Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baltimore City Police Department Q&A

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • JVegas, I noticed that sergeants and lieutenants are also on a 26 year pay scale. Does that mean you have to work 26 years as a sgt or Lt to hit their top pay?
    NYPD 8132
    4Q!!
    July 2012: Praying to God every night

    Comment


    • Originally posted by bronxbombers27 View Post
      JVegas, I noticed that sergeants and lieutenants are also on a 26 year pay scale. Does that mean you have to work 26 years as a sgt or Lt to hit their top pay?
      no. it means you have 26 years on total and are a sgt or lt.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Lights&Sirens View Post
        My Women's Recruitment experience was similar... A lot of the women there seemed to have come in because they had nothing better to do that day. It was a little off-putting, since this was my dream, and a job prospect I've taken very seriously. Out of about 20-25 women who were there for the PT test, about 15 were cut out of the group afterward. After that phase, I've often been the only female showing up for testing dates and interviews.

        I was psyched yesterday when another female went upstairs with BlueChord and I for final processing, but she was actually there for her Oral Psych, lol. For those of you who have already been--about how many females are sorted into each academy class? I have no issues keeping up with the men, I'm just curious what the mix usually is...

        In other news... Hire date is set for the 5th! Can't wait to start learning... and can't wait for the academy. I'm interested to see how far I can push myself.
        out of 46, we had about 10.

        Comment


        • Hopefully those of us who tested back in October and just finished the entire process in February will get a call soon too then : )
          BPD
          Written - 10/8/10
          Phyisical - 10/9/10
          Written Psych - 11/4/10
          Background Interview - 11/22/10
          Polygraph - 1/17/11
          Oral Psych - 2/17/11
          Medical - 2/17/11
          Final Processing - Still waiting.....

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Magz19
            Thanks. Coincidentally when I called this morning to set up my psych the female officer said the same thing as for how many women in the academy classes lately... The female officers (one of whom is a academy officer) woad it used to be around 10, but lately it's more like 2-5... She said the last class had two and one dropped out :-/ if everything goes well for me in the next week I'll be down there for the April class. They said they wanted to try to get the five of us girls (and im sure other ppl) who passed into the next class. My fingers are crossed. Lights and sirens, how was the written and oral psych?
            Easy, as long as you aren't a psychopath, lolol. The written is ridiculously long, but nothing too taxing mentally. Basically, if you aren't hearing disembodied voices telling you to make a bodysuit out of cats, you'll be fine. The Oral Psych is much shorter, but is basically looking for the same red flags. Probably the easiest part of the whole process, imo. Good luck!
            “Justice, sir, is the great interest of man on earth. It is the ligament which holds civilized beings and civilized nations together.” -Daniel Webster

            Guess we'll find out just how blue my blood runs after PSI does their thing. Anything goes in pursuit of the badge...

            Comment


            • LOL me too!!!!! took me by suprise.

              Comment


              • No interest in starting one jvegas. As for the bump in pay for having a degree, we were told that was gone. Not true? I was apart of a much larger union in a previous job and we had the ability to strike, which Police & Fire do not. That union eventually gave things up & back and the company was no where in the financial mess that the city is in. The pension and retirement will be changed. After all, the city could just lay Officers off (like Camden, N.J.).
                Respectfully I would have to disagree, pay and pension are not the most important. And I have enough time on to know I'm not staying. Good luck to those who do!
                As for the credit report, you do not need the credit score just the report.
                Ductus Exemplo

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Magz19
                  Thanks. Coincidentally when I called this morning to set up my psych the female officer said the same thing as for how many women in the academy classes lately... The female officers (one of whom is a academy officer) woad it used to be around 10, but lately it's more like 2-5... She said the last class had two and one dropped out :-/ if everything goes well for me in the next week I'll be down there for the April class. They said they wanted to try to get the five of us girls (and im sure other ppl) who passed into the next class. My fingers are crossed. Lights and sirens, how was the written and oral psych?
                  My class is currently the latest class in. We started with a total of 6 females, only 1 quit during hell week.

                  Comment


                  • So I've found my apartment in Owings Mills .. does anyone know of a cheap furniture place? Because this is getting expensive lol.. Also, for the white shirt you need for the academy .. is it supposed to be a regular dress shirt with one pocket or a white uniform shirt
                    Last edited by BlueChord11B; 03-23-2011, 12:51 AM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BlueChord11B View Post
                      So I've found my apartment in Owings Mills .. does anyone know of a cheap furniture place? Because this is getting expensive lol.. Also, for the white shirt you need for the academy .. is it supposed to be a regular dress shirt with one pocket or a white uniform shirt
                      IKEA is pretty cheap. If you are really strapped for cash, you can check out Goodwill for some stuff.

                      White shirt is regular dress shirt.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by BlueChord11B View Post
                        So I've found my apartment in Owings Mills .. does anyone know of a cheap furniture place? Because this is getting expensive lol.. Also, for the white shirt you need for the academy .. is it supposed to be a regular dress shirt with one pocket or a white uniform shirt
                        where in Owings Mills are you staying? Make sure your white shirt has that one pocket..
                        The Few, The Proud, The Marines...

                        Comment


                        • i'll send you a pm .. don't want to put it out all over the internet

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by BlueChord11B View Post
                            i'll send you a pm .. don't want to put it out all over the internet
                            oh, just let everyone know...Baltimore is a safe place.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by East Side View Post
                              No interest in starting one jvegas. As for the bump in pay for having a degree, we were told that was gone. Not true? I was apart of a much larger union in a previous job and we had the ability to strike, which Police & Fire do not. That union eventually gave things up & back and the company was no where in the financial mess that the city is in. The pension and retirement will be changed. After all, the city could just lay Officers off (like Camden, N.J.).
                              Respectfully I would have to disagree, pay and pension are not the most important. And I have enough time on to know I'm not staying. Good luck to those who do!
                              As for the credit report, you do not need the credit score just the report.
                              i agree, once the union gives, you never get it back. i really think that we have good chance of winning the federal suit and getting our pension back to where it was, at least for people already hired. new hires will more than likely get the new pension plan and higher contribution.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by jvegas View Post
                                i agree, once the union gives, you never get it back. i really think that we have good chance of winning the federal suit and getting our pension back to where it was, at least for people already hired. new hires will more than likely get the new pension plan and higher contribution.
                                Just hire the former mayor Sheila Dixon to get the pension up to snuff. She got her pension despite being a total sleezeball.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 19525 users online. 504 members and 19021 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X