300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlueChord11B View Post
    Haha so is the neighborhood around the academy i.e Willowbrook, Brookview, and Cross County Manor relatively safe then? BTW thanks Lights&Sirens about the pm, I'm checking that place out next week.
    I'm not sure. I can't more strongly recommend that you get a short term or month-to-month lease, though. I probably mentioned something a few pages back about this. You don't know where you're going to be assigned, and if you could find yourself having a very lengthy commute to work if you live in the northwest and get assigned to the southeast. It probably doesn't seem like a big deal now, but it will turn into a colossal pain in the butt as you're grinding out shifts, running into unwanted overtime, getting a short shift change every few weeks, going to court early or on your day off, and all the other wonderful things that turn your 1539-0012 (Sorry, jvegas) late shift into a much longer day.

Comment

• Thanks EASTSIDE for the info on the O.T. question.

Comment

• Just got some info from my BI: There will be an academy class this April, but they're hiring "so many" people right now, there's a very good chance another class will run later on (possibly July?) to accommodate all the new hires. My BI said not to worry about which class you get sorted into, because "once you're hired, you're hired." If you're in a later-starting academy class, they'll put you to work doing "other stuff."
        “Justice, sir, is the great interest of man on earth. It is the ligament which holds civilized beings and civilized nations together.” -Daniel Webster

Guess we'll find out just how blue my blood runs after PSI does their thing. Anything goes in pursuit of the badge...

Comment

• Originally posted by Lights&Sirens View Post
          Just got some info from my BI: There will be an academy class this April, but they're hiring "so many" people right now, there's a very good chance another class will run later on (possibly July?) to accommodate all the new hires. My BI said not to worry about which class you get sorted into, because "once you're hired, you're hired." If you're in a later-starting academy class, they'll put you to work doing "other stuff."
          Like sweeping parking garages or painting if they can find some paint.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magz19
            Kinda random, but a page or two ago someone asked about tattoo removal because of tats on their arms... And someone mentioned using an ace bandage instead of removing their work. Was designing a tat for a friend of mine and this randomly came up on the web... Thought I'd share. Looks kinda like the underarmor compression sleeves, but flesh colored. Probably nicer and less bulky than a bandage.... And wouldn't come undone. Hope it helps!

http://www.tatjacket.com/
            someone posted that item a few pages back...that sleeve wouldnt work with BPD.

Comment

• Just waiting to be 20 and 6 month . I'm 20 and 4 months now and they say I cant apply.

Comment

• yeah i know the feeling, i have wanted to take the test for about 6-7 months now and im finally able to, my only worry is they may think were to young (immature) because being a police officer comes with a lot of responsibility as you all know. I was just curious if BPD frowns upon hiring younger recruits. Any one care to chime in? much appreciated

Comment

• Originally posted by irishman585 View Post
                  yeah i know the feeling, i have wanted to take the test for about 6-7 months now and im finally able to, my only worry is they may think were to young (immature) because being a police officer comes with a lot of responsibility as you all know. I was just curious if BPD frowns upon hiring younger recruits. Any one care to chime in? much appreciated
                  i know lots of guys that were 21 in the academy.

Comment

yeah i know the feeling, i have wanted to take the test for about 6-7 months now and im finally able to, my only worry is they may think were to young (immature) because being a police officer comes with a lot of responsibility as you all know. I was just curious if BPD frowns upon hiring younger recruits. Any one care to chime in? much appreciated
                    I took the test a few months before I was 21 .. and then I got the call on my 21st birthday

Comment

• hey JVEGAS .. was wondering if there was any word on possibly doing a ride along Monday .. if it matters you can let them know I'm buying dinner!

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueChord11B View Post
                        hey JVEGAS .. was wondering if there was any word on possibly doing a ride along Monday .. if it matters you can let them know I'm buying dinner!
                        you dont have enough money to buy my Sgt dinner! He eats like a king. Honestly, i forgot all about it, its been hectic to say the least. i'll ask him tonight.

Comment

• Haha you'd be amazed at how well the Army pays .. thank's I appreciate it, especially since vcis is my dream spot, would be cool to see how you guys work

Comment

• thanks for the info, jvegas what are the hours like in vcis do they switch often, is your group close? and how long did it take you to get in their?

Comment

• and also thank you to you bluechord

Comment

thanks for the info, jvegas what are the hours like in vcis do they switch often, is your group close? and how long did it take you to get in their?
                                hours change, but my squad is permanent 4-12am, other squads rotate 8-4pm and 4-12am. its really up the Sgt. we work nights so we can get court OT. off sat, sun/sun, mon rotating. very close knit group. i never really put in for it, i was asked to go. from the time i said "yes" to the time the transfer went through took about 4-5 months. on the average, people get in with about 3-5 years on. like anything, its what you've done, who you know, and what you can offer. when i first got hired and until i got into field training, i had totally opposite plans than to get into narcotics. what you think you might want to do might change.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17020 users online. 519 members and 16501 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X