Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey happy holidays to all... (and be safe patrolling). I am scheduled to take "Psych", on 12/24 , and Medical on 1/06, what's the deal with POLY? I fig. they would do that before the Medical? Is everybody a little diff. as far as I know that's all that I have left. Does anyone know when the next class starts, next yr? P.S. "wheels64" I hear ya on the PT testing I threw down a 8:57 run, and knocked down 58 situps....darn near failed the bench press though...LOL......good luck to all in the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDNG1297 View Post
      Hey happy holidays to all... (and be safe patrolling). I am scheduled to take "Psych", on 12/24 , and Medical on 1/06, what's the deal with POLY? I fig. they would do that before the Medical? Is everybody a little diff. as far as I know that's all that I have left. Does anyone know when the next class starts, next yr? P.S. "wheels64" I hear ya on the PT testing I threw down a 8:57 run, and knocked down 58 situps....darn near failed the bench press though...LOL......good luck to all in the process.
      typically classes are every 2 months. as far as poly, i think BPD still uses one polygraph, so the line may be backed up. i would imagine that you would be in for the class after 1/9, depending on when exactly it is.

Comment

• "jvegas"....thanks for the info. you in, or trying to get in?

Comment

"jvegas"....thanks for the info. you in, or trying to get in?
          im in. been in for a little over a year, along with MiGUY, Tiger Woody, and some veterans, BMORE DAWG, and NightStix, and slightly newer than myself, Tee Elle, and Icekold. really between the 7 of us, there is not a question that cant be answered here.

Comment

• Seems like I might need to look at the city as an LEO seeing as the counties are kind of getting stingy with hiring with the economy.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
              im in. been in for a little over a year, along with MiGUY, Tiger Woody, and some veterans, BMORE DAWG, and NightStix, and slightly newer than myself, Tee Elle, and Icekold. really between the 7 of us, there is not a question that cant be answered here.
              Congrats! and thanks for your service! I am in the National Guard and i have been assigned for xtra duty the 17 through the 20 of Jan, (High Speed stuff,) Protection of The NEW President, so excited about the oppor..... Just hope this does not conflict with me (If chosen) for the next academy? If there is one starting Jan 9th. Do you know if there is a class starting the 9th? Is it full? Be Safe fellas, see ya soon! (I hope)

Comment

• Originally posted by NightStix View Post
                Flacco, poor guy is literally being thrown to the wolves and I dont think he's ANYWHERE near ready for the big leagues.

Looks like I'll just sink with them and wallow in pity.
                Originally posted by bmorecop View Post
                Just read this from a few months ago...hehe
                WOW GREAT FIND!!! Tell you what, he showed me!!!! Now we are fighting with a PLAYOFF SPOT!!!!! COME ON SUNDAY!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WannaBBPD View Post
                  DITTO - to everything that has been said. I had to literally harass them on a daily basis to get the information that I needed. My guess is that you really need to stay in contact with your investigator because the holidays are here and a lot of them will be taking off during these next few weeks. The next class begins on 1/9/08 and it will be here before you know it. Good Luck, keep us posted!
                  Congrats on making it in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by dand2 View Post
                    It's interesting how some go through the process super quick...and other go much slower....guess it depends who you get working on your file?
                    From what I've noticed, I think the biggest factor in going through the process (provided you have no ciminal/ drugs/ fitness/ etc.) is your background. A lot of people I talked to, took several months to get hired. I got the call in a about 2 months, but I just got out of the USMC, clean background, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyer2007 View Post
                      Thanks!

Also, it appears that after reading through this huge thread, that the BPD will not be having a hiring freeze? In addition, based on someone's post, the 4-day has changed to a 2-day and they make you come out twice if you are out-of-state? Bummer, the 4-day was going to allow me to use much less vacation.
                      From what I've been able to tell, I don't think they will have a freeze. The department is too short on officers, not to be able to put through academy classes.

Also re-read post# 535. The out of state process is 4 days. However that person had already taken the written, so that probably saved him sometime.

I think, although some can clarify, you may want to take the Civil Service Test first.

Comment

Congrats! and thanks for your service! I am in the National Guard and i have been assigned for xtra duty the 17 through the 20 of Jan, (High Speed stuff,) Protection of The NEW President, so excited about the oppor..... Just hope this does not conflict with me (If chosen) for the next academy? If there is one starting Jan 9th. Do you know if there is a class starting the 9th? Is it full? Be Safe fellas, see ya soon! (I hope)
                        I wouldn't worry about if the class is full or not, just get in the door!! Take it from there then, you can always get hired and do odds and ends before the academy starts. Besides (don't tell anyone) I got the call around the Holidays (Friday before New Years Eve) and was told that if I wanted the job, come in Monday. Present employer at the time wasn't happy, oh well. However when I did start, that class had already started the week prior or something.

Comment

• MERRY

XMAS

ALL

Comment

• "NightStix"....thanks for the Education! Always take words from the WISE!

Comment

• Originally posted by NightStix View Post
                              Congrats on making it in there.
                              Thank you so much!
                              Baltimore Police Department
                              **Finally :0)**

Comment

• Ops. Sec.

Originally posted by MDNG1297 View Post
                                MDNG1297,
                                I am also military and need to remind you to please be careful with what you post. You should not be talking about sensitive operations. Just a word of caution.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17341 users online. 490 members and 16851 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X