Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Suicide Pace
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2011

Thanks for the quick response. I still plan on looking into the "Education Incentive Program" through personnel though, assuming it's not too late as I've already been hired. If I can recover some of the pay that's currently being cut by using my degree, that would be great.

Comment

• jvegas
      shook'n cats, ringn bells
      • May 2007

Originally posted by Suicide Pace
      Thanks for the quick response. I still plan on looking into the "Education Incentive Program" through personnel though, assuming it's not too late as I've already been hired. If I can recover some of the pay that's currently being cut by using my degree, that would be great.
      the incentive is still active, as far as i know.

Comment

• ALGO
        Forum Member
        • Mar 2011

Does the department offer any experience pay bump if you already have some years on the job from another state. Like a bump after your FTO program?

Comment

• jvegas
          • May 2007

Originally posted by ALGO
          Does the department offer any experience pay bump if you already have some years on the job from another state. Like a bump after your FTO program?
          yes, but its immediate.

Comment

• dvtny2
            Forum Member
            • May 2007

Apartments and Possible roomates

What's goin on everybody and for all the new hires and recruits congrats.

First off I am using my best friends officer ID cause I cant sign up cause the site is messed up.

I just got hired by City of Baltimore Police department and will be attending the academy starting April 29th 2011.

I am in town this weekend and possibly a little longer looking for an apartment for the academy. I have been all over the immediate area of the academy and found a few places. Most of them were in bad shape. I was considering these 2 at this point:

Mt washington apts.
            and
            Crescent Pointe Apts. (lochearn? its off paterson on liberty)

ANYONE WHO WILL BE ENTERING THE ACADEMY FEEL FREE TO PM ME ON THIS USER ID and maybe we can work something out so we can actually SAVE some money.

Little bit about me: 25 yo Male Single New Yorker from Queens and Long Island, Hockey, lacrosse, bodybuilding as hobbies and well Ill be in the academy the 29th.

PM me immediately if you have any interest in bunking up.

Thanks and looking forward to seeing you all at the academy.
            "Good people sleep well in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to commit acts of violence on their behalf."

Comment

• irishman585
              Forum Member
              • Mar 2011

JVEGAS,
              if you or any other veterans in the dept could answer this. Does BPD have any specialized units that are of this sort, up in rochester our police dept has a tactical unit that goes out every night and does not answer calls for service unless real important, they also do not take accidents all they do is pro active work such as going out in there cop cars and making stops and looking basically for dope and guns. They have teams of 6 people and they all work on the same radio and work as a team to like i stated find and stop suspicious characters. and focus on problem areas. Basically all pro active work, i was just curious if BPD had some sort of specialized unit that is similar to this and if so what is the unit called.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• ALGO
                Forum Member
                • Mar 2011

Thanks jvegas any idea ( ball park ) what 7 years experience would start someone at?

Comment

• jvegas
                  • May 2007

Originally posted by irishman585
                  JVEGAS,
                  if you or any other veterans in the dept could answer this. Does BPD have any specialized units that are of this sort, up in rochester our police dept has a tactical unit that goes out every night and does not answer calls for service unless real important, they also do not take accidents all they do is pro active work such as going out in there cop cars and making stops and looking basically for dope and guns. They have teams of 6 people and they all work on the same radio and work as a team to like i stated find and stop suspicious characters. and focus on problem areas. Basically all pro active work, i was just curious if BPD had some sort of specialized unit that is similar to this and if so what is the unit called.

Thanks in advance.

there are many units like that.

VCIS (Violent Crime Impact Section), District Flex units, Monument St initiative, Swat, Tri-District unit.

Comment

• jvegas
                    • May 2007

Originally posted by ALGO
                    Thanks jvegas any idea ( ball park ) what 7 years experience would start someone at?
                    no clue. i know that the guys in my class that had experience started out at like 50k. they were all from Puerto Rico, so im not sure if that mattered or not.

Comment

• espantoon
                      Operation:JustifyPaycheck
                      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by jvegas
                      no clue. i know that the guys in my class that had experience started out at like 50k. they were all from Puerto Rico, so im not sure if that mattered or not.
                      From what I remember, they got "special" deals that took into consideration what they were earning before coming over to BPD, so they weren't paid exactly what a BPD officer would have made with the same amount of experience.

It was supposed to be a win-win for the city and the new officers. Baltimore got a bunch of experienced officers who required a ... minimum of training, and the officers saw enormous pay raises and the opportunity for almost unlimited overtime.

Comment

• hamrat
                        Forum Member
                        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by espantoon
                        From what I remember, they got "special" deals that took into consideration what they were earning before coming over to BPD, so they weren't paid exactly what a BPD officer would have made with the same amount of experience.

It was supposed to be a win-win for the city and the new officers. Baltimore got a bunch of experienced officers who required a ... minimum of training, and the officers saw enormous pay raises and the opportunity for almost unlimited overtime.
                        And some turned out to be entrepreneurs with a great idea for towing cars!

Comment

• jvegas
                          • May 2007

Originally posted by espantoon

true. some of those guys had 8 years on and still only made 50ishK because they made even less than that in PR.

Comment

• og256752
                            Forum Member
                            • Oct 2010

Same as someone new. You may be able to buy back some years. I know two guys in my class that are working on that.
                            Last edited by og256752; 04-17-2011, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• ALGO
                              Forum Member
                              • Mar 2011

ok thanks for the info

Comment

• jcioccke
                                Forum Member
                                • Feb 2008

And some turned out to be entrepreneurs with a great idea for towing cars!
                                That was clever and witty- well played LOL
                                MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19891 users online. 36 members and 19855 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...