Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we were told at the agility that 3 years is the usual time before getting into a Specialized unit. we were also told that the PT in the academy is much harder, lots of running. if you have a 4year degree you start as an Agent and get something like 3g's/yr more. one thing is for sure, with 215 homicides (probably 216 tomorrow), there will never be a dull moment and always be a demand for more homicide investigators.

Comment

so even if you have drug usage at 2 years ago there aren't any exceptions that any md department can have for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Arewethereyet View Post
        so even if you have drug usage at 2 years ago there aren't any exceptions that any md department can have for you?

not sure, but i think the cut off is at 2 years, so you may be ok. call a recruiter and check. worst case, they tell you 3 years and you have to wait.

Comment

Originally posted by jvegas View Post
          not sure, but i think the cut off is at 2 years, so you may be ok. call a recruiter and check. worst case, they tell you 3 years and you have to wait.

NOPE! i tried calling and they said i had to drive all the way to baltimore to their office and talk to them in person to find out what their drug policy is.

Comment

search through the posts in this section and you will find the guidelines that ALL LE agencies in Md have to adhere to.

Comment

Originally posted by zrex View Post
              How much harder do the physical tests get in the academy?
              Anyone have any insight into their academy? I'm sure you get stuck in patrol first, but do you have any say over which district you get put in? I've heard from another thread that getting into specialized units is fairly easy and fast since they lose a lot of people. Any truth to this? Thanks in advance.
              Acadeny is easy assuming you are in decent shape.

They tell you can give your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choices for districts....then they throw that out and send you at random to where ever they want to put you. I have seen almost entire classes go to one or two districts. (it really doesn't matter because NO district is easy anymore.)

Getting out of patrol isn't really "easy" but easier than most places. First, you have to figure out where you want to go. Ex. SWAT - you have to qualify and score high enough on tests and you need in general 5 or more years. Drugs - Usually show yourself proactive officer in patrol then start in district operations. Could take a year or less. Or it may never happen. Alot factors to consider.
              GO CAVS!!

Comment

Thanks B-More, appreciate the information.

Comment

BDAWG - maybe I have missed this already but can you tell us alittle about yourself.........how long you have been with BPD, what district or position you work...etc........Any info I can get from a BPD officer is greatly appreciated
                  THANKS

Comment

Originally posted by tjramsey2005 View Post
                    BDAWG - maybe I have missed this already but can you tell us alittle about yourself.........how long you have been with BPD, what district or position you work...etc........Any info I can get from a BPD officer is greatly appreciated
                    THANKS

Check your PMs. I will say I work for the city and I am a detective. Beyond that, it is Top Secret
                    GO CAVS!!

Comment

Thanks For the Info BDAWG

Comment

for those interested.

today was the written psych portion.

arrived at 830am and left at 230pm. you do the math.

started by filling out some paperwork. there are 2 psych tests. one is about 500 questions and the second is 310questions. i will say that the 310 booklet is the same exact test that MdTA uses. There are 2 additional tasks as part of the test also, but i wont divulge that on here. in the middle of the test we (me and 1 other) were sent to the 2nd floor for fingerprinting and then to Mercy Hospital for drug testing. sat at mercy for about 2 hours. then it was back to HQ to finish the psych.

im not complaning about the time, but want to give a heads up. plan your day accordingly.

Comment

jvegas- so I take it that you are taking the 4 express testing for BPD? I would really like to more and be updated through the whole things
                          Thanks
                          T

Comment

Originally posted by tjramsey2005 View Post
                            jvegas- so I take it that you are taking the 4 express testing for BPD? I would really like to more and be updated through the whole things
                            Thanks
                            T
                            negative, i am doing the "normal" process. i will continue to post as i go through the steps.

Comment

Just wanted to say this is a great thread, very informative. I actually went to take the test about a year ago and got booted becaused i got pinched for a dui in 2004 even though it was expunged. I would love to try again but apparently they are pretty strict on the five years for any dui arrest. It suprised me because judging from the people that went in to test that day, the caliber of applicant is very low and you would think they would want to snatch up someone with a four year and legal experience but oh well. I will try again next year (or the following, darn math). I would just like to say that as informative as this thread is, you guys in the applicant process already might want to watch saying too much about the process. I know in PA if you get caught talking about particulars they will either make your life hell in academy or you can actually get booted from the process. If a question needs to be answered you might wanna leave it to the guys already on the job. just a suggestion

Comment

the information that i posted isnt secretive, IMO. i left out the important details that someone could use to bypass certain results. you are correct, though, its not wise to divulge sensitive material.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10703 users online. 467 members and 10236 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X