Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To those in process - hang in there and don't give up. Keep up the PT. Get a ride-along in - or 2. Write down the questions you need answered and make sure to ask your BI about them. Or, one of us on here.

Keep your nose clean and don't get tickets, get into accidents, or otherwise create bad history for yourself.

Comment

• Do you know when the academy begins? I was told it starts on 1/9 but it could be pushed. Any info??

Comment

• Originally posted by ty614 View Post
        Do you know when the academy begins? I was told it starts on 1/9 but it could be pushed. Any info??
        today i heard that the class for 1/9 will be pushed back 3 weeks. and there is going to be a hiring freeze after the next class.

anyone still processing, hang in there and dont give up. i dont think the freeze will last very long.
        Last edited by jvegas; 01-07-2009, 11:24 AM.

Comment

• Hopefully they will be able to hold out on that hiring freeze but who knows with the economy. I guess only time will tell. :-\

Comment

• Originally posted by wheels64 View Post
            Hopefully they will be able to hold out on that hiring freeze but who knows with the economy. I guess only time will tell. :-\
            I wouldn't worry about the hiring freeze. If there is one, it will be VERY short. The department is short. It really can't keep up with filling the slots of the guys retiring/ going to other jurisdictions, etc. with new hires.

Hang in there, if we keep this murder rate up, there wont be a hiring freeze!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DRSJCP View Post
              To those in process - hang in there and don't give up. Keep up the PT. Get a ride-along in - or 2. Write down the questions you need answered and make sure to ask your BI about them. Or, one of us on here.

Keep your nose clean and don't get tickets, get into accidents, or otherwise create bad history for yourself.
              Fixed.

Comment

• Thank you, sir. I am reporting tomorrow at 900am. I am guessing the will keep us busy at headquarters until the academy actually starts.

Comment

• just finished up with the "POLY" today.......man i was not even nervous a little! until i was done, and than, the gentlemen (2) doing the testing were like hmmm, ahhh ohhhh, "well that doesn't look right", "well no i've seen that on this, or i've seen that on that...maybe he was anticipating the question..." WHAT??? man they had me hook line and sinker, finally i said shoot i know i answered all as honest as anyone could, they are playing me or something! what's the next step for me, i have completed everything... "sit and wait"? last but not least What's up with the next class, when might it be??? (my BI left before i could speak with him today)

Comment

• Originally posted by MDNG1297 View Post
                    what's the next step for me, i have completed everything... "sit and wait"? last but not least What's up with the next class, when might it be??? (my BI left before i could speak with him today)
                    if you have done everything, next will be the final processing and then hire. the next class has been pushed back to 1/30, so you will probably make that.

Comment

• Hey guys,

Just received a call from my BI today to come in for an interview. I have completed my written and PAT, psych exams and handed in my paperwork: for those who have been at this point, is it realistic that I may be processed for this upcoming class or from your experience has this process taken a bit longer? I have yet to complete my medical, poly, and it looks like I am just starting my Background.

Thanks,

best of luck to everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by godson123 View Post
                        Hey guys,

Just received a call from my BI today to come in for an interview. I have completed my written and PAT, psych exams and handed in my paperwork: for those who have been at this point, is it realistic that I may be processed for this upcoming class or from your experience has this process taken a bit longer? I have yet to complete my medical, poly, and it looks like I am just starting my Background.

Thanks,

best of luck to everyone
                        i would say negative. you have at least another month to go. 3 months is the usual turn around time.

Comment

• Sounds good thanks.

Comment

• Being on the inside, there may be a chance. Best thing to do - call 410-396-2530 and ask. The worst they can say is No, and then at least you'll know. Actually, the worst they can say is Maybe. If your background is clean, your chances might be better. If you haven't given notice at your current job, start talking to them. BPD won't give you much notice about much. Make sure you get a final interview date, hire date and an academy date. They are 3 different things.

Hang in there. They have need but the economy and other factors may impact on hiring and academy dates.

Comment

• I have a question.
                              I read a couple times on here about "burnouts" in the bpd and how alot of officers last only five years and what not.
                              Where do they go? what have you heard them do afterwards

Comment

• Originally posted by Roland kupo View Post
                                I have a question.
                                I read a couple times on here about "burnouts" in the bpd and how alot of officers last only five years and what not.
                                Where do they go? what have you heard them do afterwards
                                I've seen some go to other departments, I've seen some quit LE period. Depends on how bad things effect you, and how you handle it. MOST of the time a "change of scenery" does wonders to get some people out of the rut. What I mean by "change of scenery" is, at THEIR request, move them to another unit/ district.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10321 users online. 206 members and 10115 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X