300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 585UDapp View Post
    I didn't know you could take the test in Auburn. How do you register for that one?
    Don't need to register

Comment

Auburn Campus
      197 Franklin Street
      Auburn, N.Y. 13021

Time: May 14, 2011 @ 10 A.M. Civil Service Test

Comment

• Originally posted by ClairCR View Post
        Oh ok, Just to clarify for the fitness test its ok to wear contacts but when I go to the physical with the doctor I have to take them out.
        Yes.

Comment

• For those of you curious I copied and pasted the info the recruiter sent me. Hope it helps

People interested in applying for a position are encouraged to show
          up
          30 minutes before the start time and to bring athletic gear for the
          fitness test.

The written exam tests the areas that are important for success as a
          police officer, including the ability to learn, remember, and apply
          facts; ability to remember faces and details about people and events
          ability to use logic and reasoning to problems related to police
          work;
          and personal interests.

The fitness test challenges applicants to complete sit-ups (29) and
          push-ups (20 for men, 10 for women) within a minute, demonstrate
          flexibility, run 1.5 miles in 16:28 minutes, and control a firearm
          in
          both the weak and strong hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by TANNER100
            I had never used drugs in my life or abused any prescription drug period. I honestly don't know why I didn't make it any further in the process. The only black mark I have on my record is an NJP from the Marine Corps. but it was not for anything too serious. I really don't know why I didn't make it any further in the process but maybe I did bad on the psych?
            The NJP may have gotten you. I know a guy that got dropped out of the process with another department for getting an Art 15. He got it for selling dip and cigarettes in boot camp. Not really a big deal, but they dropped him on it.

Comment

• Question for anyone who may know...I noticed today there was a graduation for the most recent class. If I'm not mistaken the next class is May 13, do they only run 1 class at a time and if so is it 6 months? I assume that would mean the next class would be in the late fall?

Comment

• Originally posted by gm7988 View Post
                Question for anyone who may know...I noticed today there was a graduation for the most recent class. If I'm not mistaken the next class is May 13, do they only run 1 class at a time and if so is it 6 months? I assume that would mean the next class would be in the late fall?
                They are currently running 3 classes not counting the one that graduated today, so I guess you can do the math...
                The Few, The Proud, The Marines...

Comment

• Originally posted by gm7988 View Post
                  Question for anyone who may know...I noticed today there was a graduation for the most recent class. If I'm not mistaken the next class is May 13, do they only run 1 class at a time and if so is it 6 months? I assume that would mean the next class would be in the late fall?
                  No. The class starts the starts Friday will be joining two already in session, starting in December and March. The next one would start in a few months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lights&Sirens View Post
                    From http://www.baltimorepolice.org/:

"Applicants must have the ability to recognize basic colors."
                    That sounds rather dubious for somebody who is red-green color deficient (myself). Anybody know more specifics on this standard?
                    Stay safe out there

"Cancel that central, its a moose"

Comment

• My boyfriend is also colorblind. After being told Michigan wouldn't certify him due to his color deficiency (and after I got hired by BPD), he started looking to their specific standards and testing. He was told that it's case-by-case, and that it's not necessarily a DQ. They told him to come down and start the process and they'd try to work with him. I've met several officers who currently work for BPD who are colorblind and were actually surprised to hear that BPD had anything about color vision up on the webpage and/or that we even take a basic color vision test during the physical.

Call and ask about it, but if I were you... I'd come down and at least sit through the Q&A.
                      “Justice, sir, is the great interest of man on earth. It is the ligament which holds civilized beings and civilized nations together.” -Daniel Webster

Guess we'll find out just how blue my blood runs after PSI does their thing. Anything goes in pursuit of the badge...

Comment

• Originally posted by saultsaultsudio View Post
                        That sounds rather dubious for somebody who is red-green color deficient (myself). Anybody know more specifics on this standard?

im colorblind to and i just got hired

Comment

• Has anyone heard any confirmation on our May 13th class?

Comment

• I'm almost 100% sure we're starting on Friday, Blue. My supervisors in Homicide all told me today it's definitely on for the 13th. I've heard we should be getting an e-mail from E&T shortly... I also heard that our class adviser is a really good guy. I talked to someone today who had a lot of nice things to say about him... that's good to know, right?
                            “Justice, sir, is the great interest of man on earth. It is the ligament which holds civilized beings and civilized nations together.” -Daniel Webster

Guess we'll find out just how blue my blood runs after PSI does their thing. Anything goes in pursuit of the badge...

Comment

Last edited by 518upstate; 02-21-2013, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 518upstate View Post
                                Nic820, Congratulations on being hired.
                                Thanx

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17677 users online. 448 members and 17229 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X