Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baltimore City Police Department Q&A

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • hey guys I was wondering some of you who have recently been hired I was wondering after u have done all the steps in the process how long does it usually take to get called in for final processing?

    Comment


    • no one can really say. There are many variables to consider ex. how extensive your background is and how many jobs you have had just to name a few. So expect at least 6 months wait. If its less then great but if not at least you did not expect to get on so soon.

      Originally posted by jay92 View Post
      hey guys I was wondering some of you who have recently been hired I was wondering after u have done all the steps in the process how long does it usually take to get called in for final processing?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by NYCSFINEST View Post
        no one can really say. There are many variables to consider ex. how extensive your background is and how many jobs you have had just to name a few. So expect at least 6 months wait. If its less then great but if not at least you did not expect to get on so soon.
        What happend to u and JULY academy. WITH YOUR EXAM# you should have been called first.
        NYPD.

        Comment


        • I was down in Baltimore last week, and noticed that the Lexington Market has their own police department. Is anyone from the city police familiar with them, do they do anything else other than patrolling the market? Also are any of their officers BPD or BPD retired?

          Comment


          • It's not its own police department. It's security guards. We handle all crime that occurs

            Comment


            • Originally posted by mr14621 View Post
              i was down in baltimore last week, and noticed that the lexington market has their own police department.
              lol

              Comment


              • Alright, the hotel is booked, time off scheduled, and I'm just waiting on a few documents to come in the mail. I'll be there for the 19th/20th testing. Good luck to those going as well
                Serving since 2013

                Comment


                • turning in paper work next week....that 1.5 mile run kicked my behind...

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by djacob88 View Post
                    turning in paper work next week....that 1.5 mile run kicked my behind...
                    you failed ?
                    NYPD.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by LEOhopeful81 View Post
                      Alright, the hotel is booked, time off scheduled, and I'm just waiting on a few documents to come in the mail. I'll be there for the 19th/20th testing. Good luck to those going as well
                      see you there.
                      NYPD.

                      Comment


                      • Good luck to everyone the 19 th and 20 th
                        Last edited by irishman585; 08-01-2012, 11:30 PM.

                        Comment


                        • New to Site and have a few questions

                          Hello,

                          I'm currently a college student finishing my Criminal Justice Degree at Stevenson University and was hoping I could get some questions answered?
                          I plan on graduating next July after finishing up my last couple credits in the summer semester,
                          I however turn 20 in October of this coming year and was wondering if I applied in November or December if they would even process my application before I am 20 and 6 or 9 months (which ever the age minimum is). I only ask this because I realize that it can take upwards to six months to a year to finish the evaluation, testing, and background checking period before you even receive the call.
                          Also, I was wondering if maybe joining the cadet program for a couple of months would help my chances of becoming a police officer at all and is it possible to do the cadet program around being a full-time college student. (I only go to class on Tuesdays and Thursdays.)

                          I realize that there maybe answers to my questions somewhere in the 360 something pages before this post, but I would appreciate any help.

                          Thanks
                          Montgomery County Police Department:
                          • Application Submitted-02/06/2013
                          • Written Examination Taken-03/09/2013
                          • Oral Board Interview-03/22/2013
                          • Background Investigation Meeting-05/29/2013
                          • Polygraph Examination-Passed- 07/10/2013
                          • Psychological Evaluation-Passed-07/22/2013
                          • Medical Evaluation-Passed-07/24/2013
                          • Final Offer of Employment-07/31/2013

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by mlugenbeel View Post
                            Hello,

                            I'm currently a college student finishing my Criminal Justice Degree at Stevenson University and was hoping I could get some questions answered?
                            I plan on graduating next July after finishing up my last couple credits in the summer semester,
                            I however turn 20 in October of this coming year and was wondering if I applied in November or December if they would even process my application before I am 20 and 6 or 9 months (which ever the age minimum is). I only ask this because I realize that it can take upwards to six months to a year to finish the evaluation, testing, and background checking period before you even receive the call.
                            Also, I was wondering if maybe joining the cadet program for a couple of months would help my chances of becoming a police officer at all and is it possible to do the cadet program around being a full-time college student. (I only go to class on Tuesdays and Thursdays.)

                            I realize that there maybe answers to my questions somewhere in the 360 something pages before this post, but I would appreciate any help.

                            Thanks


                            yes I am pretty sure you they would process it but they would process u as a cadet applicant instead of an officer trainee which you have to be 20 and 9 months. As far as being a cadet and going to college it would be really hard as the cadets work 7am-4pm from what I was told at the cadet hiring event. Which would make it pretty hard to go to college full time and be a cadet full time. Also as a cadet they can assign u to work over nite at in records which if so would make that almost impossible unless u can go without sleep or take online classes also as a cadet u have to work some events that might conflict with your class schedules. I guess its possible but would be extremely difficult. My suggestion why don't u just apply after u finish up and get your degree or start the process right before because if you come in with a degree the department gives u a better salary and always incentives and it would be easier on yourself and also a degree puts your chances above a lot of other applicants. Just my opinion best of luck in any way u decide to do it though.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by jay92 View Post
                              yes I am pretty sure you they would process it but they would process u as a cadet applicant instead of an officer trainee which you have to be 20 and 9 months. As far as being a cadet and going to college it would be really hard as the cadets work 7am-4pm from what I was told at the cadet hiring event. Which would make it pretty hard to go to college full time and be a cadet full time. Also as a cadet they can assign u to work over nite at in records which if so would make that almost impossible unless u can go without sleep or take online classes also as a cadet u have to work some events that might conflict with your class schedules. I guess its possible but would be extremely difficult. My suggestion why don't u just apply after u finish up and get your degree or start the process right before because if you come in with a degree the department gives u a better salary and always incentives and it would be easier on yourself and also a degree puts your chances above a lot of other applicants. Just my opinion best of luck in any way u decide to do it though.

                              Also how is Stevenson's criminal just program I was think about going back either there or University of Baltimore to finish up my BA for criminal justice although I would have to go for their online program if I get the call.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Kashihara View Post
                                lol
                                What’s so funny? I noticed that their shoulder patches said both “police” and “Baltimore city commission” I’ve never seen security guards who had police on their patches before guess that’s what threw me off.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5955 users online. 178 members and 5777 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X