Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can siy on the ground and use a towel to pull you towards your toes or sit butterfly style and push your knees towards the floor.
    Here is some other info for you.
    Here is some info for The Hopeful. If you have any further questions go to [email protected] and send us an e-mail. Read below
    Hello applicants,
    On Sunday July 22nd you will need to be at our head quarters building 601 E. Fayette St Baltimore MD 21202, at 8:00 am, dressed in business attire and have your full valid license with you. Bring a change of work out clothes with you. On that day you will do the written test and prescreen. If you pass that you will move on to the agility test. For info on the agility test go to our web site baltimorepolice.org. If you pass that you will move on to Monday.
    On Monday July 23rd you will be back here at 8:00 am. Males will need to wear a suit and tie and females bussiness attire. You will be here most of the day for that day also. On that day you will do the written psych test and collect your application and documents. You can get the application on line at baltimorepolice.org. With your documents you will need the original and one color copy. Only thing you will not copy will be High school and college transcripts (they have to be in a sealed envelope from the school) and your driving record. Your driving record and credit report need to be current with in 30 days of the day you come. The credit report is not on the list but you will need it. Here is a web site annualcreditreport.com it is through the government. Make sure your application is also completed. You will be here until at least 4:00 pm on that day.
    ALSO BRING A BLACK INK PEN AND 2 #2 PENCILS FOR BOTH DAYS.

If you need a place to stay here are two hotels we work with.
    The first is Sleep Inn 410-779-6166. Give them the code of LCOPS and tell them why you need the rooms. They are about $80 a night.
    The other one is Holiday Inn express 410-400-8045 also tell them why you need the room. They are about $99 a night.
    Both are next to each other and are with in walking distance to our building.

Comment

• I don't post on here often.... or at all for that matter.... But I wanted to warn all who read this thread. This has to be one of ... if not THE worst Police dept. to work for... I have never seen such disgruntled police officers. When I got out of the academy I was all strawberries and sunshine but EVERYONE around you hates this place... I fully recommend if you are not from this city that you seek employment elsewhere. The union is not a union and nobody has your back.
      The training (with the exception of firearms) is sub-par. I couldn't even quote you a SINGLE Maryland state law or a city ordinance.... of course these are things you learn with time but they give you absolutely nothing at the academy.
      The pay is terrible.... you can't get a day off.... and when you do... they cancel without warning and without regards to any collective bargaining. Good luck finding your union rep too! I could go on for days..... weeks for this matter... but seriously to all who read this thread.

RUN FOR THE HILLS!

Comment

• -Hulksmash85-
        I understand that everyone is entitled to there own opinion, but really? there is absolutely no need to come on the forum and bash the department. I have been following this thread for a while and it seems as if there are numerous people who like the department. If you do not like the department then by all means leave. I cannot speak for the department as I am not a member but as someone who is trying to get into law enforcement I would take any job that was offered to me and I certainly would not complain about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by HulkSmash85 View Post
          I don't post on here often.... or at all for that matter.... But I wanted to warn all who read this thread. This has to be one of ... if not THE worst Police dept. to work for... I have never seen such disgruntled police officers. When I got out of the academy I was all strawberries and sunshine but EVERYONE around you hates this place... I fully recommend if you are not from this city that you seek employment elsewhere. The union is not a union and nobody has your back.
          The training (with the exception of firearms) is sub-par. I couldn't even quote you a SINGLE Maryland state law or a city ordinance.... of course these are things you learn with time but they give you absolutely nothing at the academy.
          The pay is terrible.... you can't get a day off.... and when you do... they cancel without warning and without regards to any collective bargaining. Good luck finding your union rep too! I could go on for days..... weeks for this matter... but seriously to all who read this thread.

RUN FOR THE HILLS!
          Best post in the thread.

I'm guessing you are 27....did atleast 4 years of college meaning you might have two years in patrol.

Sorry you cant get those weekends off.

Comment

• I did 11 months in patrol and now belong to a unit where i can get any day off. Yea i have to work most holidays, but thats LE. Most days off arent even taken from my bank. You have to give to take. The days i do work, myself and my squad work our asses off...lots of double shifts. I made over 100k last year and didnt realize it because i have fun. The money is there through the dept and secondary if you want it. I get approved for any LE training i put in for. As far as the union, it helped me save my job a few months ago for an F category. Yea we dont get a lot of recognition and a lot of civilians hate us. Thats the city politics and the new times we live in. No matter what job, dept, or career you choose, its not going to be perfect and we as Americans are always going to gripe about something. I am 37 years old and have seen many other career fields and worked with a prior LE agency. BPD is very lenient and we can get away with a lot more within discretion. I respect other officers opinions, and this job, like any other job, is what you make of it. Think positive, network within the dept., excercise integrity and moral decision making, use the resources available to you and you will be a success here. Remember we arent here for ourselves, we are here to help those in the city that need our help whether they realize they need it or not. Next time you wave to a small child on Park Heights or Monument street or any one of the hardened blocks we work. Watch the hesitation, fear, or confusion in their eyes before they wave back. We need to change that.
            Last edited by TigerWoody; 07-11-2012, 12:12 AM.
            "Sometimes there is Justice and sometimes there is Just Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerWoody View Post
              I did 11 months in patrol and now belong to a unit where i can get any day off. Yea i have to work most holidays, but thats LE. Most days off arent even taken from my bank. You have to give to take. The days i do work, myself and my squad work our asses off...lots of double shifts. I made over 100k last year and didnt realize it because i have fun. The money is there through the dept and secondary if you want it. I get approved for any LE training i put in for. As far as the union, it helped me save my job a few months ago for an F category. Yea we dont get a lot of recognition and a lot of civilians hate us. Thats the city politics and the new times we live in. No matter what job, dept, or career you choose, its not going to be perfect and we as Americans are always going to gripe about something. I am 37 years old and have seen many other career fields and worked with a prior LE agency. BPD is very lenient and we can get away with a lot more within discretion. I respect other officers opinions, and this job, like any other job, is what you make of it. Think positive, network within the dept., excercise integrity and moral decision making, use the resources available to you and you will be a success here. Remember we arent here for ourselves, we are here to help those in the city that need our help whether they realize they need it or not. Next time you wave to a small child on Park Heights or Monument street or any one of the hardened blocks we work. Watch the hesitation, fear, or confusion in their eyes before they wave back. We need to change that.
              Agreed. BPD has it's problems but the biggest one is the "me, me, me" attitude. The really disgruntled ones are the ones that don't want to play by the rules and not do what they are supposed to do so they stay in patrol and complain about how they got passed up for other assignments by people they feel is "less qualified".

Yes, training could have been better at times but you will get what you put into it. Don't take it seriously and you will come out of the Academy feeling confused and ill-prepared. The staff gives you the resources to succeed even if some of them are not the best presenters. Take advantage of the materials given to you. READ THEM!

Read the Union contract between the City, Department, and the Union which is available on the FOP3 website. Call the Union if you can't find your representative and you feel the department has done something to break what is in their contract. Ask the disgruntled people you work with because I will put money down that they will have that number handy.

This department like any other department needs good officers. Come in and just do what you are paid to do which is to serve the people in Baltimore City and not complain about everything. I'm not talking about being a super cop either. This is just answering your calls, maintain your post and handle calls given to you appropriately. Do that bare minimum and your supervisors will notice and work with you when an opportunity comes up or cover you the best they can if you make an honest mistake.

And for those prior service reading this. This place is cake compared to the silliness we are used to doing. So come on down and apply cause I really, really, really want some time off.

Comment

• Originally posted by HulkSmash85 View Post
                I don't post on here often.... or at all for that matter.... But I wanted to warn all who read this thread. This has to be one of ... if not THE worst Police dept. to work for... I have never seen such disgruntled police officers. When I got out of the academy I was all strawberries and sunshine but EVERYONE around you hates this place... I fully recommend if you are not from this city that you seek employment elsewhere. The union is not a union and nobody has your back.

RUN FOR THE HILLS!
                blah blah blah...another disgruntled hump because they thought police work meant you'd get rich quick and have off whenever you want. :roll eyes:

thats funny, because most of the people i work with and have worked with, don't feel that way. if you want to leave, leave. i have never had trouble getting off...even fresh out of the academy. they cancel your leave that often, file a grievance. maybe your Sgt dislikes you because all you do is complain and so you get the crap details. maybe my experience is different because i busted my backside starting day 1 and made some sort of name for myself. my supervisors, all the way up to unit 1 know that I'm a worker. My name comes across their desks for good things, instead of bad.

TigerWoody is a great cop, who could have lost his job for some BS. The union saved his job. I know exactly who my union rep is and even though he's on vacation, he still returned my text last week.

Comment

• Hey all, I was just wondering if there were any veteran officers that could give some input on the deferred compensation plan. We just received a brief on it this morning, and I'm still torn between sticking with my USAA IRA or going with deferred comp. They barely scratched the surface of what seems to be a decent plan, so if anyone could give me some input on how it has been working/not working for them I would appreciate it.

Comment

• Sconner4319, it's sounds like you're new on the job. If you are, would you be kind enough to tell me how long it took for you to get hired? I'm coming down from NY on 7/22 for the expedited recruiting event and want to get some sort of an idea as to what the wait time is like. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by sconner4319 View Post
                      Hey all, I was just wondering if there were any veteran officers that could give some input on the deferred compensation plan. We just received a brief on it this morning, and I'm still torn between sticking with my USAA IRA or going with deferred comp. They barely scratched the surface of what seems to be a decent plan, so if anyone could give me some input on how it has been working/not working for them I would appreciate it.
                      im not sure what your % is for your USAA IRA. the dept's def comp is a nice pay out after 25 years, if you can afford to contribute to it. no where close to what it used to be, but still a nice chunk of change.
                      Last edited by jvegas; 07-14-2012, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• hey all..I went to the 2 day hiring even back in Feb 12-13, and still haven't heard anything, good or bad. I've called several times and emailed as well, and keep getting the "hold tight response" today the recruiter i talked to took my info and said he'd put it on one of the detectives desk. I know this isn't normal but any suggestions on what i should do?

Comment

• Jvegas, thanks for the info...consistency is what I was looking for so USAA may be the better bet. The Great West reps made it seem like everyone and their mother had enrolled in the program so naturally I was curious. Pride22, my processing took roughly 7 months from written to hire. However, that is because I elected to start in the June class as opposed to the April class. I know some people in my current class participated in expedited events as late as April. Those two-day events seem to be the way to go, so go for it; best of luck to you.

Comment

• I have my agility test tomorrow, nervous but im in great shape...makes no sense I know

Comment

• Hey guys, when is the next hire for the Baltimore PD? Thank you in advance
                              NYPD Exam 0308
                              List 8**
                              APD5 Submitted 8/22/2011
                              Medical: 2/6/2012 Done
                              Written Psych: Done
                              Oral Psych: Done
                              JST: Done
                              Mini Med: Done
                              January 2013 !!! I'm a cold weather guy anyway

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyfinestcuzz View Post
                                Hey guys, when is the next hire for the Baltimore PD? Thank you in advance
                                Latest I heard is next class set for August 21. They have several classes throughout the year. Usually around 5.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7097 users online. 340 members and 6757 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X