X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone hear anything on 11-02?

Comment

• Originally posted by espantoon View Post
      Sounds like he's trying to pull a fast one on you to get you to enlist. Call his boss and the missing documents will magically appear.

Car dealers try this same trick with holding onto your license or the keys to your trade in to pressure you to buy the car.
      Ha Ha Yes, when I managed a used car lot, I use to hold peoples driver's license. Sometimes I ended up selling something by doing this. Not so much a pressure thing...just another way to get them to "come back".

Comment

• I'm coming down on the 26th through the 28th.

Also any hotels near the Police Station anyone could recommend?

How hard do you think it would be to get a ticket to the baseball game on the 26th?

Thanks
        Last edited by jcioccke; 05-03-2011, 03:13 PM.
        MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

• There is the sleep in right across the street.. only 79 a night for police applicants and it's pretty new .. i've stayed at all different ones in the city and for the money its your best bet.

Comment

• Thanks Brother- Do you have the address? Just so I can book at the correct hotel.

Thanks again!!
            MDRDEP:

Comment

• Just got the call, final processing on Monday!

Comment

• That's awesome- Congratulations!!!!!!
                MDRDEP:

Comment

• Thanks jcioccke....for those wondering, she said that right now the next academy is supposed to start Friday the 13th(yikes), but may be pushed back to the 20th

Comment

• Originally posted by Cheyne0531 View Post
                    Thanks jcioccke....for those wondering, she said that right now the next academy is supposed to start Friday the 13th(yikes), but may be pushed back to the 20th
                    I just want this thing to start, there was rumors at E&T today but I think there trying to be secretive about the start date for some reason. A new POT came in today and told us it would be the 13th, the Seargent and various instructors insist its going to be the 6th. Who knows and who cares! Im just like a pig in **** making more than 12 bucks an hour for the first time in my life.

Comment

• Originally posted by crowleyd3 View Post
                      At what point do I need to show my birth certificate, social security card, etc? My USMC recruiter was holding onto them while I considered enlisting and now he can't find them. I wanted to take the test next week.
                      Damn! Id be on the phone with someone about that if I were you, those things can take months to furnish. He's prolly got em, Id never trust anyone with that stuff.

Comment

• Who knew Hicks was going to cause me to be as sore as I was during Hell Week!!

For you guys waiting to start, about 3 or 4 days before our class began they gave out an email to all trainees that have been detailed throughout the department confirming the start date of your class & and what to wear and bring the first day, so look out for that.

Comment

• What's up brother? Nice to see you doing well in the Academy..
                          MDRDEP:

Comment

• I've been working on the application and plan on taking the test next Tuesday. I have some questions though.

1) Are two co-workers required for every job I've had since high school on the application? I've had jobs where I worked alone, or just with a supervisor. Or I just don't keep in touch with them and don't have their contact info. What am I suppose to do about this?

2) I will be taking the test after I finished undergraduate classes, but a few days before my actual graduation. Should I just say I haven't graduated yet since technically I haven't?

3) For the employment section, if there was a gap of unemployment between jobs, do I just take one of the spots for employment and say I was unemployed for a certain amount of time?

4) For the address history form, do I just include permanent addresses or should I include my addresses when I lived at school too (On campus housing)?
                            Last edited by crowleyd3; 05-03-2011, 09:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by crowleyd3 View Post
                              I've been working on the application and plan on taking the test next Tuesday. I have some questions though.

1) Are two co-workers required for every job I've had since high school on the application? I've had jobs where I worked alone, or just with a supervisor. Or I just don't keep in touch with them and don't have their contact info. What am I suppose to do about this?

2) I will be taking the test after I finished undergraduate classes, but a few days before my actual graduation. Should I just say I haven't graduated yet since technically I haven't?
                              3) For the employment section, if there was a gap of unemployment between jobs, do I just take one of the spots for employment and say I was unemployed for a certain amount of time?
                              Unless it asks you to explain your unemployment gaps, No.
                              4) For the address history form, do I just include permanent addresses or should I include my addresses when I lived at school too (On campus housing)?
                              Hey Buddy just relax and take a deep breath I know these things can be nerve racking. If you have questions or doubts I would contact a recruiter, take my advice as personal opion being that I have gone through 24 of these. Just follow the application instructions, read everything thoroughly and you will be fine. You are going to fill out a ton more paper work, just be as thruthful and honest as you can be.
                              1)I would write N/A in the blank area, explain if they ask.
                              2)I would say you havent graduated.
                              3)Unless it asks you to explain your unemployment gaps, No.
                              4)I would include every adress, you will be held accountable for everything. If your are caught hiding something you will be DQ'd. Just do your best. I had college houses where I couldnt remember the complete adress, I did my best to recall it make sure you write all of this information down for future applications, most likely you will be asked the same questions about 3 times over in this process.
                              Last edited by Iam80sBilly; 05-03-2011, 11:27 PM. Reason: Inserted response in posters quotes

Comment

• It's also good to make copies of your application packet... When you fill out the tenth form asking for the same info, it helps to have a complete document to refer to. Personally, I made copies of everything I submitted, and after being hired I filed it all away so I can retrieve it easily if I need to. The application process goes by a lot faster and easier if you stay organized.

...and your recruiter/background investigator WILL notice.
                                “Justice, sir, is the great interest of man on earth. It is the ligament which holds civilized beings and civilized nations together.” -Daniel Webster

Guess we'll find out just how blue my blood runs after PSI does their thing. Anything goes in pursuit of the badge...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16815 users online. 459 members and 16356 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X