300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fire4Effect1 View Post
    No idea, each applicant has a different timeline. Rule of thumb is go by the estimated timeline the department says it takes to get hired (4-5 months) and you won't have any worries. Obviously there are applicants who breeze threw and get hired in 3 months and it seems like their process went so fast, but it varies. I would remain patient, I've seen applicants timeline show a month wait before BI meeting.
    understood, thank you for your response and congrats again on your accomplishment. hopefully their isnt a hirring freeze for cadets i turn 20 july 6, and ill be 20 yrs old and 9 months in april.

Comment

• Originally posted by East Side View Post
      Check the Cooper Standards. But from what I was told by a very recent graduate, is that they had to complete the run in under 13 minutes. I don't remember what it was for me though. Things may have changed. The time that you gave me for your 2 mile run equates to just under a 13 min run for the 1.5 mile distance. If anything, the academy will keep you active all day which will help you lose weight thus lowering your run time in the process!
      the PT tests are done using an overall average percentage. If you can score high enough on the sit-ups, sprint, bench, and push-ups then you can totally bomb the 1.5 mile and pass. With that said, you'll be running enough in the academy that you'll have no troubles with the distance running for the exams. Any questions feel free to PM.

Comment

• Quick question does BPD have an allowable bodyfat percentage for applicants cause I definitely don't meet any of those height/weight reqs for most depts, but I can make bodyfat percentage. I called recruiting but they honestly had no idea!!

Comment

• Originally posted by AV8 View Post
          Quick question does BPD have an allowable bodyfat percentage for applicants cause I definitely don't meet any of those height/weight reqs for most depts, but I can make bodyfat percentage. I called recruiting but they honestly had no idea!!
          no height/weight and no BF%

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
            no height/weight and no BF%
            Thanks Man!

Comment

• hows the 2 day testing process? do alot of people show up?

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisb007 View Post
                hows the 2 day testing process? do alot of people show up?
                Your best option if your an out of state applicant. I didn't have many at the 2day event I attended, no more than 50 applicants I would guess.
                "Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."

Comment

• Anyone who is attending the Two Day Expedited Processing Event for the City of Baltimore Police Department on June 24th, 25th and is staying at an area hotel and would like to share cost please feel free to PM me.

Thanks

Comment

• I just got "THE CALL" today!! I'm goin in for final processing next week for the academy that starts next Friday! I feel so honored to have made it through the process. I appreciate all the information that has been shared by those who have already gone through this process. My boss was... unhappy to say the least that I couldn't give 2 weeks notice but when duty calls... I'm already convinced it will be worth every inconvenience of the process.
                    BDP Jr

Baltimore City Police Department
                    Written Test- 3/6- Passed
                    Physical Ability Test- 3/17- Passed
                    Written Psych/ Background Materials Turned In- 4/18- Passed
                    Background Interview- 5/15- Complete
                    Polygraph- 5/24- Passed
                    Medical- 6/8- Passed
                    Final Processing- 6/26
                    Hired- 6/27

Finally striving for the dream... I know what I want and I'm going for it!

Comment

• Congrats BPD JR!!!!!! glad to hear it enjoy and be safe

Comment

• Originally posted by BPD Jr View Post
                        I just got "THE CALL" today!! I'm goin in for final processing next week for the academy that starts next Friday! I feel so honored to have made it through the process. I appreciate all the information that has been shared by those who have already gone through this process. My boss was... unhappy to say the least that I couldn't give 2 weeks notice but when duty calls... I'm already convinced it will be worth every inconvenience of the process.
                        Congrats brother, looks like we'll be classmates.
                        "Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."

Comment

• Thanks irishman585 and Fire4Effect1. I'm looking forward to serving with you. I'm trying to get my PT numbers up as much as possible by Friday for the initial physical test. I really wasn't expecting the call for this class and need... some work! I've watched the first 2 seasons of the show "the academy" on hulu.com and between that and the comments my buddies that are cops have made, it's gonna be hell the first couple of weeks! At this point I'm almost looking forward to it as long as I don't get dropped for not being good enough lol. Good luck bro!
                          BDP Jr

Polygraph- 5/24- Passed
                          Medical- 6/8- Passed
                          Final Processing- 6/26
                          Hired- 6/27

Comment

• The only PT test that matters is your final. You'll have the initial, midterm and final.

Start drinking a lot of water because Receiving Week, aka. hell week, will be rough. lol Just hang in there you'll be fine. I should see you guys running around that week at the academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by cuda_426hemi View Post
                              The only PT test that matters is your final. You'll have the initial, midterm and final.

Start drinking a lot of water because Receiving Week, aka. hell week, will be rough. lol Just hang in there you'll be fine. I should see you guys running around that week at the academy.
                              So how bad really is hell week. Is it PT all day everyday, or are other things thrown in there as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by cuda_426hemi View Post
                                The only PT test that matters is your final. You'll have the initial, midterm and final.

Oh ok. Thanks for the heads up. I'm guessing you work out of Northwest? I grew up right behind the new academy building when it was still Pimlico Middle. How do you like working that district? It seems like everyone recommends ride alongs in Eastern or Western but I'm curious what NW would be like on a ride along too.
                                BDP Jr

Polygraph- 5/24- Passed
                                Medical- 6/8- Passed
                                Final Processing- 6/26
                                Hired- 6/27

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10040 users online. 482 members and 9558 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X