300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone getting hired this week:

I have a line on a studio apartment in Fallston,MD. Its in the lower of the house im living in. Separate driveway/entrance. Good price and no lease. Its a REALLY nice area, and about a 30-40 min ride to the academy. PM me for details and ill hook you up with the Officer.

Comment

• Any female officers on here?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCcollegeGirl View Post
        Any female officers on here?
        Don't think so

Comment

• I take the blame for that- sorry. I PM them my picture and scared them away.
          MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

• If you are hired how long is the contract?

Comment

• My supervisor wears white socks with his shoes....all I can do is shake my head. Obviously, he did not get the memo.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCcollegeGirl View Post
                Any female officers on here?
                I haven't seen her on the boards in sometime. JVegas, I think she was in your class, or in a class or two behind you. TeeElle? I think that was her name on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by DetJohnShaft View Post
                  I haven't seen her on the boards in sometime. JVegas, I think she was in your class, or in a class or two behind you. TeeElle? I think that was her name on here.
                  oh ya, i forgot about her. she was after my class.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
                    oh ya, i forgot about her. she was after my class.
                    Hi, I was wondering if you did deferred compensation? I get sworn in Wednesday so I was just wondering what some officers thought of it. Thanks

Comment

• I'm not an Officer but I am very familar with Deffered compensation. If you have the means to do it, Do it.
                      It is a little nest egg that will help you have a comfortable retirement!!
                      MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
                        I'm not an Officer but I am very familar with Deffered compensation. If you have the means to do it, Do it.
                        It is a little nest egg that will help you have a comfortable retirement!!
                        +1
                        The Few, The Proud, The Marines...

Comment

• Everyone will tell you to do deferred comp.. listen to them. jvegas and his sgt told me to do it, everyone on the swat team said do it .. not to mention it's taken out before taxes

Comment

• Seems like the prevailing opinion is to do it...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cheyne0531 View Post
                              Hi, I was wondering if you did deferred compensation? I get sworn in Wednesday so I was just wondering what some officers thought of it. Thanks
                              i havent done it, but i wish i would have. with my wife in grad school and not working full-time, i couldnt squeeze it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
                                i havent done it, but i wish i would have. with my wife in grad school and not working full-time, i couldnt squeeze it.
                                As usual, I concur with JVegas. In the Dept I was at after BPD, they did a whole presentation on the deferred comp. It sucks because I don't think BPD contributes (Correct me if I'm wrong). However, it is a HUGE difference by retirement between putting in money at the beginning than starting it up years down the road. It will take A LOT more money to play catch up the longer you wait. My advice is to start right away and put as much as you can afford. Remember, as someone pointed out, it is taken out before your pay is taxed, take advantage of it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14480 users online. 270 members and 14210 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X