Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seems like everyone from the august 2 day event is getting their call back already. im still waiting on some type of notice and i went to the july 2 day event. I called and they said I had not been assigned a background investigator. How do they choose who gets assigned background investigators first?
    Baltimore Police Dept.

Written Exam - 7/22
    Physical Agility - 7/22
    WrittenPsychological - 7/23
    Background Interview - ?
    Polygraph - ?
    Psychological - ?
    Physical - ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Iwelch View Post
      seems like everyone from the august 2 day event is getting their call back already. im still waiting on some type of notice and i went to the july 2 day event. I called and they said I had not been assigned a background investigator. How do they choose who gets assigned background investigators first?
      Try and speak with a sargeant or luitenant of personel maybe you will find out more information.
      NYPD.

Comment

seems like everyone from the august 2 day event is getting their call back already. im still waiting on some type of notice and i went to the july 2 day event. I called and they said I had not been assigned a background investigator. How do they choose who gets assigned background investigators first?
        The selection process is not made public to the applicants. Whether there's an internal scorecard based on our application/written test/Psych/Initial interview, or if the process is completely random, we'll never know. Stay focused and you'll get a call soon enough.
        Serving since 2013

Comment

Don't sweat it man. You will drive yourself crazy, trust me I know. I keep looking at my phone and emails every second and that's not gonna make it happen any faster. Just be patient, continue working out and you will be fine. Go to a district and request a ride-along in the meantime. Im going on one Friday.
          BCPD
          Written Test- Passed
          Agility Test 8/11- Passed
          Written Psychological Exam- Done
          Background Interview- N/A
          Polygraph/ Medical Exam- N/A
          Background Investigation- N/A
          HIRE DATE- N/A

MTA Police
          Written Exam- Passed
          Agility Test- ???

Comment

• Originally posted by NYPD.AUX View Post
            Finished the BI interview and passed the polygraph. Tommowrow its the medical and then psych and by the way 175 candidates have been hired so far as of today for the people that have been asking for already hired #'s. Good luck to everyone else.
            Nice!!! Only 175??? THERE'S STILL HOPE!!! LOL
            BCPD
            Written Test- Passed
            HIRE DATE- N/A

MTA Police
            Written Exam- Passed
            Agility Test- ???

Comment

• Originally posted by LEOhopeful81 View Post
              Good job! I got the call today for background/poly and psych/med for 10/9 and 10/10
              Glad to hear buddy!!! Good to see progress for folk!!!
              BCPD
              Written Test- Passed
              HIRE DATE- N/A

MTA Police
              Written Exam- Passed
              Agility Test- ???

Comment

• is it typical to do the poly on the same day as the Background interview? I'm scheduled for the interview on the 10th but the investigator didn't mention the poly. That or i just didn't catch him mentioning it when he called me. I was at the gym, could barely hear him and I was really flustered trying to write everything down on a business card in the locker room... Or maybe it's because you're from out of town?

Comment

• Hi everyone,

Would anyone know what the medial eye exam requirements are?

Thanks.
                  "At his best, man is the noblest of all animals; separated from law and justice he is the worst."
                  -Aristotle

Comment

• Originally posted by Geebus View Post
                    is it typical to do the poly on the same day as the Background interview? I'm scheduled for the interview on the 10th but the investigator didn't mention the poly. That or i just didn't catch him mentioning it when he called me. I was at the gym, could barely hear him and I was really flustered trying to write everything down on a business card in the locker room... Or maybe it's because you're from out of town?
                    It's most likely for out-of-state applicants. During my communications with BPD recruitment, they advised that every attempt will be made to schedule the appointments as close together as possible to minimize traveling, but there was no guarantee. I was very fortunate to get the events scheduled for 2 consecutive days.
                    Serving since 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by LEOhopeful81 View Post
                      It's most likely for out-of-state applicants. During my communications with BPD recruitment, they advised that every attempt will be made to schedule the appointments as close together as possible to minimize traveling, but there was no guarantee. I was very fortunate to get the events scheduled for 2 consecutive days.
                      Darn. It would be nice to kill two birds with one stone but being a local boy makes it difficult it seems.

Comment

• Also, Leo I took the first part of the 2 day event with you. How did you find out what your written score was?

Comment

• Originally posted by Geebus View Post
                          Also, Leo I took the first part of the 2 day event with you. How did you find out what your written score was?
                          When I was having the initial interview, I saw it written on the outside of the folder.
                          Serving since 2013

Comment

• Sneaky... Lol

Comment

• Quick question... I downloaded the Recruitment Job Application packet and noticed it's only 13 pages except for any additional information pages you have to add, is there a longer packet to fill out?

Most of the PD apps I've encountered range from 30-40 pages. Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawseeker View Post
                                Quick question... I downloaded the Recruitment Job Application packet and noticed it's only 13 pages except for any additional information pages you have to add, is there a longer packet to fill out?

Most of the PD apps I've encountered range from 30-40 pages. Thank you.
                                That's it for the application. BPD will have you fill out additional paperwork at different steps in the process.
                                Serving since 2013

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14975 users online. 263 members and 14712 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X