300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pgalvi20 View Post
    I have never heard of an agency requiring that before, but your answer made sense. Thanks for the response. I asked him to remove it because leaving it up there would defeat the purpose of both his answer, the departments wishes, and my question.

I can't believe they didn't run the 1.5 mi because it was too cold.
    They said because it was too cold, which from a "there's ice on the sidewalk" standpoint I can kind of see the concern.

Comment

• I've taken the Baltimore City exam back in 2009. Is it bad for me to think that I can apply for Bmore again after failing the polygraph.

Comment

Last edited by magnuson25; 08-09-2018, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by magnuson25 View Post
          I cannot confirm but I have heard on this forum that the polygraph is one of the only permanent disqualifier's?
          So Magnuson have you been accepted into the academy? It looks like all your steps are done.

Comment

• Originally posted by justbeme1 View Post
            I've taken the Baltimore City exam back in 2009. Is it bad for me to think that I can apply for Bmore again after failing the polygraph.
            You could always call recruiting to ask if you could reapply. They would have final say anyway.

Comment

Last edited by magnuson25; 08-09-2018, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by justbeme1 View Post
                I've taken the Baltimore City exam back in 2009. Is it bad for me to think that I can apply for Bmore again after failing the polygraph.
                It is if you lied and want to be a police officer.

Comment

• So I'm assuming that there is an academy every 6 months, so when do the academies generally start, as in July/January? It appears from what I see on many of the posters' time lines that it takes about 2 months to go through the preliminary hiring process. I'm just trying to figure out that if I were to take the civil service exam in late Feb/early March, which month I would likely start an academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greaser57 View Post
                    So I'm assuming that there is an academy every 6 months, so when do the academies generally start, as in July/January? It appears from what I see on many of the posters' time lines that it takes about 2 months to go through the preliminary hiring process. I'm just trying to figure out that if I were to take the civil service exam in late Feb/early March, which month I would likely start an academy.
                    Right now, BPD has been approved to have an academy of 50 every other month for this year. So right now that stands at 5 more academies of 50 each for this year alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greaser57 View Post
                      So I'm assuming that there is an academy every 6 months, so when do the academies generally start, as in July/January? It appears from what I see on many of the posters' time lines that it takes about 2 months to go through the preliminary hiring process. I'm just trying to figure out that if I were to take the civil service exam in late Feb/early March, which month I would likely start an academy.
                      They are have 6 classes for 2012.
                      Always learning. Forever changing!

Comment

• Thanks for the responses. So if July is the earliest I would be able to attend an academy would they work with me?

Comment

Last edited by magnuson25; 08-09-2018, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• When I took the written psych test on the 13th, I tried to make light of the questions and answered in a somewhat humorous manner, do you think that will ruin my chances with the BPD?

Comment

• Originally posted by bravo12 View Post
                              When I took the written psych test on the 13th, I tried to make light of the questions and answered in a somewhat humorous manner, do you think that will ruin my chances with the BPD?
                              Yes, which has an impact on all your law enforcement applications.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravo12 View Post
                                When I took the written psych test on the 13th, I tried to make light of the questions and answered in a somewhat humorous manner, do you think that will ruin my chances with the BPD?
                                Are you serious?

Did you want the job or was this just another application you had to submit to keep your food stamps coming?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6630 users online. 385 members and 6245 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X