Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
    irishman, NP.

anyone at quarter master today getting your gear?
    I was there! Yes, there were 8 of us. I remember you if you are who I am thinking of.

Comment

• Originally posted by cgilles1 View Post
      I called him today and apparently he was missing some small info from my hometown police force. I got it faxed to him right away and he turned my file in. Said if I can start the academy this week be prepared to come in and do paperwork. Also told me someone should be calling me this week but ultimately told me he doesn't know whether or not I will be hired or whether or not I will make next weeks academy. Think he got my file in in enough time?
      More than likely you will be fine and make the class. Bi's don't usually guarantee making the class so don't worry about that.
      The Few, The Proud, The Marines...

Comment

• Originally posted by arithian View Post
        I was there! Yes, there were 8 of us. I remember you if you are who I am thinking of.
        big guy with a long goatee

Comment

• Academy length

The academy starts this Friday. How long is the typical academy -from start to graduation? I've read several different answers, so please, if someone who actually knows would respond it would be great. Thanks!

Comment

• If I'm hired, how long is the training process?

The training period for police officers begin with six months of entry level training. Police Officer Trainees will receive instruction in law, defense tactics, firearms, emergency vehicle operation, as well as other topics. Upon completion of entry level training, Police Officer Trainees are sent to one of the department's nine patrol districts for field training.

http://www.baltimorepolice.org/join-...plication-faqs

..just saying go to the source
            MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
              big guy with a long goatee
              You just described every plainclothes officer in the city. You sure know how to stay anonymous on this forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by espantoon View Post
                You just described every plainclothes officer in the city. You sure know how to stay anonymous on this forum.
                i wasn't wearing a Puma track jacket and jogging pants, though.

Comment

• Tried to search but couldn't find much help.

Do they have a set limit for how out they will offer an applicant a spot in an upcoming academy? So hypothetically could someone be hired and start doing work months before an academy starts?

Thanks for the assistance

Comment

• Originally posted by golfdmb18 View Post
                    Tried to search but couldn't find much help.

Do they have a set limit for how out they will offer an applicant a spot in an upcoming academy? So hypothetically could someone be hired and start doing work months before an academy starts?

Thanks for the assistance
                    they could do whatever they want. longest i have seen is a month and a half.

Comment

• Got the call to start the academy Friday. Ah finally I can stop stressing out. How's hell week? Is it more PT or is it more instructors criticizing and yelling at you for everything?

Comment

Got the call to start the academy Friday. Ah finally I can stop stressing out. How's hell week? Is it more PT or is it more instructors criticizing and yelling at you for everything?
                        Congrats cgilles1! I guess we'll find out on Friday! See you there!

Comment

• Congrats! its been a month since i did my oral psych and finger prints and still no news, i guess no news is good news lol

Comment

• Originally posted by jg700 View Post
                            Congrats cgilles1! I guess we'll find out on Friday! See you there!
                            you'll find out monday. friday is going to be the last easy day for a while.

Comment

Got the call to start the academy Friday. Ah finally I can stop stressing out. How's hell week? Is it more PT or is it more instructors criticizing and yelling at you for everything?
                              both

Comment

• When would the next class be after Dec 3ed? Any estimates? Also, what is the average class size?

Thanks
                                Last edited by semper03; 11-29-2011, 01:49 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6684 users online. 391 members and 6293 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X