Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passed my written psych yesterday. Next step is medical Wednesday. Then hopefully I get promptly hired!!!

Comment

• Congrats bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Law View Post
        Passed my written psych yesterday. Next step is medical Wednesday. Then hopefully I get promptly hired!!!
        Written psych? You sure you dont mean oral? Is the medical all you have left?
        ✓

Comment

• didnt see anyone post this, but some good news for BPD Officers and applicants (if you get hired)

Governor O'Malley signed binding arbitration into effect for BPD. we finally have recourse when it comes to crappy contract offers from city hall.

Comment

• I'm very happy for you Guy's/Gals you deserve it! Didn't like that last hit you all took.
            Glad to hear it Jvegas!!!
            MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

• what does that mean?

Comment

• hehe .. (was thinking the same thing)

Comment

• Originally posted by irishman585 View Post
                  what does that mean?
                  It means that the negotiation process goes to a 3rd party arbitrator, who is not partial to either sides, to resolve any disputes. Whatever that arbitrator decides, both parties must abide by it, hence the term "Binding Arbitration".
                  Baltimore, where the police are the perps and the perps are the victims

Comment

• Originally posted by MDLegend19 View Post
                    Written psych? You sure you dont mean oral? Is the medical all you have left?
                    Sorry oral psych is what I meant. However yes medical is all I have left.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
                      didnt see anyone post this, but some good news for BPD Officers and applicants (if you get hired)

Governor O'Malley signed binding arbitration into effect for BPD. we finally have recourse when it comes to crappy contract offers from city hall.
                      When is the next contract up for negotiation? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
                        didnt see anyone post this, but some good news for BPD Officers and applicants (if you get hired)

Meh...they'll find a way to screw you guys like the other Baltimore did us.

We "won" a binding arb. case two contacts ago...we didnt walk away with half the things in the award because they loop holed it.

Comment

• Does anybody know how long the written exam takes? Tryin to plan my trip. Thanks.
                          Stay safe out there

"Cancel that central, its a moose"

Comment

• Originally posted by Name Taken View Post
                            Meh...they'll find a way to screw you guys like the other Baltimore did us.

We "won" a binding arb. case two contacts ago...we didnt walk away with half the things in the award because they loop holed it.
                            i [think] we are golden with this new contract. the mayor (who was previously against this) streamlined this through the process for us and there are rumors of a raise (ending the 2% furloughs plus a 1% raise) coming due to the election year. after that, who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iam80sBilly View Post
                              When is the next contract up for negotiation? Thanks.
                              all contracts are started in June and end up being finalized around august-ish.

Comment

• Seen some BPD officers today at work...I believe they they were from the southern district midnight shift. I guess they were doing the annual DT in-service training. I lost count how many officers came through, but if they were all from the midnight shift.....holy hell.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13867 users online. 474 members and 13393 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X