Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the call I go in Monday for final processing and will probably be in the April class. Feels good to be *almost* done with the hiring process
    “Justice, sir, is the great interest of man on earth. It is the ligament which holds civilized beings and civilized nations together.” -Daniel Webster

Guess we'll find out just how blue my blood runs after PSI does their thing. Anything goes in pursuit of the badge...

Comment

• Congrats! I will see you there on Monday most likely .. not to mention I'm going to check out Willowbrook the day before ..

Comment

• Congratulation Lights&Sirens
        MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

• Congratz iv been waiting 4 weeks now for that call
          BPD
          Written - 10/8/10
          Phyisical - 10/9/10
          Written Psych - 11/4/10
          Background Interview - 11/22/10
          Polygraph - 1/17/11
          Oral Psych - 2/17/11
          Medical - 2/17/11
          Final Processing - Still waiting.....

Comment

• lights&sirens when did you start the process?. And Congratulations!

Comment

• I was told they are trying to get this next class to have around 50. once you get there for final processing you should snoop around and ask how many are confirmed for the april class! I'd imagine that after the april class they'd have one in june?

Comment

• So did BDP Please make it? I haven't seen a post from him in awhile
                MDRDEP:

Comment

• he said he got hired back in post #4973

Comment

• Thanks Vega. What the heck he was in here every day crying about not getting the call. He has a duty to answer the new applicants questions. LMAO
                    MDRDEP:

Comment

• I GOT DA CALL!!!!! Well .... The MSP call!!!!!!! Since I'm in bmore thought i'd post it here, great advice Guys great posts, dreams DO HAPPEN!!!!! maybe c u on da highways dAt academy no joke.

Comment

• Congratulations and I wish you the Best!!!!
                        MDRDEP:

Comment

• Thanks guys! I'm still grinning ear-to-ear like an idiot and I got the call at 9 am, lol. Hope to see you there Monday, BlueChord. Does anyone know if this is a one-on-one thing or done in groups? The detective who called me said it'll take around 3 hours and is like an orientation...

Irishman: I started the process around mid-December, about a week before Christmas.

uanick: I'll be sure to ask. I'm actually the maid-of-honor in a wedding going down in NY in May so I need to find out if that will be a huge problem if I'm in the April class... I was told they've delayed Academy start dates for individuals before, for things like pre-booked vacations... I'd rather not wait, but I can't exactly tell my cousin that I can't be in her wedding 2 months before the Big Day... Argh!

Still... I'm just happy to be one step closer to getting my official hire and starting the training process. I've been working out like a madwoman, studying city 10 codes, and brushing up on my Spanish for months... I'm ready to go!
                          Last edited by Lights&Sirens; 03-17-2011, 10:14 PM.
                          “Justice, sir, is the great interest of man on earth. It is the ligament which holds civilized beings and civilized nations together.” -Daniel Webster

Guess we'll find out just how blue my blood runs after PSI does their thing. Anything goes in pursuit of the badge...

Comment

• I have no idea about it being a group thing or one on one .. all I was told was to be there at 8am

Comment

• Well good deal i wish you the best and hope the academy is a good time!! hope to be working with you one day! i like reading these threads and hearing about peoples success it makes me happy and have wishful thinking so congrats again and bluechord congrats to you also.

I also want to thank all the veteran officers that help in this thread i read the whole thing and i am impressed on how quick everyones responses are and how thorough and i am hoping to get the same guidance through my process until the day i get on if it happens so dont stop the thread!!!!

Good luck to everyone and stay safe out there

Comment

• Originally posted by Lights&Sirens View Post
                                Thanks guys! I'm still grinning ear-to-ear like an idiot and I got the call at 9 am, lol. Hope to see you there Monday, BlueChord. Does anyone know if this is a one-on-one thing or done in groups? The detective who called me said it'll take around 3 hours and is like an orientation...

Irishman: I started the process around mid-December, about a week before Christmas.

uanick: I'll be sure to ask. I'm actually the maid-of-honor in a wedding going down in NY in May so I need to find out if that will be a huge problem if I'm in the April class... I was told they've delayed Academy start dates for individuals before, for things like pre-booked vacations... I'd rather not wait, but I can't exactly tell my cousin that I can't be in her wedding 2 months before the Big Day... Argh!

Still... I'm just happy to be one step closer to getting my official hire and starting the training process. I've been working out like a madwoman, studying city 10 codes, and brushing up on my Spanish for months... I'm ready to go!
                                they may be able to work with you, but ask them before you go in for final processing. more than likely, they will let you start in whatever academy starts after may. if they say no, i guess you have to make the decision...im sure your cousin would understand and could find someone else. if its a weekend, you'll be fine. if its during the week, dont expect to be able to get off for it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14764 users online. 434 members and 14330 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X