Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nic820 View Post
    im colorblind to and i just got hired
    Thanks and congrats on getting hired! How long was your process total?

Originally posted by Lights&Sirens View Post
    My boyfriend is also colorblind. After being told Michigan wouldn't certify him due to his color deficiency (and after I got hired by BPD), he started looking to their specific standards and testing. He was told that it's case-by-case, and that it's not necessarily a DQ. They told him to come down and start the process and they'd try to work with him. I've met several officers who currently work for BPD who are colorblind and were actually surprised to hear that BPD had anything about color vision up on the webpage and/or that we even take a basic color vision test during the physical.

Call and ask about it, but if I were you... I'd come down and at least sit through the Q&A.
    Yea, Michigan gave me the boot too. I worked as an Aux officer without issue and pretty much was going to have a full time gig after MCOLES with them but alas.....color issues. I will definitely call somebody. Things are looking good with your and Nic's info. I should probably call as Chicago -> Baltimore is a pretty penny
    Last edited by saultsaultsudio; 05-11-2011, 04:13 AM.
    Stay safe out there

"Cancel that central, its a moose"

Comment

• Thanks a lot, I guess I'll be attending the one in Auburn.
      Originally posted by NYCcollegeGirl View Post
      For those of you curious I copied and pasted the info the recruiter sent me. Hope it helps

People interested in applying for a position are encouraged to show
      up
      30 minutes before the start time and to bring athletic gear for the
      fitness test.

The written exam tests the areas that are important for success as a
      police officer, including the ability to learn, remember, and apply
      facts; ability to remember faces and details about people and events
      ability to use logic and reasoning to problems related to police
      work;
      and personal interests.

The fitness test challenges applicants to complete sit-ups (29) and
      push-ups (20 for men, 10 for women) within a minute, demonstrate
      flexibility, run 1.5 miles in 16:28 minutes, and control a firearm
      in
      both the weak and strong hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lights&Sirens View Post
        I'm almost 100% sure we're starting on Friday, Blue. My supervisors in Homicide all told me today it's definitely on for the 13th. I've heard we should be getting an e-mail from E&T shortly... I also heard that our class adviser is a really good guy. I talked to someone today who had a lot of nice things to say about him... that's good to know, right?
        whos your advisor? you can PM me if you want.

Comment

• It is 100% official .. we are a go as of tomorrow

Comment

• Pre-Academy Orientation?

Originally posted by BlueChord11B View Post
            It is 100% official .. we are a go as of tomorrow
            Just received a message from a P.O.T. at the academy corroborated by my unit's sergeant. Hopefully you will have received a call. We're to assemble at the academy before Friday. I suggest contacting your supervisor or another trainee for specifics if you are not already aware of this.
            Last edited by Suicide Pace; 05-11-2011, 06:08 PM. Reason: TMI

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
              whos your advisor? you can PM me if you want.
              I was told our advisor would be Sgt. Casey. Did everyone here get a call today? 1300 we meet for our breifing at E&T. Yeah baby the heat is comming on monday!
              Last edited by Iam80sBilly; 05-11-2011, 10:21 PM. Reason: Poor Spelling

Comment

• 32 people are going to be in the class initially. And yea I got a call to be there at 1 pm.

Comment

• Good Luck everyone on the beginning of your Academy. Don't quit remember how long it took to get there!!
                  MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

• Hey guys, can someone tell me the difference between the may 15th expedited 2 day event and the may 27th 2 day event? I cant seem to open up there PDF flyers on the computer. Thanks.

Comment

• If I remember correctly I think with the expedited you meet with the BI
                      The two day you test and pt that's it. But I could be wrong but that's what I remember from awhile ago after asking the same question.
                      MDRDEP:

Comment

• Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
                        If I remember correctly I think with the expedited you meet with the BI
                        The two day you test and pt that's it. But I could be wrong but that's what I remember from awhile ago after asking the same question.
                        That would make sense than since the regular two day event the recruiter told me not to worry about paperwork of any kind, just need pt clothes. I guess for the expedited event we would need to print and fill out one of those packets from online to give to the BI?

Comment

• http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/14613899

Congratulations to my Boys in this class 05/10/2011
                          MDRDEP:

Comment

• Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
                            Congratulations to my Boys in this class 05/10/2011
                            Thanks!
                            I'm currently looking to rent a room out to a Baltimore Police Trainee, message me for details! Drive time to academy is under 30 minutes!

Written: 2/16
                            PAT: 3/27
                            Psych Written: 4/21
                            Background Packet Submitted: 5/10
                            Psych Oral: 5/13
                            Polygraph: 5/15
                            Medical: 5/26
                            Final Processing: 7/16
                            Hired: 7/21

Comment

• I never knew what the Cassidy (sorry if I spelled it wrong) award was. He is truly a remarkable man. It must have been an honor to meet him and for the young lady to win the award. God Bless all of you; and good luck out there!
                              Last edited by jcioccke; 05-12-2011, 05:06 PM.
                              MDRDEP:

Comment

• So... what exactly are we bringing in with us tomorrow? Information seemed to get confused towards the end... Do we just bring what we need for tomorrow or all the gear issued by the QM as well? Maryland LE Supply did not have the large duffel bag we need for our stuff, so I picked up a smaller bag that was available and hoped I could run out to a military supply store tomorrow after we get cut loose to get the right one... I'm just wondering if we even needed the big bag for tomorrow if we're only bringing our PT gear, lunch, water, etc.

See you all at 0700!
                                “Justice, sir, is the great interest of man on earth. It is the ligament which holds civilized beings and civilized nations together.” -Daniel Webster

Guess we'll find out just how blue my blood runs after PSI does their thing. Anything goes in pursuit of the badge...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11358 users online. 374 members and 10984 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X