Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The agility test isn't every week any more now that E&T does it...

Comment

• Physical Agility Test

Whats E&T? Can you tell me how to go about getting that done?

Comment

• call recruitment. 1800 pride pd. E&T is education and training.

Comment

• What jvegas said. Personnel used to do the agility test, but now the academy instructors do it and they don't screw around!

They had someone that failed the run by 2 seconds...SEE YA, better luck next time!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tee.Elle. View Post
            They had someone that failed the run by 2 seconds...SEE YA, better luck next time!
            Cold bloooooooooded, haha. But seriously 16:28 for 1.5 miles? If you can't do that then you probably aren't cut out to be a police officer.

Comment

• I am going down this Tuesday to take the written test. The recruiter I spoke with was very helpful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kashihara View Post
                Cold bloooooooooded, haha. But seriously 16:28 for 1.5 miles? If you can't do that then you probably aren't cut out to be a police officer.
                I wouldn't necessarily say that. In my class at least their was an Annapolis cop that was in my class and could not pass the run until the final agility test our last week of the academy. It literally came to if he would have ran the mile and a half 1 or 2 seconds longer he would not have passed the Physical all together. ANYWAYS, he is a very good and well-respected Police Officer and I would absolutely be proud for him to serve out there on the streets next to me over a huge majority of people in my academy class that could run that mile and a half well in the given time on the first physical agility test. And I'm willing to bet Jvegas would agree with me.

Just saying, I wouldn't be quick to judge because what I say is no exaggeration whatsoever.

To those of you starting Friday, good luck and give that physical test all you got.

Comment

• )

Originally posted by MiGuy View Post
                  I wouldn't necessarily say that. In my class at least their was an Annapolis cop that was in my class and could not pass the run until the final agility test our last week of the academy. It literally came to if he would have ran the mile and a half 1 or 2 seconds longer he would not have passed the Physical all together. ANYWAYS, he is a very good and well-respected Police Officer and I would absolutely be proud for him to serve out there on the streets next to me over a huge majority of people in my academy class that could run that mile and a half well in the given time on the first physical agility test. And I'm willing to bet Jvegas would agree with me.

Just saying, I wouldn't be quick to judge because what I say is no exaggeration whatsoever.

To those of you starting Friday, good luck and give that physical test all you got.
                  Thanx MiGuy!!! )
                  Baltimore Police Department
                  **Finally :0)**

Comment

• Academy start date

I have heard that the class may push and not start on Friday 1/30. Does anyone out there know any info? Apparently there is some type of graduation going on that day, 1/30. Any truth??

Comment

• Originally posted by ty614 View Post
                      I have heard that the class may push and not start on Friday 1/30. Does anyone out there know any info? Apparently there is some type of graduation going on that day, 1/30. Any truth??
                      hmmm, thats possible and i know that 08-02 finished field training and will graduate this week, however, USUALLY that happens on thursdays.

Comment

• When doing the PT test does it matter what time you get as long as you pass? I can normally run a 1.5 mile in 10 minutes but let's just say I just sort of paced myself at a slow jog and passed within 15 or 16 minutes, does the 10 min 1.5 mile look better or a pass is a pass?

Comment

• Originally posted by Arewethereyet View Post
                          When doing the PT test does it matter what time you get as long as you pass? I can normally run a 1.5 mile in 10 minutes but let's just say I just sort of paced myself at a slow jog and passed within 15 or 16 minutes, does the 10 min 1.5 mile look better or a pass is a pass?
                          IMO, with BPD it does not matter as long as you pass. just go all out for the PT test on the first day of the academy, the mid term, and the final.

to touch on what MiGUY said. I think that officer actually ran it in 20mins the first day, at mid term time, he was at 17, i think, and then at the final he was at 15.xx. remember though, the initial PT test is nothing compared to the coopers test you take after being hired. to actually get a lowest possible passing score on the coopers scale, you need to run it at 12.2ish. with that said, you can still pass overall by getting high scores elsewhere. i ran the final 1.5 in 13.3, and i think most peoples scores went down from the midterm to the final. i got a 90 on situps, 95 on pushups and a 75 on bench. you can get a 0 for the run and mid 80's on everything else and still pass.

Comment

• How many pushups, situps, and how much weight do you need to bench to get a perfect score?

Comment

• Originally posted by ty614 View Post
                              As JVegas said they usually do graduate on a Thursday but I do believe, talking to some of the 08-02 trainees in Field training at my district, they are graduating this Friday. I never even thought of how that will effect the new class coming in if it even will. It seems nobody really heard anything about the start date not being the 30th so I guess all we can do is wait and see.

Comment

• From what I've been hearing from some officers I know is that IF it is pushed back it'll be because of budget cuts. If you think about it, by pushing back the Academy date a month or two they would save thousands of dollars in budget. Hopefully, if they do this it will get the City out of this jam they are in financially and they can start hiring normally again.

One question I have is about the graduation. I see you guys talking about graduation after FT. Do you get an Academy graduation and a Field Traning Graduation, or is the graduation just when you complete FT?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8316 users online. 366 members and 7950 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X