300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NYPD.AUX View Post
    The Recruitment officers stated that once you pass everything and your file is signed off you will be hired. If your background is clean and you don't have much, he said there is a possibility some August people will get hired for the October Academy, if not there is one towards the end of December. I'm hoping i get the October Academy, not much to look at on my background.
    if you only have 1 more set of steps...seems like it could really happen for you! sounds exciting. goodluck. as far as relocating what are your plans for that? i know there is no residency requirement...BMore is a ways from the city. the rent is SO MUCH cheaper for a lot better apts too might I add.

Comment

• Originally posted by JOEQUEENSNY View Post
      if you only have 1 more set of steps...seems like it could really happen for you! sounds exciting. goodluck. as far as relocating what are your plans for that? i know there is no residency requirement...BMore is a ways from the city. the rent is SO MUCH cheaper for a lot better apts too might I add.
      It would be a little easier for me because my wife has family out in D.C which is only an hour away from Baltimore. I would try something in the middle of D.C and Baltimore to make it easier for my wife.
      NYPD.

Comment

• Are there any questions on the written exam that involve math like solveing equations and such?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr14621 View Post
          Are there any questions on the written exam that involve math like solveing equations and such?
          Logical Reasoning, no math.
          NYPD.

Comment

• Anyone on here took the agility test on the 11th and heard back for the next steps???
            BCPD
            Written Test- Passed
            Agility Test 8/11- Passed
            Written Psychological Exam- Done
            Background Interview- N/A
            Polygraph/ Medical Exam- N/A
            Background Investigation- N/A
            HIRE DATE- N/A

MTA Police
            Written Exam- Passed
            Agility Test- ???

Comment

• unfortunately for me Im going to have to hope that BCPD does another Expedited process next month...september 23rd and 24th is no good for me. if i have to individualize the steps its going to suck coming from the city.
              Last edited by JOEQUEENSNY; 08-26-2012, 12:44 AM.

Comment

• Cool story, bro. Jk. Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ahmawad07 View Post
                  3-6 to months to the next phase or the whole process ? I started my process in August and I for one and very excited about this opportunity to serve.
                  3-6 for the whole process. some take longer, though.

Comment

• I was recently in town for a Ravens Preseason game (great crab cakes) and you guys have your work cut out for you. Three blocks out from the stadium there was ALOT of panhandling beggeing. it felt like a warp back to the seventies. You guys were everywhere- very strong presence and controlled. I would definitely be back for a seasonal game. oh yeah great crab cakes

Comment

• I was recently in town for a Ravens Preseason game (great crab cakes) and you guys have your work cut out for you. Three blocks out from the stadium there was ALOT of panhandling beggeing. it felt like a warp back to the seventies. You guys were everywhere- very strong presence and controlled. I would definitely be back for a seasonal game. oh yeah great crab cakes

Comment

• Originally posted by ret2991 View Post
                        I was recently in town for a Ravens Preseason game (great crab cakes) and you guys have your work cut out for you. Three blocks out from the stadium there was ALOT of panhandling beggeing. it felt like a warp back to the seventies. You guys were everywhere- very strong presence and controlled. I would definitely be back for a seasonal game. oh yeah great crab cakes
                        I was reading online that balimore is one of the worst areas for a cop to work in the US.

Friend of mine is a LEO out in Harrisburg PA and said some of his coworkers that used to work for the department said its a warzone.

Apparently a lot of hatred for police out there.

I respect you guys that are out there everyday making a living.

Comment

I was reading online that balimore is one of the worst areas for a cop to work in the US.

Friend of mine is a LEO out in Harrisburg PA and said some of his coworkers that used to work for the department said its a warzone.

Every department has its goods and its bads. You can always transfer after 2 years of service.
                          NYPD.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYPD.AUX View Post
                            Every department has its goods and its bads. You can always transfer after 2 years of service.
                            yea i was just mentioning it. either way its a great job with an excellent pension. Id take it. the only thing that would come in to play for me would be my home situation with my wife before anything...weather or not we would want to pick up and leave if the opportunity presented itself.

Comment

yea i was just mentioning it. either way its a great job with an excellent pension. Id take it. the only thing that would come in to play for me would be my home situation with my wife before anything...weather or not we would want to pick up and leave if the opportunity presented itself.
                              Yea i understand where you are coming from but if you do decide to head down there try to do the 2 day processing its so much better and you will save more money.
                              NYPD.

Comment

I lived in Baltimore all my life (29 years) Yes you have your good areas and then some areas you need friggin SWAT in....lol But you do this job knowing that. I know I could be posted in a dangerous neighborhood but who joins the police hoping they get stuck in "Pleasantville" ? You wont be able to really make the impact for change if you are somewhere that's already in order. Plus lets be honest this job is exciting and very unpredictable which is why a lot of us are going for it ,you know?
                                Not trying to sound like sheriff riding into dodge here but you get the point...lol
                                BCPD
                                Written Test- Passed
                                Agility Test 8/11- Passed
                                Written Psychological Exam- Done
                                Background Interview- N/A
                                Polygraph/ Medical Exam- N/A
                                Background Investigation- N/A
                                HIRE DATE- N/A

MTA Police
                                Written Exam- Passed
                                Agility Test- ???

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5374 users online. 224 members and 5150 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X