300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NightStix
    LOL They have testers for everything, however I dont think I ever saw one for weed. That is one of the funniest things in the world to watch. When they are giving out testers, especially when the Po Po comes around. They throw the bag up and its like kindengarteners going after candy. Yeah, its been rough. The quad didnt help either. Oh well, job security.
    The first one I saw, over in the ED, where a guy was standing up on top of a four foot concrete wall with a cardboard box under his arm throwing caps into a crowd of junkies who were fighting each other for them, and yelling "Bad Dreams. Get your Bad Dreams!". I was like, WTF? By the time we got to him, he had emptied the box and was lost in the crowd in about ten seconds. It looked like Mardis Gras except that he was throwing capsules of heroin instead of beads.

I saw a couple for crack testers , but I saw testers for heroin on a regular, often weekly basis , I guess since heroin users always seem to be looking for that little bit better high. For guys who haven't worked BC, the brand names for heroin are fiercely protected, and a lot of shootings are over other dealers "counterfeiting" a good selling brand of heroin. Trademark infringements are taken seriously, there.

Some of the brand names when I was there were "Homicide", "Bad Dreams", "Tec-9", and "Black and Red".

Like I said, you just have to have seen it to believe it.

PS: Is Crazy Teddy still alive, or still out, and hanging out in the WD and NWD?

He was a funny one. He ripped off drug dealers for a living, and had been shot in the face with a .357 and lived. He was a convicted felon and got jacked up constantly, so he couldn't carry a gun. I had an informant tell me of him going to a drug crew on a corner, and telling the money man to give him all of their money. The money guy said to Teddy, "But, you don't even have a gun," Crazy Teddy said, "Do you want me to go get one?", and they didn't so a crew of about eight guys just gave him all of their money.

Comment

He was a funny one. He ripped off drug dealers for a living, and had been shot in the face with a .357 and lived. He was a convicted felon and got jacked up constantly, so he couldn't carry a gun. I had an informant tell me of him going to a drug crew on a corner, and telling the money man to give him all of their money. The money guy said to Teddy, "But, you don't even have a gun," Crazy Teddy said, "Do you want me to go get one?", and they didn't so a crew of about eight guys just gave him all of their money.
      LMAO!!!!!!
      "Intelligence plus character that is the goal of true education." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Another question guys: Whats the deal with back-up weapons? I just read on another forum that carrying BUGs is prohibited by the General Orders? Is this true?

Comment

Originally posted by Group 29

Now that is classic stuff. B-more hoodies don't play games at all
          Leave Space Empty

Comment

Originally posted by Kashihara
            Another question guys: Whats the deal with back-up weapons? I just read on another forum that carrying BUGs is prohibited by the General Orders? Is this true?
            You can carry a Glock .40. Thats all you are allowed. You get caught with a second gun....Good Luck.

Why? There are many reasons. Once you get hired you can hear the reasons and the stories.
            GO CAVS!!

Comment

Originally posted by B-More Dawg
              Why? hear the stories.

Comment

Another quick one- I've been trying to get a straight answer from recruitment for a couple of weeks. Is the BPD "interview" a traditional three to four person oral board where you're deluged by probing questions by intimidating officers and command staff?

Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

From what I can recall, I dont believe so. Again if it is (which I dont believe it is), just be honest with all the questions. If you never did drugs, then say it. Dont change your answer later on down the road and say, Well... there was this one time, etc., etc., etc.

Comment

Originally posted by NightStix View Post
                    Well... there was this one time, etc., etc., etc.

unless it was at bandcamp
                    Leave Space Empty

Comment

Originally posted by GPOC View Post
                      unless it was at bandcamp
                      If it really was like that, than I may need to go back in time I go join the band.

Comment

Originally posted by NightStix View Post
                        From what I can recall, I dont believe so. Again if it is (which I dont believe it is), just be honest with all the questions. If you never did drugs, then say it. Dont change your answer later on down the road and say, Well... there was this one time, etc., etc., etc.
                        Thanks for the clarification again. This is the first department I've heard of with no structured oral board process.

Fortunately, I never had any interest in band. Probably something to do with my forced piano and violin lessons.

Comment

I think for the most part is just an interview with "your" recruiter.

Comment

Another quick question for you guys: Could you tell me what a Police Agent is? I'm confused by the classification. It is similar to a CSO (Community Service Officer). One of the BPD's sworn spokespersons (Donny Moses) is referred to as a police agent and I'm just curious as to what the equivalent is in other departments. Thanks again fellas.

Comment

Agent is an officer with a four year degree. Not sure if they give the title anymore though. My wife never got the agent title when she was there but had a four year degree.

Never thought to ask her why. Does that make me a bad husband??
                              Last edited by Metro174; 08-15-2007, 09:17 PM.
                              In God we trust, all others are run MILES and NCIC.

Comment

From what I remember the police agent position started like a few hundred more than the police officer position but in the long run you will make more as well as top out at more.
                                "Damned if you do and damned if you dont"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10125 users online. 370 members and 9755 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X