300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GentleGiant View Post
    So, I'm planning on using up some vacation days at work, and heading out east to visit a few agencies that I am considering putting in with. While out there (probably 3rd week of March), I want to do a ride-along at BPD (amongst other departments).

Given that I cannot find any "centralized" phone number, rather just the individual patrol districts, is there one that you guys would recommend calling to see about the ride-along?

In selecting a district, I want to see an "average" day-in-the-life of a BPD cop, so to speak. Any suggestions?
    I received a call today to inform me the processing scheduled for February 13th and 14th have been moved to February 20th and 21st. I live in PA and will be making the hour trek to complete the process over the weekend. I was not given much information(I did ask and was told a test on Friday, agility on Saturday) about what we will be doing over the weekend so if anyone knows, I would appreciate the insight.

Comment

• Hey Guys,
      I was wondering if anyone on here has heard anything about a start date for the next academy?

Comment

• Originally posted by KindofBlue View Post
        I received a call today to inform me the processing scheduled for February 13th and 14th have been moved to February 20th and 21st. I live in PA and will be making the hour trek to complete the process over the weekend. I was not given much information(I did ask and was told a test on Friday, agility on Saturday) about what we will be doing over the weekend so if anyone knows, I would appreciate the insight.
        I got the same call today. I know just as much as you stated. I'm coming from the Lancaster PA area.

Comment

• Originally posted by bldawg View Post
          Thanks a lot! Will contact the recruiter and see if I can make that processing date. Did you already pick a hotel in the area?
          We have one picked out but have not reserved it yet. I should probably reserve soon as that is valentine's weekend. Good luck with everything if you decide to go down as well!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kashihara View Post
            Second day today for the new class...I can only bring myself to say this

.......ouch.

You've made it through the worst of it!

Comment

• i heard 3 quit already, better not be anyone from here.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
                i heard 3 quit already, better not be anyone from here.
                Haha, how the heck do you know that already?! Those from o.com that are in the class are familiar with eachother and I'm certain its not one of us, although my arms wanna quit just about now. Soldier on people!

Comment

Haha, how the heck do you know that already?! Those from o.com that are in the class are familiar with eachother and I'm certain its not one of us, although my arms wanna quit just about now. Soldier on people!
                  Home and posting by 5pm....it cant be all that bad then....

Comment

• JVegas... Do you EVER remember returning home by 5 pm for the first umm.. 2 months.. I remember staying late.. Fairly late almost daily for the first few months.. And then after that it was hit or miss if we'd get off on time until the very end haha.. No fair.. Hope all is doing well.

Comment

• if we were out by 4:30 we were lucky. how many times were we there till 5? their smoke sessions are nothin compared to ours. they are already in the classrooms.

kashihara, word gets around quick in the BPD.

Comment

I'm in your class and I have no idea who you are, lol

PM me bro

Comment

• Originally posted by HonestFool03 View Post
                          I'm in your class and I have no idea who you are, lol

PM me bro
                          Ahhhh, team unity is a beautiful thing... lol just kidding... hows everyone doing in the class??? I wish I could be there with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by KindofBlue View Post
                            Blah I got the same call. Now the two people that were supposed to embark on the 7 hr trip with me might not be able to make it. I was told that there is a psych test as well on sat, along with the pt test. I don't have much info beyond that though.

To those who have already taken the written test: how hard is it? I have taken a handful of tests for various agencies and usually have no problem scoring well. Some were harder than others. Just trying to get an idea of what I'm in for here.

Comment

• Not hard at all, just 25 questions. It's pretty much common sense. Only thing some people have problems with is memorization.

Comment

• was told today there is a hiring freeze on police cadets so im now applying for bmore county cadet program because they are having testing in march. Thank You all for the info. This thread has been extremely helpful to me

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7330 users online. 255 members and 7075 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X