Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did they tell you the timeline was going to be?

And jcioccke did you end up taking the two day test given in auburn

Comment

• Originally posted by irishman585 View Post
      What did they tell you the timeline was going to be?

And jcioccke did you end up taking the two day test given in auburn
      2 months. What did they tell you?
      ✓

Comment

• Day two down, and really really sweaty .. really not that bad - just put the BS out of your mind

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueChord11B View Post
          Day two down, and really really sweaty .. really not that bad - just put the BS out of your mind
          just wait and see how sweaty you get in uniform (long sleeves) while getting smoked in june/july.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
            just wait and see how sweaty you get in uniform (long sleeves) while getting smoked in june/july.
            Yeah, i've already said screw it and decided to just finish the whole sleeve .. not like i'm going to be able to hide what I already have lol

Comment

• Do you sign a contract and if so how long are you obligated with the Department?

Comment

• Originally posted by vrsimmel View Post
                Do you sign a contract and if so how long are you obligated with the Department?
                You sign something that lays out the cost to train you and it says if you leave the department within two years they can come after your for the money. Whether they actually do or not, couldn't say.

Comment

• Originally posted by vrsimmel View Post
                  Do you sign a contract and if so how long are you obligated with the Department?
                  you do, but the dept has never gone after anyone for the costs.

Comment

• Jvegas,

or any other veteran in the dept, what is the main amount of time it takes for a BI to call you after you finish your written psych, if your packet gets passed on to backrounds.

Comment

Jvegas,

or any other veteran in the dept, what is the main amount of time it takes for a BI to call you after you finish your written psych, if your packet gets passed on to backrounds.
                      Im not a vet but the time between your written psych and initial bi meeting is usually the longest waiting period of the whole process not counting final processing call...
                      The Few, The Proud, The Marines...

Comment

• Originally posted by fabolous084 View Post
                        Im not a vet but the time between your written psych and initial bi meeting is usually the longest waiting period of the whole process not counting final processing call...
                        as far as i know, the steps are offered in various orders and do not follow any strict order. its more about what steps have openings and how far progressed you are. from what i remember, when i was hired, my initial BI meeting was about 3 weeks after my agility, followed by my poly which was about 2 months later, then the written psych was a month later, and then the oral psych was a few weeks later. after the oral psych, i feel like things went smoother and came quicker. back then, i was hired in about 5 months, whereas others in my class (MiGuy) were hired within 3 months. I had a minor criminal charge that was nolle pros'd (after the accuser admitted to filing false charges in court) on my record which had to be expunged. expungement takes about 90 days in MD.

i know it might be asking too much, but for your sake, please go and follow some time lines from recent hires. fabolous84 and bluechord are some good ones to reference. i think both of them posted throughout their whole process.
                        Last edited by jvegas; 05-20-2011, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• @ irishman:

The length of time really depends on how busy the department is and how close the anticipated start date of the next Academy is... The closer it comes, the more pressure there is to fill up all of the available seats and get started (as close to) on time (as possible). It's also going to depend on your test results and who your BI is. My own BI was excellent; he called me regularly, made sure I had all of the information I needed, and encouraged me through every step of the process. He was excited for me, enjoyed his job, and it showed.

I remember after the written psych and the initial interview/overview of the packet, the officer who I was speaking with told me (and I'm paraphrasing...) "It'll probably be about 2 months before you'll get a call... 2 weeks if you're very, very lucky." I received a call 6 days later from my BI.

You have to be patient throughout this process. If you feel like you need to, call your BI regularly once you've been assigned one. Stay organized, turn everything in on time, and show up to appointments 10-15 minutes EARLY (my BI actually commented on my punctuality... everything you do is observed). I know it can be hard to just sit around and wait for a phone call, but you will receive one eventually--hopefully to introduce you to your BI, and if not... At least you'll know to move on to something else or another agency.

Good luck!
                          “Justice, sir, is the great interest of man on earth. It is the ligament which holds civilized beings and civilized nations together.” -Daniel Webster

Guess we'll find out just how blue my blood runs after PSI does their thing. Anything goes in pursuit of the badge...

Comment

Jvegas,

Everyone is different .. after I finished my written psych I was called within the week .. Some people it may take a few weeks, others a month. Just remember if you still haven't heard anything, you're still in the process.

Comment

• Thanks everyone for the thorough answers, i appreciate it. Good luck to everyone ill keep everyone posted thanks again

Comment

• It was about two months after my written psych that I received my rejection letter most likely from a written psych issue or my background. So I'd say about two months. Others, from what I read, are being contacted by a background investigator much sooner than this.
                                13O2 Aug '10
                                List: <1000

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12769 users online. 400 members and 12369 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X