300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Iam80sBilly View Post
    Anyone on here do there field training in the Southern? Or currently there?
    Yep, what do you need?
    The Few, The Proud, The Marines...

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankieKnuckles View Post
      From what I hear, the SD runs a tight ship with its FTO program. Some good cops come out of that district.
      Yea it def was. The Sgt that made sure of it has moved on and I'm not sure who's in charge of it now.
      The Few, The Proud, The Marines...

Comment

• question about application

I will be driving down to B'more to take the written test on Dec-26. I am preparing my application and the part about work history has me a little worried. I do not have the names and addresses of people that I worked with 3 years ago and beyond. Will I be penalized for not having all of this? Thanks
        BPD:
        Written: 1/22/12 passed
        Agility: 1/22/12 passed (-1.5mi)
        Psych (written): 1//23/12 completed
        result: thanks but no thanks letter

PghPD:
        Written: passed
        Oral : passed (eligibility list rank not so high though)

PhilaPD:
        Written: May 2012

Comment

• i dont know if you will get penalized but i know that they want to know addresses and phone number of the place where you have worked there fore i would just bring the information they ask for....if you are having trouble remembering the jobs you've had go down to your local social security office and get a document called a detailed earnings statement. in this document you can go back as far as 10 years and it will list the name and address of the places where you have worked. this service is not free, but i dont remember how much it cost, maybe 30 bucks around there.

Originally posted by titanicmusic14 View Post
          I will be driving down to B'more to take the written test on Dec-26. I am preparing my application and the part about work history has me a little worried. I do not have the names and addresses of people that I worked with 3 years ago and beyond. Will I be penalized for not having all of this? Thanks

Comment

• 12-01...?

I've heard it starts around February-ish. Anyone hear any rumors?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCSFINEST View Post
              i dont know if you will get penalized but i know that they want to know addresses and phone number of the place where you have worked there fore i would just bring the information they ask for....if you are having trouble remembering the jobs you've had go down to your local social security office and get a document called a detailed earnings statement. in this document you can go back as far as 10 years and it will list the name and address of the places where you have worked. this service is not free, but i dont remember how much it cost, maybe 30 bucks around there.
              this is great info. get the SS document, no matter what the fee is. as long as you can provide a company name and address, i think you will be ok. If the employers you do remember for the past 3 years give you negative reviews, and your BI can't contact the older employers, I'd imagine that it would be assumed that the older employers would give neg reviews, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by indago1987 View Post
                I've heard it starts around February-ish. Anyone hear any rumors?
                haven't heard any rumors, but that seems feasible. classes tend to run every 2-4 months. one just started friday. id plan on it being more towards March, though.

Comment

• Thanks for all the help from you guys in the know.

Am I correct in assuming that I don't need to bring anything to take the Civil Service test for BPD? Just show up on a scheduled test date?

Comment

• ^
                    ID card and business attire

Comment

• Hey thanks. The one post said about preparing an application so I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Comment

• Just wondering if anyone on here will be going to the expedited testing this weekend?

Comment

• anyone know how much we make after two years? Is it true base pay goes up to 52,000 or no?

Comment

Last edited by magnuson25; 08-09-2018, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by magnuson25 View Post
                              Hello,
                              I am coming down from New York this weekend to take the 2 day expedited testing. My question is in regards to the PT portion of the test. Is there a particular order that they test for the sit ups, push ups, run, or sit and reach? Also when they do the run, do we run as a group or do they make you run individually without anyone else on the track? And my final question is, for the track, is it a quarter mile track or a tenth mile track?
                              Thank you and I look farward to seeing you all down there this weekend, if you are taking the test!
                              Thanks,
                              Ryan M.
                              Based on my past experience (2 years ago), here's the order:
                              Handgun Check/Trigger Pull > Sit and Reach(Best of 3 attempts) > Push-Up > Sit-Up > 1.5mile run

When running, they divide all the applicants into a number of groups. The number of groups depends on the total number of applicants testing. The track itself is a Quarter Mile track. The officers (again, based on my past experience) will take a van-load of applicants (about 15) at a time to an track at Northwestern High School which is about 4-5 minutes down the road. 6 laps will net you the 1.5 mile.

Comment

• when i went down it was the sit and reach, bench a % of your body weight, push ups, sit ups, glock familiarization and run.. i do not know if this the order of how they do things since i only went once.. when i ran we ran in groups and you were identified by a number and color of mesh shirt they gave you. track length is quarter mile.

Originally posted by magnuson25 View Post
                                Hello,
                                I am coming down from New York this weekend to take the 2 day expedited testing. My question is in regards to the PT portion of the test. Is there a particular order that they test for the sit ups, push ups, run, or sit and reach? Also when they do the run, do we run as a group or do they make you run individually without anyone else on the track? And my final question is, for the track, is it a quarter mile track or a tenth mile track?
                                Thank you and I look farward to seeing you all down there this weekend, if you are taking the test!
                                Thanks,
                                Ryan M.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5829 users online. 287 members and 5542 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X