Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baltimore City Police Department Q&A

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by dcuffie View Post
    I see what you mean. Thanks buddy....
    No problem. Let's hope they have at least two more this year.

    Comment


    • For anyone who was hired, how much is your credit history a factor? My credit isnt bad but its not spotless, you know? Things happen, which is life, but its taken care of. Do the BI really look as that as a yeah or nah for a applicant?
      BCPD
      Written Test- Passed
      Agility Test 8/11- Passed
      Written Psychological Exam- Done
      Background Interview- N/A
      Polygraph/ Medical Exam- N/A
      Background Investigation- N/A
      HIRE DATE- N/A

      MTA Police
      Written Exam- Passed
      Agility Test- ???

      Comment


      • Originally posted by dcuffie View Post
        For anyone who was hired, how much is your credit history a factor? My credit isnt bad but its not spotless, you know? Things happen, which is life, but its taken care of. Do the BI really look as that as a yeah or nah for a applicant?
        It's definitely a factor. They specifically ask if you are current with all your bills when you turn your app in along with requesting a copy of the credit report. Financial responsibility is very important. I would say that if there are any current concerns, be ready to explain them and advise of your plans to address them.
        Last edited by LEOhopeful81; 08-28-2012, 02:45 PM.
        Serving since 2013

        Comment


        • Originally posted by LEOhopeful81 View Post
          It's definitely a factor. They specifically ask if you are current with all your bills when you turn your app in along with requesting a copy of the credit report. Financial responsibility is very important.
          I hear you but I feel the applicant whole life and background should be weighed I guess. Bad credit doenst mean the person will automatically be a corrupt officer, you know?
          BCPD
          Written Test- Passed
          Agility Test 8/11- Passed
          Written Psychological Exam- Done
          Background Interview- N/A
          Polygraph/ Medical Exam- N/A
          Background Investigation- N/A
          HIRE DATE- N/A

          MTA Police
          Written Exam- Passed
          Agility Test- ???

          Comment


          • Originally posted by NYPD.AUX View Post
            Oo trust me ever since i completed my process with NYPD i take everything with a grain of salt. I was suppose to be in the july academy for nypd but a last minute issue came up and that held me over for the next class. (No more leaving all my eggs in one basket.)
            I know what you mean. the city of New York unfortunately has a very odd way of doing things. I was told by my investigator in the NYCDOC for over a YEAR that I was great for the next academy. i had points on my license and specifically asked "should i get a defensive driving course" anything at all?? no no no no ... Im thinking...a Class goes in im golden. all the steps passed; psych written and oral, medical, agility, fire safety DONE. my BACKROUND was even signed off on as qualified by my investigator. last minute commishes office looed at my file and said my driving record has too many points and I have to wait for my abstract to show improvement.

            "oh and when he gets around to it tell him he should also take a defensive driving course"
            .
            Im now processing for NY STATE corrections and its a pleasure to talk to the people there. they are so helpful and URGE you to call back and ask questions. Although NYC is a great city to work in the high number of candidates makes it harder for you to stand out for the better and easier to stand out for the worse...and getting a simple question answered is like as if you were trying to get in touch with the president himself.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by JOEQUEENSNY View Post
              I know what you mean. the city of New York unfortunately has a very odd way of doing things. I was told by my investigator in the NYCDOC for over a YEAR that I was great for the next academy. i had points on my license and specifically asked "should i get a defensive driving course" anything at all?? no no no no ... Im thinking...a Class goes in im golden. all the steps passed; psych written and oral, medical, agility, fire safety DONE. my BACKROUND was even signed off on as qualified by my investigator. last minute commishes office looed at my file and said my driving record has too many points and I have to wait for my abstract to show improvement.

              "oh and when he gets around to it tell him he should also take a defensive driving course"
              .
              Im now processing for NY STATE corrections and its a pleasure to talk to the people there. they are so helpful and URGE you to call back and ask questions. Although NYC is a great city to work in the high number of candidates makes it harder for you to stand out for the better and easier to stand out for the worse...and getting a simple question answered is like as if you were trying to get in touch with the president himself.
              Trust me i know what you mean brother. My investigator for NYPD barely picks up the phone and when she does its seems as if everything bothers her. She said i would be golden for this JULY and that her Sargent would sign off on my file so i could be called. Next thing you know her Sargent did not sign my file. 3+ years of waiting, volunteering my time to the department as an auxiliary which i love doing, and then that backstab of promising the call and not getting it.
              NYPD.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by dcuffie View Post
                Sorry to hear about that bro. We would be happy with ya here in Bmore!!! lol
                I cant wait to pack my bags and head down there to finally start my career.
                NYPD.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by NYPD.AUX View Post
                  Trust me i know what you mean brother. My investigator for NYPD barely picks up the phone and when she does its seems as if everything bothers her. She said i would be golden for this JULY and that her Sargent would sign off on my file so i could be called. Next thing you know her Sargent did not sign my file. 3+ years of waiting, volunteering my time to the department as an auxiliary which i love doing, and then that backstab of promising the call and not getting it.
                  thats terrible man and I can relate to that let down ... like a rollercoaster.

                  how has your experience been dealing with your investigators in other departments? BCPD for example?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by JOEQUEENSNY View Post
                    thats terrible man and I can relate to that let down ... like a rollercoaster.

                    how has your experience been dealing with your investigators in other departments? BCPD for example?
                    I haven't spoken to my investigator yet, currently waiting to be contacted to finish the last steps. Although on those two days, the process did feel a lot more comfortable then all the steps i had with NYPD that i do guarantee. Im not sure if it was you who asked about the grilling but yes in NYPD they do that a lot but while i was down here the Officers seemed helpful, truthful, and down to earth with no run arounds which NY seems to do A LOT.
                    NYPD.

                    Comment


                    • Good luck to those in the sept class, its long but stick with it!
                      Always learning. Forever changing!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by NYPD.AUX View Post
                        To tell you the truth im pretty dissapointed with them especially the fact that i have 3 years volunteerimg with them, i felt as if they backstabbed me with my spot so im up for the change and ready to move down there when i get the call.
                        Dang man i would feel the same way!, but what my dad has told me and what i’ve heard many times, in the NYPD “You’re just another Number”.
                        NYC Corrections Exam: 2322
                        Academy: March 2015 (Got the call!!) NYCDOC

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by republicangopmh View Post
                          Dang man i would feel the same way!, but what my dad has told me and what i’ve heard many times, in the NYPD “You’re just another Number”.
                          You got that one right bro. Your nothing but a number which can be replaced by 15,000 more applicants waiting online to take that spot, that's the NYPD way.
                          NYPD.

                          Comment


                          • ...........
                            Last edited by Leohopefull90; 08-29-2012, 04:44 AM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Leohopefull90 View Post
                              ......sorry to disappoint you fellas but your no different in BPD. Take it from a new Yorker, whose currently OTJ with Bpd and waited on NYPD forever. If I could go back and been more patient instead and wait it out , it might have been more worth it. No the cost of living IS not that much lower here. Top pay is $60,000 after 20 years.
                              Not to sound like an @ss but there are actually promotions if you decide to make a career out of law enforcment maybe its not as much as other states but in the end you as an individual will have to make that choice of where you want to make a career. I really dont mind starting off @43thousand a year because come that third year im going to be pushing for sargent and after 2 liutenant and reach as far as i can. If you join law enforcement for the money you will never feel satisfied with your pay and that may bring up issues in the future.
                              NYPD.

                              Comment


                              • Our top pay is $70,000 for officer

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 11880 users online. 444 members and 11436 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X