Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also for the love of all that is holy, DO NOT forget your buddy's time when he's burning up the track. You may run fast enough to get a 0:00:00...
    Last edited by Suicide Pace; 05-14-2011, 12:56 PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

• Originally posted by Lights&Sirens View Post
      Just as we got onto the track, some kid stuck his head out of one of the back doors of the school and yelled, "F*** THE PO-LICE!" We all got a giggle out of it. Someone behind me said something to the effect of "Yeah, well the police will f*** you back, son." Small taste of things to come, lol.

All in all... not a horrible day. I fully expect to be given remedial PT, but hey... if I have to work out an hour more a day, even during Hell Week, that's what I'll do. I want this job more than anything.

Also... our boy Billy banged out that mile and a half in a cool 9 minutes 30 seconds. Took me a minute to pick my jaw up off the floor. Everyone did an awesome job. I think, once we get some of the "follow basic instructions" issues out of the way, we're going to have a very good class.

Now let's get through Monday!
      Whats up Lights! Yeah I'll prolly be joining you in remedial for botching my partners time, It was hard to hear over the cheering and support. When I get smoked for it on monday I'll be sure to respond "Sir, No excuse Sir". That was hilarious when when that guy poked his head out the door and said F**** the Police! Anyways our class seems to be pretty straight, we showed great support for eachother yesterday and collaborated real efficiently about what to bring on monday, Im looking forward to making some lifelong connections in my career.

Comment

• Does anyone know when the next Academy class is set to start? I've been in the process since Jan, but lately things have seems to be flying by in the last month. Finally turned in my packet received my BI, taken the polygraph. My Oral psych is scheduled for the 22nd, and medical 25th. I am flying high right now. My BI says I'm a really good candidate, and perhaps they'll hire me before the next class.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Law View Post
          Does anyone know when the next Academy class is set to start? I've been in the process since Jan, but lately things have seems to be flying by in the last month. Finally turned in my packet received my BI, taken the polygraph. My Oral psych is scheduled for the 22nd, and medical 25th. I am flying high right now. My BI says I'm a really good candidate, and perhaps they'll hire me before the next class.
          Probably 2-3 months

Comment

Just as we got onto the track, some kid stuck his head out of one of the back doors of the school and yelled, "F*** THE PO-LICE!" We all got a giggle out of it. Someone behind me said something to the effect of "Yeah, well the police will f*** you back, son." Small taste of things to come, lol.

All in all... not a horrible day. I fully expect to be given remedial PT, but hey... if I have to work out an hour more a day, even during Hell Week, that's what I'll do. I want this job more than anything.

Also... our boy Billy banged out that mile and a half in a cool 9 minutes 30 seconds. Took me a minute to pick my jaw up off the floor. Everyone did an awesome job. I think, once we get some of the "follow basic instructions" issues out of the way, we're going to have a very good class.

Now let's get through Monday!
            Remedial won't start until after receiving week...
            The Few, The Proud, The Marines...

Comment

• Originally posted by fabolous084 View Post
              Remedial won't start until after receiving week...
              Did you guys usually get out around 4-5 during that week?

Comment

• Can't wait for tomorrow to be over with!

Comment

• One day at a time, Blue! Just keep in mind... we NEVER have to do Day 0 again, and after tomorrow, we NEVER have to do Day 1 again! 3 weeks from now we start EVOC training, that should be something we all look forward to.

Every time you hurt, remind yourself that it means you're getting stronger. Let's show the instructors we mean business and we'll keep TRYING no matter how tired we are. As long as we all stick together and stay supportive, it won't matter how much we get yelled at or "punished." I can't tell you how much it meant yesterday when one of our classmates ran with me after his heat to keep me moving. That made all the difference in the world.

Let's just keep the machine running smoothly by everyone bringing what they're supposed to, doing what they're supposed to, and remembering the protocols. They are going to have NO patience for some of the BS we pulled Friday. Let's show them we won't make the same mistakes twice.

We'll figure out everyone's strengths and weaknesses and help each other through this.

C'mon 11-02, let's go!
                  Last edited by Lights&Sirens; 05-15-2011, 02:41 PM.
                  “Justice, sir, is the great interest of man on earth. It is the ligament which holds civilized beings and civilized nations together.” -Daniel Webster

Guess we'll find out just how blue my blood runs after PSI does their thing. Anything goes in pursuit of the badge...

Comment

• In all reality...dont take the academy TOO seriously. Show up, try your best, go home uninjured.

Comment

• Yeah, it's looking like it's going to form into a watered down boot camp for a week or two, then mostly training from there. Like one of the instructors told us, "no matter how bad it gets just remember you get to go home at the end of the day."
                      Last edited by BlueChord11B; 05-15-2011, 08:30 PM.

Comment

• And Hell Week is, as he pointed out repeatedly, only 5 business days. There's no reason to quit a five day workout schedule, no matter how awful it may seem. Nothing some Icy Hot, extra strength aspirin, and sleeping in your own bed can't handle.
                        “Justice, sir, is the great interest of man on earth. It is the ligament which holds civilized beings and civilized nations together.” -Daniel Webster

Guess we'll find out just how blue my blood runs after PSI does their thing. Anything goes in pursuit of the badge...

Comment

• Hey Guys, I noticed the process for BPD moves along pretty fast. I still got a year left of school for my BA, I was wondering if I should apply later on? do they stop giving the test at a certain point like other agencies? I want to finish up school first but dont want to miss up on a chance with the BPD
                          “I'm glad to hear that the Chief (of Police) is a personal friend of yours. So you know someone who can post your bail.”

Comment

And Hell Week is, as he pointed out repeatedly, only 5 business days. There's no reason to quit a five day workout schedule, no matter how awful it may seem. Nothing some Icy Hot, extra strength aspirin, and sleeping in your own bed can't handle.

YOU ARE ALL LUCKY!!!! Just remember no matter how bad it gets, our academy MSP is live in, so after alll the torture and pain, we have no outside world contact, a bed that's been passed down for generations and a work schedule of 5 am to whenever they feel like letting us go to bed. So def. NEVER give up!

Comment

• Just a reminder: Bring a pocket dictionary and combination lock tomorrow! I know we didn't mention it at the end of the day Friday, but it's in the packet we were given. I JUST ran up to Walmart to get the lock--totally forgot about it!

Comment

And Hell Week is, as he pointed out repeatedly, only 5 business days. There's no reason to quit a five day workout schedule, no matter how awful it may seem. Nothing some Icy Hot, extra strength aspirin, and sleeping in your own bed can't handle.
                                I can't wait to get my opportunity in the Academy. I def up for the challenge.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9313 users online. 266 members and 9047 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X