Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baltimore City Police Department Q&A

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by MDNG1297 View Post
    Roger that!....in fact if they wanna trade places with me, I'm ready to go now!
    Enjoy your time in the Academy. Don't be in such a rush to hit the streets. You have the next 19 years and 6 months to battle the streets working weekends, holidays, etc. Enjoy the Mon - Fri.

    Comment


    • That coke bust has got to be good PR for the department!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by NightStix View Post
        Enjoy your time in the Academy. Don't be in such a rush to hit the streets. You have the next 19 years and 6 months to battle the streets working weekends, holidays, etc. Enjoy the Mon - Fri.
        hes not in the academy, i think he wanted to trade spots with someone that is.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by jvegas View Post
          hes not in the academy, i think he wanted to trade spots with someone that is.

          There you go! In a joking way I was saying..that if they are upset now I'd gladly take there spot, I really don't think @ that point they should be complaining about the shifts, or there pay! which makes one wonder.....why did they do "it" in the first place? we all know Military soldiers "down range", and Police officers really don't rec'v the pay for what they do! I absolutely meant NOTHING negative towards anyone, at all!...... "Keep your Gear tight, and your sense on HIGH alert, and you just might get to go home tonight....." learn ALL you can, It's gonna save either your life or your partners!

          Comment


          • Wheels - I thought you were going to call me!?!

            JVegas - Know anyone who likes paintballing and canoe camping? Guys like that make good friends and are hard to come by.

            The academy is a thrill all its own. I know there will be people who once they hit the streets will be complaining that they dont' get paid enough "to do this" or "put up with this" after they've been paid the same rate for the easier academy life. People are funny.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by DRSJCP View Post
              Wheels - I thought you were going to call me!?!

              JVegas - Know anyone who likes paintballing and canoe camping? Guys like that make good friends and are hard to come by.

              The academy is a thrill all its own. I know there will be people who once they hit the streets will be complaining that they dont' get paid enough "to do this" or "put up with this" after they've been paid the same rate for the easier academy life. People are funny.
              i dont really get much time/cant afford to paintball anymore. i know of someone in your class that plays pretty frequent and owns a few egos and other high end gear. hes on here, but rarely posts.

              Comment


              • I think we're talking about the same guy. We're talking about doing some fun stuff on weekends over the next few months. Trying to build that class camaraderie!!

                Comment


                • yah, hes a real good guy. as a matter of fact, hes my best man for my upcoming wedding. like minded people help the academy go by a little quicker/easier.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by DRSJCP View Post
                    I think we're talking about the same guy. We're talking about doing some fun stuff on weekends over the next few months. Trying to build that class camaraderie!!
                    We usually just hit the bars. Which is great training for when we hit the streets and the shift change parties in the parking lot. ....oops, sorry, that is no longer allowed.
                    GO CAVS!!

                    Comment


                    • I heard about those shift change parties during pre-hire!! I hear they just take place other than in the district parking lots. As a result of plenteous warnings from our advisors, our guys aren't so excited about going out to bars - maybe it will happen at some homes/apartments. We're still trying to get our rhythm, i.e. not getting smoked on Friday afternoons - which ruin the TGIF party spirit.

                      Comment


                      • DRSJCP... long story, I'll text you later though! I play paintball (well used to play paintball) a lot... I still have all my stuff too haha... I played on a local speedball (airball) team called Justice League. Paintball is good times!! If I'm off work and you want the company let me know and I'll join you guys.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by DRSJCP View Post
                          We're still trying to get our rhythm, i.e. not getting smoked on Friday afternoons - which ruin the TGIF party spirit.
                          WHAT!? nothing is better after a smoke session than beer.

                          Comment


                          • Well, I have to admit I run home to my family and we have 1/3 of the class that lives long distance. I know some have gone out together the past few Fridays. The fun will start soon enough.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by DRSJCP View Post
                              The academy is a thrill all its own. I know there will be people who once they hit the streets will be complaining that they dont' get paid enough "to do this" or "put up with this" after they've been paid the same rate for the easier academy life. People are funny.
                              The academy was great but once you hit the street there's no way in Hades you'd miss that.

                              Once you start kinda knowing what you're doing and if you get a good squad you mesh well with, this job is actually fun a lot of the time...

                              Comment


                              • Hello all, I am new to the forum but have been following the threads for quite some time. I recently was denied acceptance with the MdTAP after passing all steps of the process, I was told my information went to a selection committee and I was not chosen. With BPD I have completed the background interview and I am waiting to hear from a BI to start my investigation. I wanted to know that in comparison to other agencies in Maryland how does Baltimore City compare in the standards they set for applicants. I was told my background qualified for MPTC standards but I obviously wasnt good enough for the MdTAP. Am I just as likely to be turned down from BPD or do I have a shot?
                                Last edited by hopefull05; 02-26-2009, 03:56 PM.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7878 users online. 373 members and 7505 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X