Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the class that just started, tell the "smart" one, GOOD JOB on that phone call!!!

Comment

• Hey, I'm still in - just couldn't lift my body off the floor until tonight.

Word does travel fast!!!!

Phone call?!?!? Even I won't comment on that!! Kinda eerie who knows what and how fast.

I do believe life is easier if you are in shape before the academy. I made above 60% on the PAT - no remedial for me!!!!! I'd rather be home with my family.

Thanks again to those who have gone before us!!!!

Comment

• Just keep pushing on buddy... 6 months is all that separates you from your goal of being a police officer!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by NightStix View Post
          For the class that just started, tell the "smart" one, GOOD JOB on that phone call!!!
          funny, i heard the exact same thing. dont worry, cats, every class has had that person in it. theres what, 3 people in the class with family in the BPD? shouldnt be hard to figure out who the whistle blower is.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
            funny, i heard the exact same thing. dont worry, cats, every class has had that person in it. theres what, 3 people in the class with family in the BPD? shouldnt be hard to figure out who the whistle blower is.
            This individual- if they actually exist, is out of their mind.

Comment

• keep on trucking "New class", "nothing to it, but to do it"........Question: once the BI has turned over your file, can anyone share some info on how long it took before you finally got "THE CALL", of course I am not implying I'm getting anything, just curious as to a time frame, if there is such a thing! LOL have you guys done the "20 count body builders"? or does the BPD not do such! That's not the 1 you want.......... 20 pushups....than 20 sit ups.....than 20 side-straddle hops (jumping jacks).......THAN 19.....THAN 18 get the picture! they will blow you up quick!

Comment

• Originally posted by MDboy View Post
                was told today there is a hiring freeze on police cadets so im now applying for bmore county cadet program because they are having testing in march. Thank You all for the info. This thread has been extremely helpful to me
                Sooooooo......should I bother going for the out of state process later this month?

Comment

• Originally posted by stuckinmud15 View Post
                  Sooooooo......should I bother going for the out of state process later this month?
                  Cadets are not trainees. Cadets are under 21 who are usually working clerical positions within department waiting to become trainees. If you are applying to be a police officer trainee, then the hiring freeze doesn't effect you.
                  GO CAVS!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MDNG1297 View Post
                    have you guys done the "20 count body builders"? or does the BPD not do such! That's not the 1 you want.......... 20 pushups....than 20 sit ups.....than 20 side-straddle hops (jumping jacks).......THAN 19.....THAN 18 get the picture! they will blow you up quick!
                    bpd does 8 count body builders which is squat down, legs out to pushup position, open legs, close legs, down, up, back to position 1 and finally stand. they also do pyramids, which is more similar to what you are talking about.

Comment

• I just received a phone call today to come for a "background interview". Can anyone please advise me on what to expect at the interview.

Also, can anyone guess how long the process will take after the first initial interview?

thanks guys

Comment

• Originally posted by TKBCP View Post
                        I just received a phone call today to come for a "background interview". Can anyone please advise me on what to expect at the interview.

Also, can anyone guess how long the process will take after the first initial interview?

thanks guys
                        Piece of cake! basic stuff, go over everything you submitted, than fill out an answer explanation sheet! OH don't you dare forget to wear a tie! good luck!

Comment

• Its only gonna get worse for them now

Originally posted by NightStix View Post
                          For the class that just started, tell the "smart" one, GOOD JOB on that phone call!!!
                          "Sometimes there is Justice and sometimes there is Just Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by B-More Dawg View Post
                            Cadets are not trainees. Cadets are under 21 who are usually working clerical positions within department waiting to become trainees. If you are applying to be a police officer trainee, then the hiring freeze doesn't effect you.
                            Nice, got kinda scared there for a minute

Comment

• Originally posted by MDNG1297 View Post
                              Piece of cake! basic stuff, go over everything you submitted, than fill out an answer explanation sheet! OH don't you dare forget to wear a tie! good luck!
                              Thank you MDNG. Do you have any idea how long the process will be from here onwards?

I read somewhere on this tread that it generally takes about 3 wks or so from when they call you in the first interview.

Also, has the background investigation begun or does it start after my first meeting with the BI?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by TKBCP View Post
                                Thank you MDNG. Do you have any idea how long the process will be from here onwards?

I read somewhere on this tread that it generally takes about 3 wks or so from when they call you in the first interview.

Also, has the background investigation begun or does it start after my first meeting with the BI?

Thanks
                                I can will only speak from personal experience. I was about 3 weeks, (and I might add I had the Holidays in the middle, I did my Psych, Xmas-eve!) To my knowledge your "BI process" has already started! BE PATIENT, is my advice to you, and good luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8054 users online. 407 members and 7647 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X