300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DetJohnShaft View Post
    Seen some BPD officers today at work...I believe they they were from the southern district midnight shift. I guess they were doing the annual DT in-service training. I lost count how many officers came through, but if they were all from the midnight shift.....holy hell.
    could have been diamond training if it was a whole shift and they were doing DT.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
      could have been diamond training if it was a whole shift and they were doing DT.
      Ah okay.... what does the southern district cover? The area around the harbor is the central district right?

Comment

• Originally posted by DetJohnShaft View Post
        Ah okay.... what does the southern district cover? The area around the harbor is the central district right?
        southern includes cherry hill, federal hill, harbor hospital, etc... the last exits going south from the harbor tunnel are all southern district.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
          southern includes cherry hill, federal hill, harbor hospital, etc... the last exits going south from the harbor tunnel are all southern district.
          Gotcha....that's what I thought, but I wasn't 100% sure. Thanks for the info...

Comment

• This Google map overlay does a good job showing the district boundaries.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...764a286a8&z=12
            Baltimore, where the police are the perps and the perps are the victims

Comment

• Does anybody here know if BPD is going to have any more of the 2day processing or expedited processing events in the future. BPD's website shows that they only have one scheduled for the 27th of May. I have to be 20.5 to take the tests and that doesn't happen until mid june, and i would rather make the least amount of trips possible (i'm coming from WI) Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.

Comment

• So if I am reading the thread correct BPD hires you and you do office work and stuff until the academy starts?

Comment

• Originally posted by vrsimmel View Post
                  So if I am reading the thread correct BPD hires you and you do office work and stuff until the academy starts?
                  They put you to work yes, but whether its office work depends on both their needs and how long before your academy starts. Being assigned to QM or E and T are both fairly common, as i understand it.

By the way, was anyone on here at the written last night when the commisioner came down and scared the life out of the applicants?

Comment

• Originally posted by belichick10 View Post
                    They put you to work yes, but whether its office work depends on both their needs and how long before your academy starts. Being assigned to QM or E and T are both fairly common, as i understand it.

By the way, was anyone on here at the written last night when the commisioner came down and scared the life out of the applicants?
                    No what happened?
                    The Few, The Proud, The Marines...

Comment

• mehlbergc...i contacted the recruitment office a couple weeks ago and said there was a 2 day expediated process event june 12-13, not sure if that helps out with your case or not. I'm attending that myself from MA, went to college in Milwaukee though.

Comment

• thanks alot sennis...I'll try and get ahold of them and see what else i need to do for that. On another topic, how competitive is the actual process. I've read through alot of the pages and not a whole lot of people said that they did not get hired (i know only a small percentage of applicants actually use this site).
                        Last edited by mehlbergc; 05-25-2011, 05:16 PM.

Comment

• I believe it's every 2-3 out of every 100 applicants

Comment

• ^ I was told the same thing. A lot of people seem to have drug/arrest histories that get them knocked out. Integrity issues as well. Always tell the truth, no matter who is asking or what the question is. If you get caught up in a lie or change your story, you are done.

How's 1102 doing, Blue?
                            “Justice, sir, is the great interest of man on earth. It is the ligament which holds civilized beings and civilized nations together.” -Daniel Webster

Guess we'll find out just how blue my blood runs after PSI does their thing. Anything goes in pursuit of the badge...

Comment

• Can anyone tell me how far in advance the recruiters will know the hiring schedule (specifically expedited process). I can't come down until July I hope BPD is still hiring then.....I get more holidays, vac days and personal days 1 July...haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Lights&Sirens View Post
                                ^ I was told the same thing. A lot of people seem to have drug/arrest histories that get them knocked out. Integrity issues as well. Always tell the truth, no matter who is asking or what the question is. If you get caught up in a lie or change your story, you are done.

How's 1102 doing, Blue?
                                Hey we're doing good .. we're coming together really well .. you back in homicide?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16001 users online. 360 members and 15641 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X