Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys! Did my first ride along with City tonight in the Eastern! It was CRAZY!!!!! Did a traffic stop first that ended up turning up no license, open container, and a couple other things. So he got locked up. Next call we back up on two loiterers, and they had crack on them so they got locked up. Next call was my first shooting. It ended up turning into a homicide. I've never seen a homicide before, and to be honest I thought it would be more gruesome than it actually was. The rest of the night was spent at Hopkins, ECU, and Homicide. We got out about an hour before the end of the shift, but nothing really went down besides a Sig 13 that was too far away to get to in time. It was tons of fun, and I can't wait to go on another ride along with City.

I don't remember if I told you all, but I have my interview and psychological on January 6th. I'm very excited since it looks like I am being considered for the February class (maybe March depending on if it gets pushed back). Anyway, I just wanted to give you all my fun stories from the ride along.

Comment

• Originally posted by croc1234 View Post
      MDNG1297,
      I am also military and need to remind you to please be careful with what you post. You should not be talking about sensitive operations. Just a word of caution.

I second this.

Comment

• hey guys quick backround 42 year old male took some tests in new york. that were i am from . waiting to get some calls.anyway i come a family of law enforcement. i always wanted to be in lawenforcement. always had a good paying job( still do) and went though a divorce in the early 90's and did not want to get in something i could not put my all into. ( i am very very much involved with my sons) anyway now they are older and i want follow my dream . and new york is getting so expensive to live.so here come the questions.1) how are my chances on getting on down there? 2)they said you have to have basic colors when i was in the army i failed the dot test but passed the red //green is this good enough? 3) if i pass everything how long for the call? thanks alot for all help in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by freddy2times View Post
          hey guys quick backround 42 year old male took some tests in new york. that were i am from . waiting to get some calls.anyway i come a family of law enforcement. i always wanted to be in lawenforcement. always had a good paying job( still do) and went though a divorce in the early 90's and did not want to get in something i could not put my all into. ( i am very very much involved with my sons) anyway now they are older and i want follow my dream . and new york is getting so expensive to live.so here come the questions.1) how are my chances on getting on down there? 2)they said you have to have basic colors when i was in the army i failed the dot test but passed the red //green is this good enough? 3) if i pass everything how long for the call? thanks alot for all help in advance.
          man, no offense, but your typing/spelling/grammar needs some work, it was hard to get through that... maybe im still asleep.

as far as age, 42 is nothing for BPD. we had several people in their 40's that all passed. the color thing is a question for a recruiter and they will probably tell you apply and see what happens (since the test is given by the clinic). the usual process length is 3 months.

Comment

• Sorry about the typing /spelling thing jvegas.I was in a rush this morning. (no excuse)Anyway thanks for the help.

Comment

• Just some advice freddy. Make sure you put at least one space between the period of one sentence and the beginning of another. Some people put two spaces, like myself, because I was taught that way by my father, who has a masters in english and literature. Also if you are going to use parenthesis, they go before the end of a sentence with the period at the end. For instance: I was in a rush this morning (no excuse). I would avoid using parenthesis if you can. All parenthesis can be avoided by the proper use of commas. For instance: I was in a rush this morning, but I have no excuse. I just wanted to offer my two cents and thought maybe this might help.

Comment

• Are you guys serious? Leave the guy's grammar alone. Dang ya'll are unnecessarily rough.. Anyways, to answer your question. If you are from New York you can take the out of state testing. It's always been a 4 day process and I was hired within 27 days of that first day of testing. People are saying that it is now broken into you have to come down twice to test. So if that's true, I don't know how long it will take. I'm still assuming it will be rather quick. The best thing to do is to call the recruiter and find out because like I said, things may have changed in the testing process since I've done it.

As far as your english goes, don't take offense to those posts. I've seen peoples reports and you are far ahead of the game. But as Jvegas said, we had some 40 something year olds in our class and you should have no problem whatsoever as long as you push yourself. Good luck, any questions feel free to ask them here or pm me.

Comment

• I didn't mean my post offensively at all, I was just offering advice that's all. Just figured I would try to help him out if he wasn't familiar with it. I do that a lot because my dad drilled it into me haha. Anyway, freddy if you need any help with the process, I'm also going through it so I may be able to help. Feel free to PM me if you would like.

Comment

• MiGuy thanks for the help.Wheels 64 no offense taken also thanks for the help.If i have any other questions i will pm you guys. Have a great holiday and thanks again.

Comment

• Hey All,

Potential BPD applicant here.

Can you give me the run down on the current state of the department? (morale, futire outlook, promotion potential etc)

I also considering D.C Metro and MSP.

Thanks!

oh, and 1 more question-- once you are out of patrol in in a specialized unit, does BPD ever put you out to work patrol at times for whatever reason? Or are you strictly with your unit?
                      Last edited by mjcek; 12-24-2008, 10:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjcek View Post
                        Hey All,

Potential BPD applicant here.

Can you give me the run down on the current state of the department? (morale, futire outlook, promotion potential etc)

I also considering D.C Metro and MSP.

Thanks!

oh, and 1 more question-- once you are out of patrol in in a specialized unit, does BPD ever put you out to work patrol at times for whatever reason? Or are you strictly with your unit?
                        Early posts in this thread address pretty much all your questions but the last.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiGuy View Post
                          Are you guys serious? Leave the guy's grammar alone. Dang ya'll are unnecessarily rough..
                          dont think i was being rough, and i wasnt being particular about his english/typing... i was mainly talking about the missing words/fragment sentences. miguy is right though, some people cant form a complete sentence, much less spell common words (putting steel instead of steal is the most frequent i have seen).

also, MiGuy, you have lots of mail at the old house.

Comment

• MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Oh man! Wheels, you stole my glory! Sounds like a busy day! Never a dull moment in bmore I tell ya. There's always some idiots around the corner acting stupid. Man...it's only been like 3 weeks since I started the process, but it feels like its been awhile. Still have yet to get a call from a BI. I'm guessing around 2nd week of January is when a BI will start the investigation. I kinda wanted to start the new year by entering the academy, but couple months isn't that off. I'm patient, but waiting sucks! Merry Christmas all!

Comment

• Originally posted by wheels64 View Post
                                I've never seen a homicide before, and to be honest I thought it would be more gruesome than it actually was.
                                I've seen a dead Iraqis before, one was all burnt up, I could smell his burnt flesh and hair. Then there's a time when we found a foot, 10 feet down the road, an arm, 5 feet down the road, a torso, then few steps, a head. We think he stepped on a landmine. We called him a particle man. Just like you wheels, I thought it'd be more gruesome, but it wasn't.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7850 users online. 450 members and 7400 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X