300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FrankieKnuckles View Post
    I find your story very hard to believe. If there's one thing that cops hate more than an jerkoff cop is a perp, and NO cop in Baltimore City would ever let even the grimiest of grimiest POS officer fight for his life. We back each other up when it counts.
    Yes, blood is thicker than water, as they say.

I'm just relaying what he told me and I hope he was embellishing. He's not a friend, just someone I met in a class, so I don't know if I'll have the chance to talk with him more about it. And to answer other questions/comments, 1- I am a sworn LEO, and 2- I have done an 8-hour Friday night ride along in Baltimore (southwest precinct). My perception at the time (15 years before I became a cop) was that it was a very busy city but every call we had back up when needed.

Comment

• Quick question... sit and reach... after the agility, will someone ever be tested with this again? For example, in the academy?

Comment

• had a long conversation with a former BPD officer. He told me
        I stopped reading after that. At my age you learn to deduce things fast.
        MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

• Just out of sheer curiosity, why did you bother posting here, hopperja? It just seems like you wanted to stir up trouble.

Now, I'm only a lowly POT, but I would have thought a sworn LEO would refrain from publicly announcing how much he or she *doesn't* want to work in another department, especially when not prompted to give an opinion one way or the other.

Anyway... Just wanted to pop on to the forum and say thanks once again to everyone that's helped me (directly or indirectly) in my bid to become a BPD officer. Doesn't look like it's going to pan out though. Much love to my class! Stay safe 11-02! Blue, Billy... it was nice getting to meet you! Wish I could have stayed with ya through the whole process
          “Justice, sir, is the great interest of man on earth. It is the ligament which holds civilized beings and civilized nations together.” -Daniel Webster

Guess we'll find out just how blue my blood runs after PSI does their thing. Anything goes in pursuit of the badge...

Comment

• The health thing?

Originally posted by Lights&Sirens View Post
            Just out of sheer curiosity, why did you bother posting here, hopperja? It just seems like you wanted to stir up trouble.

Now, I'm only a lowly POT, but I would have thought a sworn LEO would refrain from publicly announcing how much he or she *doesn't* want to work in another department, especially when not prompted to give an opinion one way or the other.

Anyway... Just wanted to pop on to the forum and say thanks once again to everyone that's helped me (directly or indirectly) in my bid to become a BPD officer. Doesn't look like it's going to pan out though. Much love to my class! Stay safe 11-02! Blue, Billy... it was nice getting to meet you! Wish I could have stayed with ya through the whole process

Comment

• I'll PM you about it, jvegas.
              “Justice, sir, is the great interest of man on earth. It is the ligament which holds civilized beings and civilized nations together.” -Daniel Webster

Guess we'll find out just how blue my blood runs after PSI does their thing. Anything goes in pursuit of the badge...

Comment

• What are the residency requirements for Baltimore PD? Do officers have to live in the city or MD? Can one live about an north in PA?

Comment

• Originally posted by jpimus View Post
                  What are the residency requirements for Baltimore PD? Do officers have to live in the city or MD? Can one live about an north in PA?
                  There r no residency requirements. However, consider this: you live an hour away in PA, you are on night work 3-11 or 4-12. You get a late call and don't get home till 2am. You have court in the am at 9am. Your court case is over a 9:30. You then have to drive all the way back home and be back to work at 2:30 or 3:30. Let's also assume this happen about 5 times during the 28 day shift.

This scenario does happen.

Comment

• Was going to head down for the expedited testing next weekend but something has come up and I can not make it. Instead I am going to head down Thursday for the exam.....how long does the exam usually take?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lukinbigrich View Post
                      Was going to head down for the expedited testing next weekend but something has come up and I can not make it. Instead I am going to head down Thursday for the exam.....how long does the exam usually take?
                      Meant Tuesday...not Thursday

Comment

• Originally posted by Lights&Sirens View Post
                        Just out of sheer curiosity, why did you bother posting here, hopperja? It just seems like you wanted to stir up trouble.

You too homie! I'm feeling kind of depressed right now reading this sh*t cuz I know how bad you wanted it. Keep on fighting, dont give up!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lukinbigrich View Post
                          Meant Tuesday...not Thursday
                          Just plan on 2 hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iam80sBilly View Post
                            You too homie! I'm feeling kind of depressed right now reading this sh*t cuz I know how bad you wanted it. Keep on fighting, dont give up!
                            bump!
                            The Few, The Proud, The Marines...

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
                              Just plan on 2 hours.
                              Thanks J.....much appreciated!

Comment

• Might be a little longer, I drove down from upstate NY for the 6pm test and didn't end up leaving the Admin building until 11pm. If you're going for the evening test, I'd plan on getting a hotel room. The six hour drive back home was not very fun for me, lol.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14263 users online. 244 members and 14019 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X