Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know, do you have to buy stuff before the academy starts for the first day?

Comment

• quick question: does leave policy apply as trainee? What happens in the event of a family emergency/injury during the academy? I'm guessing there is set # of hours/block of instruction a trainee can't afford to miss before getting recycled/sent home?

Comment

• I know everyone is talking about the 2 day one in Baltimore. but their having civil service exam and fitness test in one day on the 14th upstate NY??
        anyone interested in that one?

I'm thinking about it but not sure how I will do driving back on Sunday for the PT test.
        Last edited by jcioccke; 05-07-2011, 10:05 AM.
        MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

• Originally posted by cd124 View Post
          quick question: does leave policy apply as trainee? What happens in the event of a family emergency/injury during the academy? I'm guessing there is set # of hours/block of instruction a trainee can't afford to miss before getting recycled/sent home?
          leave policy does start, but dont expect to be able to use any days until you graduate. basically, all of your days get banked and then after graduation, you will have about 10 that need to be burned in a short time.

if a family emergency/death comes up, they will work with you...within reason. you get a certain number of bereavement days for different levels of family members. dont expect to get off for something minor like your brother breaking his arm and is in the hospital.

Comment

• I heard that if you get injured while in the Academy, you're out. Any truth to that?

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueChord11B View Post
              I heard that if you get injured while in the Academy, you're out. Any truth to that?
              Not true. You may be recycled to the next class depending on how hurt you are. Most people with minor injuries just are on light duty until they heal and stay with their class.

Comment

• Anyone want to chime in on the Academy? what do you guys do there for D.T. defensive tactics ? do you guys do full contact, arm guards, choke holds, triangles etc. or is it just pure sparring with limited to no contact? Also what kind of PT do you guys do cross fit? helen, chelsea workouts or the regular runs and gym training... also what are the hours of the academy? If anyone can help me out with this id appreciate it thanks!
                Last edited by Leohopefull90; 05-07-2011, 11:32 AM. Reason: many questions

Comment

• Originally posted by Leohopefull90 View Post
                  Anyone want to chime in on the Academy? what do you guys do there for D.T. defensive tactics ? do you guys do full contact, arm guards, choke holds, triangles etc. or is it just pure sparring with limited to no contact? Also what kind of PT do you guys do cross fit? helen, chelsea workouts or the regular runs and gym training... also what are the hours of the academy? If anyone can help me out with this id appreciate it thanks!
                  I am not going to comment on tactics because the bad guys who read this forum do not need to know the answers for this, but I will say this: you will get bruised up during DT. As far as PT goes, do your push ups, sit ups, and run run run.

Academy is 0800 to 1600, M-F.
                  Baltimore, where the police are the perps and the perps are the victims

Comment

• Originally posted by Cheyne0531 View Post
                    Does anyone know, do you have to buy stuff before the academy starts for the first day?
                    Need to buy black corfram shoes, black khaki pants, white dress shirt with a chest pocket, and a clip on tie. PT gear consists of running shoes, plain white calf high socks, blue shorts with no logo, compression shorts, and a plain white t-shirt. And for God's sakes, do not wear white socks with your corframs.
                    Baltimore, where the police are the perps and the perps are the victims

Comment

• do not wear white socks with your corframs.
                      LMAO that made me chuckle
                      MDRDEP:

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankieKnuckles View Post
                        Need to buy black corfram shoes, black khaki pants, white dress shirt with a chest pocket, and a clip on tie. PT gear consists of running shoes, plain white calf high socks, blue shorts with no logo, compression shorts, and a plain white t-shirt. And for God's sakes, do not wear white socks with your corframs.
                        That's funny, thanks for the head's up.

Comment

• Sorry, this really is my last question! If I am accepted, can I choose my academy class start date? I'm looking into the possibility of taking 6-8 months off after being accepted so I can attend the initial training for the Marine Reserves.

Comment

• I really want to go to that one too. where are you traveling from?

Comment

• Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
                              I'm thinking about it but not sure how I will do driving back on Sunday for the PT test.
                              I really want to go to that one too. where are you traveling from? I think its a way to get the foot in the door a bit earlier instead of waiting to the end of the month with everyone else

Comment

• I would be coming from Albany. You?
                                MDRDEP:

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18243 users online. 459 members and 17784 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X