Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I applied in July 2011 completed the written, agility, poly, psych, met with BI, did a ride along, and got stuck at Medical/Mercy. I started my physical ended it and was told to return to Mercy with follow-up from my personal physician in one week. It took me two and half week to get back to Marcy with result s from my physician and about two days after Mercy received my results, I received this letter ( in February 2012 )stating that my application had reached a stage where it was determined that I wouldn't be hired at this time. Can anyone provided any information regarding this letter and if I am allowed to reapply would I start the entire process over beginning with the written, or would I be able to continue from the physical/Mercy
    Last edited by DAJJJ; 08-21-2012, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HoldFast View Post
      Yea. There were definitely a couple of characters there this past weekend.

Good luck throughout the process y'all.
      Some people DEFINITELY needed to stop talking! The recruiters were tearing them apart. I didn't go on Monday so I'll be back to turn in my documents. I wish I could have taken care of it already but my bosses are making this difficult
      Last edited by jjbonilla1980; 08-23-2012, 05:29 PM.
      P.G.P.D.
      4-30-11 written
      4-30-11 physical agility
      5-24-11 initial interview
      6-5-11 ride- along
      6-13-11 polygraph
      6-13-11 psych
      6-14-11 oral board
      medical-tbd

Comment

• Originally posted by DAJJJ View Post
        I applied in July 2011 completed the written, agility, poly, psych, met with BI, did a ride along, and got stuck at Medical/Mercy. I started my physical ended it and was told to return to Mercy with follow-up from my personal physician in one week. It took me two and half week to get back to Marcy with result s from my physician and about two days after Mercy received my results, I received this letter ( in February 2012 )stating that my application had reached a stage where it was determined that I wouldn't be hired at this time. Can anyone provided any information regarding this letter and if I am allowed to reapply would I start the entire process over beginning with the written, or would I be able to continue from the physical/Mercy
        If you don't mind me asking. what was the issue that required a follow up from your personal physician?

Comment

• Bp was a little under 140 and a little under 90- which is way lower now. I guess maybe my age was a factor - I was 41 at the time and maybe they wanted to be sure of my health. I really don't know. However, I ran the 1.5 mile in 11mins and 30sec. I was a bit nervous and had a lot of caffeine before the physical/Mercy test. I drank much caffeine the morning to keep awake during the long drive from NY. Bad idea, I guess.

Comment

Bp was a little under 140 and a little under 90- which is way lower now. I guess maybe my age was a factor - I was 41 at the time and maybe they wanted to be sure of my health. I really don't know. However, I ran the 1.5 mile in 11mins and 30sec. I was a bit nervous and had a lot of caffeine before the physical/Mercy test. I drank much caffeine the morning to keep awake during the long drive from NY. Bad idea, I guess.
            Damn, that doesn't sound all too bad. If you haven't done so already, call their personnel department and see if they can shed some light on what happened. I know we signed all that paperwork stating BPD did not have to disclose a reason for ending our hiring process, but it's worth a shot.

Comment

• I tried that- calling and emailing and I was told that the process is to write and send a request to personnel via regular mail and state why I would like to continue. I called and email about 4 months ago. I am not sure if the method you describe is the way now to get information regarding reopening my application however, I will try and call them in the morning. Do you have the HR number that I could reach them at? Thanks

Comment

I tried that- calling and emailing and I was told that the process is to write and send a request to personnel via regular mail and state why I would like to continue. I called and email about 4 months ago. I am not sure if the method you describe is the way now to get information regarding reopening my application however, I will try and call them in the morning. Do you have the HR number that I could reach them at? Thanks
                If you've already spoken with personnel and they told you to submit a letter, I would go ahead and do that ASAP.

Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pride22 View Post
                  If you've already spoken with personnel and they told you to submit a letter, I would go ahead and do that ASAP.

Good luck.
                  I'll be sending out that letter 1st thing tomorrow morning and I'll keep you posted. Thanks for your help.

Comment

• Hey DAJJJ, I am also an older Trainee. Sounds like you had the same thing I had happen to me. I was 39 when I applied. I received the same letter. I think you were timed out because of the in activity on your physcial. Mercy only has so long to complete and return your physical, even if that requires supplemental paperwork. In addition if you are over 38 you have to have a stress test with imaging (at your cost). They may have neglected to tell you this. I received the same letter. I called my background investigator and explained the situation. My BI called mercy for me and authorized my physcial to continue. Prior to calling the BI I called mercy to see if my private medical paperwork was received. I also wrote a letter to the personnel department, explaining the situation and I received a letter stating my package was reopened. Dont ask why it was closed, Just explain the medical situation and it was resolved, and you believe this is what caused your removal from the process. Good Luck.
                    Last edited by Xtremelycz; 08-21-2012, 09:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xtremelycz View Post
                      Hey DAJJJ, I am also an older Trainee. Sounds like you had the same thing I had happen to me. I was 39 when I applied. I received the same letter. I think you were timed out because of the in activity on your physcial. Mercy only has so long to complete and return your physical, even if that requires supplemental paperwork. In addition if you are over 38 you have to have a stress test with imaging (at your cost). They may have neglected to tell you this. I received the same letter. I called my background investigator and explained the situation. My BI called mercy for me and authorized my physcial to continue. Prior to calling the BI I called mercy to see if my private medical paperwork was received. I also wrote a letter to the personnel department, explaining the situation and I received a letter stating my package was reopened. Dont ask why it was closed, Just explain the medical situation and it was resolved, and you believe this is what caused your removal from the process. Good Luck.
                      Thanks you so much. I am in the process of typing the letter for in the morning. And yes, they did neglect to inform us older applicant of this process. One week was way too short to get the results back to Mercy due to the next appointment date to see my doctor was well beyond one week. They really needed to let older applicants know what they have to do [exactly]. Come to think of it, my bi investigator who was never available did say to me that my application was closed due to medical and I did asked him to reopen it but never gotten a response due to his constant unavailability. I'll be sending the letter in the morning, thanks again for the comment.

Comment

I applied in July 2011 completed the written, agility, poly, psych, met with BI, did a ride along, and got stuck at Medical/Mercy. I started my physical ended it and was told to return to Mercy with follow-up from my personal physician in one week. It took me two and half week to get back to Marcy with result s from my physician and about two days after Mercy received my results, I received this letter ( in February 2012 )stating that my application had reached a stage where it was determined that I wouldn't be hired at this time. Can anyone provided any information regarding this letter and if I am allowed to reapply would I start the entire process over beginning with the written, or would I be able to continue from the physical/Mercy
                        I really hope you get the chance pal.
                        BCPD
                        Written Test- Passed
                        Agility Test 8/11- Passed
                        Written Psychological Exam- Done
                        Background Interview- N/A
                        Polygraph/ Medical Exam- N/A
                        Background Investigation- N/A
                        HIRE DATE- N/A

MTA Police
                        Written Exam- Passed
                        Agility Test- ???

Comment

• Originally posted by jjbonilla1980 View Post
                          Some people DEFINITELY needed to stop talking! The recruiters were tearing them apart. I didn't go on Monday so I'll be back on the 29th to turn in my documents. I wish I could have taken care of it already but my bosses are making this difficult
                          Make sure ALL your copies are on separate sheets. Do you still have to take psych too?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hope 1 View Post
                            Hi-I too was there to take the test on Sunday but couldn't make it back for the psych on Monday. Can you tell me how it was? Was it a 1000 question form?
                            There were several parts to the 2nd day - They have a preliminary question portion that is used by the BI's for your investigation, a conditional offer sheet, and 2 parts to the psych. It's roughly 900 questions broken up into two booklets. Total time I was there was 6 hours.
                            Serving since 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
                              you'll meet with your BI before the background check, to discuss your packet. if anything comes up during the investigation, you will be contacted again to clarify anything.
                              Thanks for the information. Do you see the same gung ho attitude from within that there will be the continued hiring push?
                              Serving since 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by LEOhopeful81 View Post
                                There were several parts to the 2nd day - They have a preliminary question portion that is used by the BI's for your investigation, a conditional offer sheet, and 2 parts to the psych. It's roughly 900 questions broken up into two booklets. Total time I was there was 6 hours.
                                Thanks for the information. Does the conditional offer lock you in, in the event that you pass everything.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7421 users online. 219 members and 7202 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X