance and one misdemeanor as a juvenile I would think my position is solid. Good luck

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Semper Fi 88 View Post
                                The run is outdoor
                                jesus thats going to be one cold *** run...

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6418 users online. 427 members and 5991 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X