300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cjd123d View Post
    I have to re-take my physical agility test since it is over six months old. Anyone showing up for the June 5th Agility Test at HQ?
    I'm in the same boat but retaking it this morning

Comment

• While I was in the academy I stayed at Mt. Washington Apartments. They are literally like .75 miles from the academy, in the real nice and quiet Jewish area. Never had any problems, place was clean, people were nice, rent was relatively inexpensive (around 950 for a 2 bedroom if I recall correctly, less for a 1 bedroom), it didn't feel like the city (its on the border of the county), and never got any hoodlums wandering through. They even provided a LE discount. A lot of other guys stayed in Timonium or Ownings Mills area as there was more to do. I just wanted a place that was quiet convenient, and Mt. Washington was it.
      Byzan
      BLUE LIVES MATTER A page for cops...

Comment

• Out of State hires looking for a place to rent, my neighbors have the following available: Nice people and you'll get to live next to yours truly. ha

Room for Rent
        In Pasadena
        $850 including utilities
        Move in July

Furnished room and private bath for rent in single family home beginning July. The room has two closets, shelving, is fully furnished, and is located in a private area of the house. The house has a pool for use during the summer and is located in a beautiful neighborhood with water privileges. Off street parking, private bath, all utilities, laundry, and extra storage included. The house is shared with a quiet military couple, a dog, and a cat. Shared common house space and yard (it is a wonderful place to be in the summer). 30 minutes to Fort Meade, 20 minutes to Annapolis, 30 minutes to Baltimore, 4 minutes to shopping center for groceries, banking, restaurants, etc. Call or email for more information or to come take a look.

Grace and Kris

[email protected]
        Last edited by jvegas; 06-03-2013, 08:59 AM.

Comment

• File being submitted for approval today

Cjd, sensing you an important PM

Comment

Last edited by magnuson25; 08-09-2018, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by EMTDude View Post
              If there are any applicants who are expecting to be in the next academy (End of this month-next month) and are interested in splitting a house/apartment with another trainee in Baltimore County please send me a PM and we'll talk.
              i tried to send you a pm but its not working email me at '[email protected]'

Comment

• Does anyone know typically how much does a single recruit with no dependants; expect to make biweekly, while in the Academy?

Comment

• The starting salary for Police Officer is 43k; for a recruit I've heard that it's 39k. Don't quote me though.

Comment

Last edited by cjd123d; 06-03-2013, 01:52 PM.

Comment

• hello im interested in splitting apartment. I should be getting a call for the june or july academy.

Comment

If there are any applicants who are expecting to be in the next academy (End of this month-next month) and are interested in splitting a house/apartment with another trainee in Baltimore County please send me a PM and we'll talk.
                        hello im interested in splitting apartment. I should be getting a call for the june, or ,july academy.

Comment

Last edited by triniboy05; 07-02-2018, 06:47 PM.
                          God never promised that it would be easy, just that he would be there with you every step of the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by triniboy05 View Post
                            Depending on whether or not you have benefits being taken out, expect around $1,150 to $1,250 every 2 weeks.
                            Isn't that number low?

Comment

Isn't that number low?
                              No, if anything it's optimistic.

Take home pay depends largely on what health care plan you choose and whether or not your plan covers family as well. When you factor in taxes, the pension deduction, health care and FOP dues you'll be looking at about $1,050 every two weeks.

Fortunately, you can make up for the hit by working overtime, which is readily available due to manpower shortages in patrol.

Comment

Last edited by triniboy05; 07-02-2018, 06:47 PM.
                                God never promised that it would be easy, just that he would be there with you every step of the way.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17309 users online. 491 members and 16818 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X