Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know this has probably been asked before but I looked back through the past 20-30 pages or so and didn't see it. I was wondering if anyone knew how common overtime opportunities are at BCPD. Thanks for all the great info so far.

Comment

• Normally overtime will go up and down, but you will deff. have more overtime opportunities in BPD then most agencies out there. Also right now with 15-30 officers per district resigning since January there is a lot of overtime going on. I know my district alone has had overtime everyday because they have been so short on man power.

Comment

• Originally posted by crowleyd3 View Post

2) I will be taking the test after I finished undergraduate classes, but a few days before my actual graduation. Should I just say I haven't graduated yet since technically I haven't?
        Iam80sbilly gave great advice but this is something I personally disagree with. Obviously, just as he said, take this as personal opinion as I am not in BPD recruitment. BUT...

If you are going to be done with all of your classes and you are absolutely without a doubt certain you passed your classes and are for a FACT going to be getting your bachelors degree in so many days after you take the written, then YES, I would say you have your degree. You are not going to go through the entire process in a few days. You will have that degree before your background check when they look into it. If by a very slim chance you get assigned a background investigator before you get handed that degree, then tell your B.I. that you were not lying, you will have your degree in hand in x amount of days.

But as Iam80sbilly said, just take a deep breath and relax. This can be stressful but just go with the flow and you'll be fine. Again, that is just my personal opinion. If this were February and you were saying this is your last semester you're in the middle of and you'll have your degree in two months, should you say you have your bachelors degree, it would obviously be different. But if you will be finished with all of your classes and you have a graduation date shortly after you start the process then I think it is harmless.

Good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by MiGuy View Post
          Iam80sbilly gave great advice but this is something I personally disagree with. Obviously, just as he said, take this as personal opinion as I am not in BPD recruitment. BUT...

If you are going to be done with all of your classes and you are absolutely without a doubt certain you passed your classes and are for a FACT going to be getting your bachelors degree in so many days after you take the written, then YES, I would say you have your degree. You are not going to go through the entire process in a few days. You will have that degree before your background check when they look into it. If by a very slim chance you get assigned a background investigator before you get handed that degree, then tell your B.I. that you were not lying, you will have your degree in hand in x amount of days.

But as Iam80sbilly said, just take a deep breath and relax. This can be stressful but just go with the flow and you'll be fine. Again, that is just my personal opinion. If this were February and you were saying this is your last semester you're in the middle of and you'll have your degree in two months, should you say you have your bachelors degree, it would obviously be different. But if you will be finished with all of your classes and you have a graduation date shortly after you start the process then I think it is harmless.

Good luck
          Thanks, that makes sense.

If I get accepted into the BPD, is it possible to hold off on going to the police academy for about 6 months? Or do I have to go when they tell me to?

Comment

• Just Got my Final processing call!

Comment

• Nic congratulations...
              MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
                Nic congratulations...
                thanks brother

Comment

• Two day hiring event for baltimore pd

Hi all, I was curious what items I should bring with me to the two day processing event for Baltimore... I know I need to dress in business attire, but do I need to bring gym clothes or paperwork with me? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• You need to bring paperwork and PT gear. I am calling down today to see exactly what is needed and what will be done first (pt or test) once I find out I will post on here. The number is 410-396-2340 in case you want to call.
                    MDRDEP:

Comment

• Congrats, Nic! See you on the 13th
                      “Justice, sir, is the great interest of man on earth. It is the ligament which holds civilized beings and civilized nations together.” -Daniel Webster

Guess we'll find out just how blue my blood runs after PSI does their thing. Anything goes in pursuit of the badge...

Comment

• Very nice, congrats! So it's definitely going down the 13th?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cheyne0531 View Post
                          Very nice, congrats! So it's definitely going down the 13th?
                          Thanx lights cant wait to get started..... and yea she definitly said the 13th

Comment

• Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
                            What's up brother? Nice to see you doing well in the Academy..
                            What's up bro. Hopefully I'll see you in one of these classes this year!

Comment

• I was waiting for all my NY'ers to represent before I came down lol

It seems like they are moving quick this go round. I will be down at the end of the month, hopefully soon my friend!!
                              MDRDEP:

Comment

• So its definitely starting May 13th? I know Lights&Sirens said that E and T needs at least weeks notice for the academy, but I was wondering if any pre-hires had heard anything official.
                                Last edited by Cheyne0531; 05-05-2011, 01:43 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 15842 users online. 511 members and 15331 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X