300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Suicide Pace View Post
    Yes. Keep in mind no official confirmation yet.
    Oh, its not official? People have been saying its been delayed because they want to hire more people for it.

Comment

• I haven't heard anything "official" out of Personnel yet either, but my supervisor in Homicide did call one of the supervisory Sgt.s at E&T yesterday and today and was told we're definitely not starting on time--the Academy needs at least a week's notice to prepare for an incoming class and they haven't gotten it yet.

It looks like it's going to be a relatively small class. Not sure if that'll be good or bad...
      Last edited by Lights&Sirens; 04-29-2011, 03:11 PM. Reason: :X
      “Justice, sir, is the great interest of man on earth. It is the ligament which holds civilized beings and civilized nations together.” -Daniel Webster

Guess we'll find out just how blue my blood runs after PSI does their thing. Anything goes in pursuit of the badge...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cheyne0531 View Post
        Oh, its not official? People have been saying its been delayed because they want to hire more people for it.
        I haven't received a phone call or e-mail and my unit's Sergeant knew nothing about it as of this morning. Although he did mess with us and say six trainees were fired, so the academy was going to be delayed. He told us he was joking before we left for the day.

Comment

• Lights&Sirens...Thanks for the info! Yea, I took the medical Tuesday so now I'm just waiting for the "call"

Comment

• quick question about med...is there a dress attire for the exam or is it casual more or less? Also, do you have to let your BI know that you've completed the med (assuming its the last step) or is it all handled from there?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lights&Sirens View Post
              I haven't heard anything "official" out of Personnel yet either, but my supervisor in Homicide did call one of the supervisory Sgt.s at E&T yesterday and today and was told we're definitely not starting on time--the Academy needs at least a week's notice to prepare for an incoming class and they haven't gotten it yet. One of my (our?) classmates is assigned to Personnel and he told me today that it's highly unlikely that we're starting on time and we may be delayed beyond the 6th. Apparently there's been some kind of shakeup within Recruitment... or something.

It'd be nice if they would have called and given us some more heads up time... Or just let us know what was going on.

So yeah... nothing official... But as of Tuesday this week, they had all of 16 people hired (according to our classmate in Personnel) and they will not start us with less than 35. Regardless, it looks like it's going to be a relatively small class. Not sure if that'll be good or bad...
              I heard the same thing at QM today .. we only have 16 so far, I don't know how we're going to start May 6th

Comment

• Originally posted by cd124 View Post
                quick question about med...is there a dress attire for the exam or is it casual more or less? Also, do you have to let your BI know that you've completed the med (assuming its the last step) or is it all handled from there?
                If you're only going straight to the medical appointment, I'd say you could easily get away with business casual. You'll be surrounded by health-care professionals who could care less what you're wearing as long as it's somewhat conservative. My polygraph and medical were basically back to back so I was in suit and tie the entire time.
                Last edited by Suicide Pace; 04-28-2011, 08:12 PM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueChord11B View Post
                  I heard the same thing at QM today .. we only have 16 so far, I don't know how we're going to start May 6th
                  I doubt you will, the last three classes have all started under 40 I believe. The junior class now seemed very small to me the other day.

Originally posted by Nic820 View Post
                  I had a little problem with color blindness during my medical exam but ive been called back for other things by my backround investigator and this never came up.......... do you guys think they really care about that part of the medical exam, i can see normal colors fine but on the test i missed a couple numbers on the color blindness.
                  You will be fine, I'm color blind also. Those tests are horrible!
                  Last edited by P71Ryan; 04-28-2011, 08:13 PM.
                  I'm currently looking to rent a room out to a Baltimore Police Trainee, message me for details! Drive time to academy is under 30 minutes!

Written: 2/16
                  PAT: 3/27
                  Psych Written: 4/21
                  Background Packet Submitted: 5/10
                  Psych Oral: 5/13
                  Polygraph: 5/15
                  Medical: 5/26
                  Final Processing: 7/16
                  Hired: 7/21

Comment

• Originally posted by P71Ryan View Post
                    I doubt you will, the last three classes have all started under 40 I believe. The junior class now seemed very small to me the other day.
                    I can't complain .. I lucked out and got assigned to SWAT until the academy starts

Comment

• Homicide FTW! I've learned my 10-codes already because the Detectives shout them out all day and dog me if I get 'em wrong. Biggest lesson... never call for a 10-44, lol. I like where I'm working too, there's a lot going on every day and everyone has been very eager to share information, experiences, and advice.

Also, if our class IS delayed, I got a return invite from the Sgt. at the ME's office to come back with 1 or 2 classmates to see some homicide cases if I/we want. When I went, there were only 4 cases being reviewed and examined, and none were homicides. That Sgt. was just back in the Homicide office yesterday and reminded me that the invite is still open. If anyone can get the okay from their supervisor, I'd like to go back just for the learning experience.
                      “Justice, sir, is the great interest of man on earth. It is the ligament which holds civilized beings and civilized nations together.” -Daniel Webster

Guess we'll find out just how blue my blood runs after PSI does their thing. Anything goes in pursuit of the badge...

Comment

• Originally posted by P71Ryan View Post

You will be fine, I'm color blind also. Those tests are horrible!
                        Yes, they are. The lung capacity test is absurd.

Comment

• That test WAS awful. I'm a swimmer, so I know I have decent lung capacity, but I had to blow into that stupid thing until I was ready to pass out. Honestly, out of everything we had to do throughout the whole application process, that's the only one that really irked me. I get why it's necessary, but jeez...

Comment

• Originally posted by Lights&Sirens View Post
                            Homicide FTW! I've learned my 10-codes already because the Detectives shout them out all day and dog me if I get 'em wrong. Biggest lesson... never call for a 10-44, lol. I like where I'm working too, there's a lot going on every day and everyone has been very eager to share information, experiences, and advice.

Also, if our class IS delayed, I got a return invite from the Sgt. at the ME's office to come back with 1 or 2 classmates to see some homicide cases if I/we want. When I went, there were only 4 cases being reviewed and examined, and none were homicides. That Sgt. was just back in the Homicide office yesterday and reminded me that the invite is still open. If anyone can get the okay from their supervisor, I'd like to go back just for the learning experience.
                            couple fresh bodies from today's events in the eastern. one self inflicted to the head to "escape" arrest and another multiple shooting (one homicide) a few blocks away.

Comment

• See, it figures that the day I'm told to report to the ME, we only have 4 bodies--1 pedestrian v. car, 2 medical complications, and 1 OD. There was 1 decomp as well but they worked on him in a separate room and I stayed up in the observation area. I was told there are usually a minimum of 15 bodies, and at least 1 homicide. I get there on a slow day and talk to the doctors about ridiculous fundraiser raffles and crab feasts. Figures.

Comment

• Originally posted by cd124 View Post
                                quick question about med...is there a dress attire for the exam or is it casual more or less? Also, do you have to let your BI know that you've completed the med (assuming its the last step) or is it all handled from there?
                                Business attire for EVERY stage except for agility test.
                                Baltimore, where the police are the perps and the perps are the victims

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14211 users online. 239 members and 13972 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X